GAME DAY - Manly v Dogs [Round 3, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do we think the terrible sandy field was a way of slowing and tiring the dogs pack? Our forwards stood up and played so well! Mason needs another year extension

Well remember last year we left the sprinklers on for 3 days beforehand and made them play in a swamp. This year it was a beach. Next year ??.......can we make it snow ?

My concern is we are dreadful at Wynn. We could be one win from four, after getting raped in the nines, the trials, the finals, and eight weeks before that.

We are on a massive losing slide as a club. When do people start getting concerned?

Ease back on the panic button a touch Ryan. We haven't lost those 2 games just yet. No game is easy in the NRL but Dragons don't have much to hurt any team. The Raiders are definitely better this year but hopefully we get some troops back on deck by then.

No panic Ryan calm we will be ok. Take away parra we where off game.
Blair is too costly on wing cannot defend for ****, so he can catch a bomb unlike Wolfie but he has let 3 tries in 2 games very costly think about tonight. The dogs went out there because in comes in.
Get him off there.

My concern is we are dreadful at Wynn. We could be one win from four, after getting raped in the nines, the trials, the finals, and eight weeks before that.

We are on a massive losing slide as a club. When do people start getting concerned?
Was concerned last year.....
Sooner the mercenaries are gone the better. We need players that will bleed for the club..,

Im hearing early team announcement for next week due out soon. Horro will be named in NSW cup

So the question is who is coming this Friday to cheers on the boys

Hooefully a 15,000 + crowd as this game deserves it!!

I suspect the dogs fans will be large in number and will be over confident of a win

I think our boys will ready to show the NRL we are not going to go down easily this year

Dogs have a very strong pack but can be beaten

Manly by 8
I think the problem was we didn't have Max on the Hill. The Hill was loud and proud last weekend. We need Max at all home games on the Hill. Not only our saviour but our lucky charm

It's always disappointing to lose but they tried their guts out. The game was 3 try's a piece and the difference was goal kicking. Our goal kicking Captain was injured, not to mention several other starters.
The Dragons and Raiders are next, they should win both of those.

Keep the faith.

Yeah, thought it was a gutsy performance but just wasn't to be tonight.
Losing Killer late was bad enough then Williame off to get a concussion check early.

Rd 1 we lost Gutho early so gave us a three man bench, then lost Foz
No Killer or Leary tonight.
Thats four of our Rd 1 squad out by Rd 3 ( I can't believe that Wolfy is that far down the pecking order that we started with Williame?)

I'll stick my neck out and say I thought Chez tried his guts out tonight to the point that he was trying too hard - the same goes for Snake. I know that might sound stupid but without Killer we had no 2nd kicker so pretty much he was the man. Yes, there'll be cries of "well he's the new million dollar man so he should do it all" but look at the Dogs, even with Mbye they had a 2nd bomb putter upperer.

Jake was really good, a prop that actually has some ball play and awareness.

At 10-4 down they were all over us, we fought hard but somehow they jagged a win.

PS: I shouldn't mention the Voldemorts, they were ordinary for both teams.

I was very pleased with the effort tonight. I thought we'd get pumped when I heard Jamie was a late withdrawal and seeing the size of those fat Dogs. But we were actually the more creative team and our much maligned small forward pack were courageous.
The Dogs were very disappointing. They may have got the points but no glory as we were missing five regular first graders.
Well done guys. You are playing with true Manly spirit, overcoming all the nonsense off the field.

What's your problem, you've been bleating for months that all you want is a team that busts its guts for Manly even if they lose. tonight you got your wish, so bask in satisfaction.

I thought Burgess, Mason, Lui, T-Red, Sao and Turbo did a great job tonight. Turbo got really good minutes (well done Toovs), and was very good. He ran hard, defended well and was able to chime into the attack and keep the ball moving with nice passing. Not many young props in only their 3rd game could do that so naturally.

Hiku looked good when he got involved, but I wanted to see him look for the ball a bit more because our backs were lacking tonight. Blair has been really disappointing this year, and again tonight - I don't think he'll keep his spot. Horo was really poor and will be back in NSW Cup next week.

Mateo looked very good, nice and involved and sharp with his touches. So far our new recruits have been impressive - Mateo, Burgess and Mason.

DCE had a really off night, very out of sync.

I thought we were the better side TBH, goal kicking didn't help us, but our backline looked really out of sorts tonight with Jamie missing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8