Fullback Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you line up at fullback Vs the Roosters

• Funa

Votes: 59 35.5%
  • Saab

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Tuipulotu

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Garrick

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Koula

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • Weekes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Harper

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Schuster

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Was wondering if that had anything to do with the injury @:D

I think Des was talking about prepping replacements during Origin. We play just two days after two of this year's Origin games.
Yeah thats a typo.
List , i say list

Honestly can't see how giving a young bloke like Koula, who is used to playing fullback, a shot could be any worse than putting Garrick or Funa back there. We know what we'll get from Funa or Garrick: not much more than "steady" at best. Koula, on the other hand, might actually do something good for himself and the team. What do we really have to lose? Chances are we're going to struggle no matter who we put back there, so we may as well try to take something positive out of it.

Honestly can't see how giving a young bloke like Koula, who is used to playing fullback, a shot could be any worse than putting Garrick or Funa back there. We know what we'll get from Funa or Garrick: not much more than "steady" at best. Koula, on the other hand, might actually do something good for himself and the team. What do we really have to lose? Chances are we're going to struggle no matter who we put back there, so we may as well try to take something positive out of it.
Agree. Des was fine to choose Sam Murphy and Brett Stewart before they were 20 - throw them out there and see how they go.

just the fact that koula was elevated to the main squad for this season would be a pretty good indication that he has plenty of ability and not too far from top level consideration . Only one trial available but the training sessions are pretty full on with simulated plays and so on , he has been a junior rep so maybe not too much of a step up , Pressure footy is another matter but maybe also he is a quick learner and his natural ability can do the talking then . Not unusual for very promising juniors to be debuting at 18 if they are good enough . Some alternative thought with Walker at the back but Harper could go O K there as well , Elliott was essentially a converted centre / winger to full back and managed adequately could be the same with Harper if given an opportunity there and if koula may be considered not quite ready .

just the fact that koula was elevated to the main squad for this season would be a pretty good indication that he has plenty of ability and not too far from top level consideration . Only one trial available but the training sessions are pretty full on with simulated plays and so on , he has been a junior rep so maybe not too much of a step up , Pressure footy is another matter but maybe also he is a quick learner and his natural ability can do the talking then . Not unusual for very promising juniors to be debuting at 18 if they are good enough . Some alternative thought with Walker at the back but Harper could go O K there as well , Elliott was essentially a converted centre / winger to full back and managed adequately could be the same with Harper if given an opportunity there and if koula may be considered not quite ready .

And a pretty good indication that the club has no faith in Toms hammies. I guess we will get an idea on who he is thinking of playing at the back in the trial.

CmSoinf.jpg

And a pretty good indication that the club has no faith in Toms hammies. I guess we will get an idea on who he is thinking of playing at the back in the trial.
Plenty of reasons to be doubtful but i still do have some reasonable optimism that Tom 's injury situation can settle down and he can still put together some future decent length seasons and give some real value for money being a stand out again . Just the fact that Elliot was let go and surely Funa being more suited to the outside backs would indicate that the club still has some faith in a long term Turbo comeback . Maybe also they could see Koula as an excellent long term winger and also full back to cover for him if need be .Again would seem so much better however to have Koula as a future good finishing winger with Tom starring at the back

If Garrick gets the nod then at least it could open up a wing spot for Tuipulotu. And if he shines there and gets some NRL experience for a few games then that could be a really big plus.
In the poll I chose Funa.
But happy to see Koula get a chance. Except Des usually plans the debuts of youngsters very meticulously, so not really expecting that to happen.

It is Kool to have Speed to kill and it is a young mans game

So it has to be Koula for me

Agree. Des was fine to choose Sam Murphy and Brett Stewart before they were 20 - throw them out there and see how they go.
Ironically, both Murphy and Stewart were badly injured at their first first grade game for us and were out for the remainder of the year.
I think Peter Sharp was the coach when Murphy played with us and probably also for Stewart.
Fullback, along with hooker and halfback, is probably the toughest job going in league, so I imagine first grade experience is essential

C'mon peoples ... lift your game ... whilst Tommy is a serious set back ... with Foran, Walker, Schuster, and the new guys we have more attacking options this year than last ...

He will be missed obviously ... but I don't think as much as last year ... we might just lift the winning % without him to 50% ...
Agreed!

If Garrick gets the nod then at least it could open up a wing spot for Tuipulotu. And if he shines there and gets some NRL experience for a few games then that could be a really big plus.
In the poll I chose Funa.
But happy to see Koula get a chance. Except Des usually plans the debuts of youngsters very meticulously, so not really expecting that to happen.
Realistically there is 2 options
Garrick to fullback and Tuipulotu or Funa to wing.
Or Funa to fullback

Realistically there is 2 options
Garrick to fullback and Tuipulotu or Funa to wing.
Or Funa to fullback
Des mentioned that Harper has been training at fullback. I suspect Des will choose a player with NRL experience & who was in the team at the end of 2020 - Funa or Harper most likely. Garrick was a flop at fullback and I hope neither he, Walker or Parker is chosen there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4