GAME DAY - Manly v Dogs [Round 3, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
GAME: SEA EAGLES V BULLDOGS DATE: FRIDAY 20TH MARCH, 2015
VENUE: BROOKVALE OVAL NRL KICK OFF: 7.35PM [NINE]

REFEREE: Matt Cecchin :banghead: VIDEO REFEREES: Bernard Sutton
ASSIST REFEREE: Henry Perenara Luke Phillips
TOUCH JUDGES: Jeff Younis
Nick Beashel
STANDBY: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski JERSEY COLOUR: Lime

Why can't we have Ziggy :p

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart (West Wollongong)
2 Cheyse Blair (Bilambil Jets)
3 Jamie Lyon (c) (Wee Waa Panthers)
4 Steve Matai (Richmond Rovers)
5 Peta Hiku (Manurewa Marlins)
6 Feleti Mateo (Lalor Park Kookaburras)
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (Mackay Brothers)
8 Luke Burgess (Dewsbury Moor)
9 Matt Ballin (Kingaroy Red Ants)
10 Willie Mason (Toronto)
11 Jamie Buhrer (Hills District Bulls)
12 Tom Symonds (Bondi United)
13 Dunamis Lui (Brisbane Brothers)

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao (Penrith Brothers)
15 Blake Leary (Nerang Roosters)
16 Jake Trbojevic (Mona Vale Raiders)
17 Ligi Sao (Manurewa Marlins)
18 Justin Horo (St Clair Comets)

Coach: Geoff Toovey:angel:

Bulldogs
1 Brett Morris (Kiama Knights)
2 Curtis Rona (Joondalup Giants)
3 Josh Morris (Kiama Knights)
4 Tim Lafai (Campbelltown Warriors)
5 Sam Perrett (Burleigh Bears)
6 Moses Mbye (Noosa Pirates)
7 Trent Hodkinson (Cabramatta Two Blues)
8 Aiden Tolman (Smithtown Tigers)
9 Michael Lichaa (Yarrawarrah)
10 James Graham (c) (St Helens Crusaders)
11 Josh Jackson (Gulgong Bull Terriers)
12 Tony Williams (Cabramatta Two Blues)
13 Greg Eastwood (Manurewa Marlins)

Interchange
14 Sam Kasiano (Otahuhu Leopards)
15 David Klemmer (All Saints Liverpool)
16 Frank Pritchard (St Clair Comets)
17 Tim Browne (Raymond Terrace)
18 Lloyd Perrett (Burleigh Bears)

Coach: Des Hasler:devil:

So the question is who is coming this Friday to cheers on the boys

Hooefully a 15,000 + crowd as this game deserves it!!

I suspect the dogs fans will be large in number and will be over confident of a win

I think our boys will ready to show the NRL we are not going to go down easily this year

Dogs have a very strong pack but can be beaten

Manly by 8

Be there by 5pm to cheer the NYC. Pity we don't have the 3 Grades again @:rolleyes:

Hopefully we will get more than the 10k like last week.

Manly 13+ Go Manly! :inlove:

Not with Ceccin in charge, he's never forgiven us for the furore we created against the Titans back in the Ox era, I'm sure you will all remember it!!

I always reckon he gives us a really hard time.

Home ground advantage, up against a stronger team, tough game Dogs by 10

Last edited:
So long as our forwards are aggressive we'll stomp these ****ing mutts. No second half fades this week.

So the question is who is coming this Friday to cheers on the boys

Hooefully a 15,000 + crowd as this game deserves it!!

I suspect the dogs fans will be large in number and will be over confident of a win

I think our boys will ready to show the NRL we are not going to go down easily this year

Dogs have a very strong pack but can be beaten

Manly by 8
I will be there screaming my guts out :D I see it being a tight game, Manly by 4.

We really need our fwds to step up and hold their own. The play the ball also needs to be slowed down, I feel we are jumping out of tackles a bit too early which is helping the opposition to get a roll on. If we can nullify the Bulldogs fwds somewhat then DCE and the backline willl see us home.

Coming down from the Gold Coast with the family to watch this game. Will be on the hill like I used to when I was younger. Can't wait. A few mates are Doggies supporters so I hope we win by at least 6. Go Manly

Our second half fade outs could be a big concern with the SCUMDogs having a massive bench.

It's like they have 2 halves, 2 Morris brothers and 13 big boppers!!

The most sensible way to counter the big Dogs is greater use of ALL 17 players. All bench players should be given 25-30minutes to help overcome the fatigue that the starting forwards face as the match against bigger opponents wears on. If a bench player can't maintain a good standard for 25 minutes or so then he shouldn't be there.
I think most of us would agree that getting Jake Turbojet on much earlier in the second half would have helped us.

The most sensible way to counter the big Dogs is greater use of ALL 17 players. All bench players should be given 25-30minutes to help overcome the fatigue that the starting forwards face as the match against bigger opponents wears on. If a bench player can't maintain a good standard for 25 minutes or so then he shouldn't be there.
I think most of us would agree that getting Jake Turbojet on much earlier in the second half would have helped us.
I agree, he was wasted sitting on the bench for most of the game. More minutes is a must.

Cecchin, Perenara has been factored in by the bookies. 2V's non-use of the bench has also been factored in. Last time we beat them at Fortress Brooky was in the wet, when their big guys couldn't change direction quick enuff to stop DCE, Snake scored 2.

I'm not feeling too confident, but a good showing is required. No capitulations, no fade outs.
MDGOTY.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4