Fultons fingerprints on everything

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Had a beer with a couple of Siebolds best mates yesterday .The guy left for one reason apparently. Fulton is involving himself in everything from front office to Barrett's game plans,selections..basically the lot.. They said the place is a basket case with low morale across the board and this stacks with everything I have heard from within the club.Siebolds record with Melbourne and Queesland is impeccable so it's hard to believe he suddenly lost all his coaching attributes on arrival at Manly.

How the club deals with this situation will determine the next 5 to 10 years.

Had a beer with a couple of Siebolds best mates yesterday .The guy left for one reason apparently. Fulton is involving himself in everything from front office to Barrett's game plans,selections..basically the lot.. They said the place is a basket case with low morale across the board and this stacks with everything I have heard from within the club.Siebolds record with Melbourne and Queesland is impeccable so it's hard to believe he suddenly lost all his coaching attributes on arrival at Manly.

Can we pin this thread to the top so that the 'glass more than half full, it's positively overflowing' brigade can see what the rest of us see - that there really is reason for concern and the club is in a very dark place. Your 5 - 10 years assessment seems frighteningly real.

I am always in the half full brigade and will remain so because our history says we always fight back BUT Management hired this bloke and need to have the courage to reverse that... Not an easy job when dealing with a bloke of Fultons status but they have to bite the bullet.

I'm not so concerned about Fulton's involvement, though his nepotism with his family does annoy me. But if he can do what Gould did for Penrith, then I'm all for it. The question is does he have the common sense nous to get it right. The morale of the club went south two years before Fulton came back. The Penns may have had the money but they seemed to have no idea, and Joe Kelly, for all his nous overseas, seemed out of his depth. Something had to be done and whatever it was it was going to be painful.

I think Susan we'll get a sense of how Fulton fares with this club by the end of next season. He's making mistakes in my mind with recruitment, but he has brought in some potentially fine cattle and with a little injury luck in '17, Manly may be back in the 8 and on the way up. There's little else on offer, so best give him the chance.

I am always in the half full brigade and will remain so because our history says we always fight back BUT Management hired this bloke and need to have the courage to reverse that... Not an easy job when dealing with a bloke of Fultons status but they have to bite the bullet.
Don't get me wrong, I'll always be Maroon and White to the bone, but you're right, we have a great big problem. Of even bigger concern is the extent to which the family influence extends right down to the juniors and why it could be a very long recovery.
I doubt the owners will take a nibble on that bullet. We may have to wait until we have a new owner and, as you say, that could be a decade.

Explains a hell of a lot really.
The most concerning part is that Manly is a basket place with low morale across the board. That will keep us down.

if he can do what Gould did for Penrith, then I'm all for it.
No disrespect intended Bearfax, but I've never understood the comparisons between Gould and Fulton. To me the similarities are: players who became successful coaches, involvement with NSW Origin (very different success), and a return to a club to reshape them.
I know many don't like Gould, but if you listen to his talk about Penrith, it's a breath of fresh air. He talks about how important it is to develop local juniors and backs it with tireless work on facilities and education programs. On Twitter when he's asked about some things at the club he'll say, "that's for the coach to decide, that's for the GM", etc. Yes, he axed Cleary but that was after not interfering with his coaching work and does appear to have been the right decision.
They are very different old bulls.

The guy left for one reason apparently. Fulton is involving himself in everything from front office to Barrett's game plans,selections..basically the lot.. They said the place is a basket case with low morale across the board
It is not a shock that morale through the club would be low, what with 2 poor seasons, the ongoing 'senior player' issue, the sacking of Toovey, match fixing investigations, etc etc etc.

Clearly Seibold does not agree with the game plans, selections. Presumably he was prepared to be Barrett's assistant but doesn't like being Bozo's assistant.

Barrett this year has seen his maiden season as an NRL coach go way, way south. In 2017 he knows it is his own coaching career on the line so if he isn't happy with Bozo's suggestions he's going to have to stand up to him.

I'm not so concerned about Fulton's involvement, though his nepotism with his family does annoy me. But if he can do what Gould did for Penrith, then I'm all for it. The question is does he have the common sense nous to get it right. The morale of the club went south two years before Fulton came back. The Penns may have had the money but they seemed to have no idea, and Joe Kelly, for all his nous overseas, seemed out of his depth. Something had to be done and whatever it was it was going to be painful.

