Fultons fingerprints on everything

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I suspect that the mandate that Penn gave Bozo when he signed him to his consultant role was pretty much "total control". Bozo doesn't strike me as someone who takes a back seat, he's either driving or not in the car.

The thing that worries me about that is how in touch Bozo is with the modern game. NSW have been dismal for a decade under his guidance and our efforts this year aren't a great advertisement for his tactical ability. We have had some injury disruptions and are in a bit of a transition phase so I'm willing to give the set up another 12 months to see if they have indeed got a plan in place. They have pretty much cleared the place of every player that was here when they arrived and now they have a team that they built, so if we are languishing in 13th or 14th at end of next year then there can be no excuses.

Just on Siebold. Sure he is a good bloke and good at his job.

But I am also sure Bellamy didn't tell him do whatever you want and I won't interfere or give you my opinion.

I suspect that the mandate that Penn gave Bozo when he signed him to his consultant role was pretty much "total control". Bozo doesn't strike me as someone who takes a back seat, he's either driving or not in the car.

The thing that worries me about that is how in touch Bozo is with the modern game. NSW have been dismal for a decade under his guidance and our efforts this year aren't a great advertisement for his tactical ability. We have had some injury disruptions and are in a bit of a transition phase so I'm willing to give the set up another 12 months to see if they have indeed got a plan in place. They have pretty much cleared the place of every player that was here when they arrived and now they have a team that they built, so if we are languishing in 13th or 14th at end of next year then there can be no excuses.

That's pretty much the space I'm in before getting totally negative again.

But I do think Twenty will be under a lot of pressure by about May 2017 if we are say 1/8.

If we are showing improvement and are say 4/8 I'd say he'll be safe, any better and he's a genius.

Difference being, Bellamy was his head coach.

Agree, but the similarity would be that Siebold would do exactly as he was told by the Boss. Doesn't matter by what title the boss goes by. If he doesn't like the fact it is Fulton, so be it.

Siebold would have been told exactly what defensive patterns to coach by the boss (Bellamy), and those were already being used by the club for the past 5/6 years and well known to at least 85% of the players. He may of tweeked but he didn't change.

Morale low? Wonder if the 'game of throwns' has anything to do with that?

It seemed to kick start a 7 game losing streak (after a winning streak). What odds would that pay?

Morale low? Wonder if the 'game of throwns' has anything to do with that?

It seemed to kick start a 7 game losing streak (after a winning streak). What odds would that pay?

Mate, I have had to put up with Barrett and Fulton being blamed for everything from a player dropping a ball to the weather in Argentina ..... but if you start to blame our ills on Game of Thrones I will tell the Mountain where you live.

If Morale is so low, how are we still attracting very good talent, and quality depth? Why is it Brett Stewart and Steve Matai want to remain at the club and play on so much?

If you look at the pride, passion and heart Matai showed in his interview about match fixing (what a joke THAT suggestion was), he looked plugged in, determined, passionate.

I think I have said a few times now. Just chill for now, the roster will look pretty damned good next year. If you hear we may be in the market to sign this player or that, remember, Bozo said we'd already SIGNED players that we will be especially happy about.

No-one thought we'd land Taupau. Everyone thought DCE was gone for all money. Dylan Walker will be a full time centre next year with a point to prove.

I think we'll be singing a very different tune this time next season.

As for Siebold. Anyone think Bellamy is the kind of coach to relinquish control either? Siebold came here probably thinking he'd be a major piece, and realised he wasn't that big a part in the end - and it frustrated him. Why WOULD Siebold leave Melbourne in the first place? You'd think he'd feel very secure, safe & happy in that culture?

Love your enthusiasm Ryan but using Brett Stewart as an example of the enthusiasm within our club. Please!!!Did you watch his attitude this year. He will be at our club for one reason. He will be getting paid and no one else would take him.

As for Siebold everyone I talk to holds him in the highest regard,he has a great record yet somehow he loses these skills when he arrives at Manly. Doesn't stack up in the common sense stakes.

Love your enthusiasm Ryan but using Brett Stewart as an example of the enthusiasm within our club. Please!!!Did you watch his attitude this year. He will be at our club for one reason. He will be getting paid and no one else would take him.

As for Siebold everyone I talk to holds him in the highest regard,he has a great record yet somehow he loses these skills when he arrives at Manly. Doesn't stack up in the common sense stakes.

Do people know Brett had a clean-out of his knee through THIS season, yet played on after that? And apparently it didn't do the job. Imagine having a knee op like that, and having to come back and play first grade 3-4 weeks later, only to realise it didn't work as expected.

Yuck.

Siebold was our defensive coach, trying to get a bunch of reserve grade quality footballers to defend like superstars mate. Look at my post in the "we are a poorly coached team" thread for what Barrett and Siebold have had to deal with.

If Siebold doesn't have the fortitude or balls to stick with us, and work his arse off through these troubling times, and just wants an easy rise, and doesn't want to help re-build us, then he can fark off in my opinion mate. That's un-Manly like.

He needs to show some spine, realise things aren't great, but be determined to stick with us and turn it around, despite his environment. THAT'S a true leader. Not one that runs when the going gets tough.

Ryan if you think Brett's attitude was due to a knee injury that is Disneyland stuff. You can be injured and still put in 100 per cent at a lower performance level. Players do it week in week out.Body language says it all and he had zero.

Btw. What happened to you in your absence mate. Every post was the harbinger of doom and a weekly reminder of our disgraceful record in every grade yet now we are the good ship lollipop sailing toward a wave of future success lol. Btw I like this positive version better so keep it up mate.

Ryan if you think Brett's attitude was due to a knee injury that is Disneyland stuff. You can be injured and still put in 100 per cent at a lower performance level. Players do it week in week out.Body language says it all and he had zero.

Btw. What happened to you in your absence mate. Every post was the harbinger of doom and a weekly reminder of our disgraceful record in every grade yet now we are the good ship lollipop sailing toward a wave of future success lol. Btw I like this positive version better so keep it up mate.

Don't get me wrong, even with everything as bad as it was dealt to Barrett this season, I still think we are at least a 4-5 placed better team than shown on the table.

So I still don't buy the excuses tbh.

But, given everything, happy to support Barrett. Think we'll have some astute signings. Think we'll be better off injury wise.

A few solid wins (say 6 of the first 9 games or something) the whole culture, atmosphere, attitude will change mate. People will be happy. Footy's so short term & fickle.

As I said, people will be pleased with the signings....in my opinion of coarse :)

The way bozo is treating our legends is just terrible, even if we get results again as we are expecting, there will be that side of selfishness to it and it is just a bit disappointing but then again we are manly and we are always meant to be at the pointy end of the ladder so I suppose that's just the way it is :( surely he could be nicer to the likes of toovs and snake.

Had a beer with a couple of Siebolds best mates yesterday .The guy left for one reason apparently. Fulton is involving himself in everything from front office to Barrett's game plans,selections..basically the lot.. They said the place is a basket case with low morale across the board and this stacks with everything I have heard from within the club.Siebolds record with Melbourne and Queesland is impeccable so it's hard to believe he suddenly lost all his coaching attributes on arrival at Manly.

How the club deals with this situation will determine the next 5 to 10 years.
Seabold's best mates are not the best people to get the best and most accurate story
The Fact is...... Seabold was given full reins with our defensive structure and it was for all to see that our defensive wall came tumbling down and the ruthless Fulton did the right thing to send him on his way to the pub to drown his sorrows with his mates .
Cheers !!! :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10