GAME DAY - Manly v Dogs [Round 3, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@RLW_Mole
Leary got a back injury when Mase ran into The Circle by jumping on his back . :(
2v has the hat trick of bad news now, so lets hope his luck has turned for the better :inlove:
Ok that makes sense. When the circle split up Leary was on the ground on his knees and needed a couple of trainers to help him up. I just assumed that he got injured during the game.

I'd have way more faith in that first trust fart after 2 days of diarrhea, than I do in Matt Cecchin.

Mase, you big clutz! :mad:

Keep their pack moving, offloads, long kicks that find ground and stay in play, good line speed, and matai better watch lafai, has footwork better than chambers and he gave matai a bath last week.

We are in this one. Need half chances to come off. And we need to tighten up the middle as their forwards will keep coming.

Looking forward to a Manly win tomorrow. Run their forwards around all night. Kebab world for pre game kebab too.

Our second half fade outs could be a big concern with the SCUMDogs having a massive bench.

It's like they have 2 halves, 2 Morris brothers and 13 big boppers!!
Exactly right. Toovey must give the bench players decent minutes and not have 16 on 17 like last week. Let jake off the leash - go the SEA EAGLES!!!!!!

Manly's performance against the Storm last week was like the curator's egg...good in parts (as Rex used to say). It was good to see a confident Mateo overcalling DCE early in the match (which seemed to put the Storm defence a bit off balance). Buhrer's desperate last ditch goal line defence was a feature of one of the best comeback matches post knee construction anyone could have . Snake ran freely and his try saver on Koribete was outstanding (unlike the defence which preceded it). Hiku's footwork and evasiveness is top tier...if he had more speed and/or acceleration he could be anything.

The Storm's attack was bog average to be honest. Cronk and Smith looked lethargic and the inside ball from Cronk to Slater was telegraphed and unfolded in slow motion. It was only when Manly visibly wilted after about 55 minutes that the Storm looked threatening.

Manly's defensive pattern looked like it had been tweaked. Depending on the field position , 3 defenders would wedge up quickly around the ruck while the other defenders would move up more slowly in a holding pattern. For the most part it seemed to work.

The inability to play out the 80 minutes has been a trend for a number of years. In 2010 the 2nd half fadeouts were dramatic , a result of too much emphasis on bulking up . Training changed in 2011 and even though Manly were wobbling with 20 minutes to go in the GF they managed to get the job done. The trend has continued to varying degrees and cost Manly in 2013 . Some may say it's only round 3 , but Souths and the Roosters already look supremely fit .

I doubt that Manly will be able to withstand the relentless go forward of the Bulldogs over 80 minutes from what I've seen , unless they get at least 55% of possession. Brett Morris is particularly dangerous lurking around the rucks looking for offloads from Kasiano et al.

Manly will target and get outside Sam Perret . This should be the number one priority. Brett Morris is not a good defensive fullback partly because of his positioning, and his hands can sometimes turn to clay under the bomb. Rona is a relative novice at NRL level...he looks good in the air but his defence has already been found wanting against the Panthers . A short passing game around the ruck with angled runners including Buhrer and Symonds may tire out the Bulldogs forwards and get them arm grabbing (especially Kasiano , T-Rex and Klemmer) . Hodkinson looks underdone post knee surgery (he appears even slower than last year) but he usually lifts at Brookvale.

I see that the Bulldogs have got a lot of penalties already this year by milking the play the ball. Their back 3 and T-Rex are the best at this, taking a big step forward as soon as they get up to play the ball , then getting tangled up with the marker and appealing for a penalty( for offside markers or markers not square). Manly defenders need to stand on the mark where the player is tackled , raise their arms straight away and appeal for a penalty for walking off the mark.

Toovey is doing a good job as coach , but needs to use his bench more judiciously. Injecting a player into the match (not with calves blood Des) at the right time can be a matchwinning decision .

Looking forward to the game tonight!! No doubt they have the upper hand in the forwards but we have always held our own against the Dogs since the Des defection so it will be a close one. We just need to get out of the blocks early again and use all the forwards on the bench to ensure we maximise our impact.

Go Manly!!!!

Do you think willie Mason will be all fired up playing against his "old club?"

Hmm tough one but with a dry fast early season track allowing some expansive play and that large teams tend to struggle with the pace early in the season I think Manly are actually a chance at home.
lol did you see brookie last week it looked like a goat track. Not dry or fast. The grass is kept long and it the drainage is horrible. Tooves woulda been out there with a hose all week too hahaha

image.jpg

I hope we smash the dogs they are one team , one club who I will never ever support and i hope don't win another premiership for 42 years such as Souths have just broken last year.

Banner for tonight a simple one :
Conflict of interest
Or
Double standards

How this man is still employed by the NRL I will never know

Give it to them tonight boys

Thought I would bump this thread up. Very hot on the beaches today. Wouldn't mind it staying this way tonight. Would suit us better I think. Might get a cool change later though.

Forecast on weather channel

Is for rain this evening

I think if the change comes through our odds increase

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4