I think Susan we'll get a sense of how Fulton fares with this club by the end of next season. He's making mistakes in my mind with recruitment, but he has brought in some potentially fine cattle and with a little injury luck in '17, Manly may be back in the 8 and on the way up. There's little else on offer, so best give him the chance.
Big difference was Gould was appointed as CEO/General Manager in a full time capacity. Fulton was employed as a consultant to advise but basically tells everyone who is a full time employee with a designated role how to their job - that is quite simply a recipe for disaster and always will be.

Barrett this year has seen his maiden season as an NRL coach go way, way south. In 2017 he knows it is his own coaching career on the line so if he isn't happy with Bozo's suggestions he's going to have to stand up to him.

Barrett allegedly stood his ground on Brett Stewart playing and stood it with not only Snake but Bozo and ZtH putting their two cents worth in as well. Snake wanted to play and those two wanted him playing as well, but apparently Barrett said no and wanted Tom at fullback. From what I remember reading there was a big argument about it and Barrett was allowed to go ahead with his plans at his own risk. It was almost like they were expecting (hoping) that it would all blow up in TB's face.

If that is true I wonder what they were thinking when we started getting far more from Tom at the back than we were getting from Snake? Remember that by the time Snake went down with injury against Newcastle on Anzac day, Tom had only played 2 full games at fullback in the opening two rounds of the year and TBH I think he was a bit overawed about it because he wasn't too impressive in either game. There was still the feeling that this team needed Snake's experience in the #1 jumper despite Turbo's potential.

Last edited:
So we had a new assistant coach who came to our club with new ideas and some vision who wanted to do his job. But an old bull shut him down and sent him packing. It can't be said there is no other alternative to Bozo.

So we had a new assistant coach who came to our club with new ideas and some vision who wanted to do his job. But an old bull shut him down and sent him packing. It can't be said there is no other alternative to Bozo.

And in this fantasy world .... Bozo did this because ...

I penned this email to the club very honest no response but the state of the place is a great concern

HI to everyone in football department, I been a supporter for manly for over 30 years I am a third generation supporter with my father, myself and now my son.
I have to say I am greatly concerned with our recruitment and releasing over the last 12 months.
Facts are there in front of us our 20s finished last compared to 2nd last year, 1sts for all the fanfare and hype finished worse than last season.
* last season we released 2 highly regarded outside backs in Pita Hiku and Clinton gutherson the later surely should have been priority to keep given the age of club legends Brett Stewart, steve matai and jamie Lyon. He has excelled at parra which is no surprise.
* the replacement Dylan walker has not lived up to hype we wasted half a season that he was a 6, Souths played john sutton in front of him at 6 that would have been obvious. While yes he has been injured, defensively he has a lot to learn.
* Lewis brown not sure with greatest respect to bloke is a first grader, his poor defence Jersey grabbing and running into marker from dummy half.
* Nate myles past his best too slow off the ground in both defence and with ball, 2 more years really.
* Api Koriseau while a good attacking player his dummy half service is very poor and cost as several times most importantly in crucial games v eels and dogs later in season. It is fundamental for a hooker to be able to pass from the ground quick and accurate.
Marty tapau and Darcy lussick where exceptional there is a lot of holes in our roster.
THE PRORITY SHOULD BE BOTH THE TROBJEVIC BOYS I READ WITH INTEREST THERE MANAGER NOT HAPPY WHERE YOUR FIRST OFFER WAS. SO AFTER BASICALLY HAVING TO PAY DCE DOUBLE HE WORTH AND LOSING FORAN.

Every club goes through transition or for another term rebuild. But I believe our current recruitment decisions are compounding this. Liam knight is released yet we are keeping wills Meehan and jami Hopoate reason purely a football decision.

I support the club not matter what but the days of 1990s of buying your shelf to the top are gone really. Our last great era 2005 to 2014 was built around strong juniors, good journeymen and a handful of good recruits.

the game plans and tactics and selections is a mirror reflection of NSW ... i said it at the start of the season.

And now it has been confirmed by Susan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8