Game Day Thread .. 9's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Metcalf has some speed @BOZO will be happy to see that

Oh yeh baby !

Metcalf absolutely destroyed them !!!

speeding-speed-kills-gory-background-illustration-blood-splattering-surrounding-wordings-traff...jpg

Keppie and Waddell were hitting hard. I get the feeling that our forward pack is going to be bullying every team this year.
ZDC did nothing.
True with ZDC. But I was sure Damien Cook was going to kill it in their game. Hardly put a dent in the Tigers.

Go Manly Go. Money where my mouth was $40 on the Eags. =$52 extra in doublehoop's pocket;-)

Yes Metcalf got 2 trys and looked flash. But once again I have to sing the praise of Zac Docker Clay. He may be small but when he has the ball he just looks in complete control.

I have huge hopes for Cust this year. ZDC is very different player and in terms that halfback/ hooker who controls the game and his team. ZDC is a bloody good one. If he can't make our top 30 I have to say. This is our best squad in a long long time. Best squad in a decade.

Ahhhh but don't forget we are no chance. No Fainu sitting on the side line. No Forward leader Jurbo out injured to start the year. Out Best forward AFB is out to start the year.. Best back Turbo coming back from injury who knows.

But it's still our best squad in ten years.

Go Manly Go. Go Manly Go

I know I’m literally repeating every other post on here tonight but wow didn’t Metcalf impress! Loved his confidence running the line and his speed is super valuable. Keen to see more of him tomorrow! And also, any day of the week I’ll take a win over the storm ;)
Yes Ella. He is my smoky for first grade if things get a bit shaky with injuries and if he can stay injury free. This kid has some serious talent and he is a keeper :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just glad no injuries it's simply a junket event. I liked Reed izzard looked good, paseka just not sure labours along still. Young Metcalf has speed and could be dangerous.

Great first day - especially Manly owning Storm ☔️ n the last game.
So much different to 7's....the old days of early shifts will create spills and zero momentum, with the key to play through the middle for 2-3 tackles to create momentum and have the defence shifting inwards, as going wide early is an illusion and the slide defence will swallow the attack 95% of the time.
Manly have some big bodies and though Metcalfe is deservedly getting pats on the back, the damage in every game including Manly's is the big men in the middle earning the right for the quicks to cash in and score the points.
The other key is possession - obviously you need the ball to score, but this also leads to field position, owning the clock and sucks the energy out of the opposition.
Manly situation is good....leading their pool and only a huge loss could see them miss the finals, so look good.
All big favourites- Eels, Brisbane and Sharks lost , so too much unpredictability to throw any more tips...though these favourites should get up today by decent margins....ummmm should???

There’ll be someone that’ll wedge in a religious comment in the thread no doubt. (Sorta like I just did. @:blush: ).
What In sweet baby jesus has Keppie been eating? Small children? He has grown a bit over the summer.

Sorry already got baby Jesus in there. Even if he was eaten by Keppie at some point in last 4 months.

Highlight for me was our defence. A couple of huge hits, possibly by Waddell or Keppie. That shows a great attitude to this tournament and this season.
Keppie picked up where he left off last year. This guy needs to be in NRL!

Pretty hard to strangle a team out of the 9s but I think we just strangled the wrestlers
And Metcalf,
He's good.
Hope we aren't about to have to endure another weird refereeing trend that makes a mockery of the rules. This time when player saves the ball near the in goal and gets seemingly tackled in the field of play yet gets ruled tackled in goal.
Happened to us twice and I saw it in an earlier game.
I hope not...

And the commentators were raving about how good a hit that fat Parra players shoulder charge was ... WTF ...

Keppie picked up where he left off last year. This guy needs to be in NRL!

Not just picked up where he left off ... but went to a higher level ... he took ownership but more importantly he seemed to just naturally take a senior leadership role on the field ... he takes performance personally .... he is enthusiastic and engaged ... and looks like he just loves the contest .....

He is already our 3rd best prop and will be our 2nd best by mid season ....

PSS ... I may be a bit biased .... I think I want to shag him ..

Says a lot when major coaches like a Des, Bellamy and Ricky don’t bother attending.

Cowboys may be a step up from what the Storm offered but there is a pretty decent mix of size , mobility and speed with the Manly squad to be quite competitive again . Getting their defence in order could be the key , poor read on Munster 's try but solid enough all round . Pleased that Metcalfe took his opportunities . Croker looked sharp and committed , [ bit lucky to be awarded a try ] but a class play by Garrick . Maybe Ipane will be included against the Cows to add another good attacking option and will be good if Haumole is given more space to move . Really unpredictable how some of these games pan out but a good first up outing by the Manly boys last night .

Cowboys may be a step up from what the Storm offered but there is a pretty decent mix of size , mobility and speed with the Manly squad to be quite competitive again . Getting their defence in order could be the key , poor read on Munster 's try but solid enough all round . Pleased that Metcalfe took his opportunities . Croker looked sharp and committed , [ bit lucky to be awarded a try ] but a class play by Garrick . Maybe Ipane will be included against the Cows to add another good attacking option and will be good if Haumole is given more space to move . Really unpredictable how some of these games pan out but a good first up outing by the Manly boys last night .

Yep you have to think the Cowgirls are a step up from what we saw last night ,but who knows with this Micky Mouse comp.

Happy day ... some Rugby League at last .... or at least a version of it ... the Off season endith ...

Very excited to watch our young Eagles have a go .... bring it on ....

Can't wait to hear .... he's a future Superstar of the Game .... said 25 times a game every game ....

I was watching a replay on fox and heard Braith say about Metcalfe : "A superstar in the making!" - caused a chuckle when I thought of your comment.

Not just picked up where he left off ... but went to a higher level ... he took ownership but more importantly he seemed to just naturally take a senior leadership role on the field ... he takes performance personally .... he is enthusiastic and engaged ... and looks like he just loves the contest .....

He is already our 3rd best prop and will be our 2nd best by mid season ....

PSS ... I may be a bit biased .... I think I want to shag him ..
Yeah love his competitive nature, we have some real competitors in our team this year, Gosiewski, Waddell, Keppie, Cust, Croker, Chez, Walker, AFB the T bros, Thommo, Parker. Geez I nearly named the whole side and I could have kept going. They are all goers and seem to like the hard stuff and a bit of niggle. I reckon teams and their supporters will really hate us this year! PERFECT!!! :)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4