Fullback Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you line up at fullback Vs the Roosters

• Funa

Votes: 59 35.5%
  • Saab

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Tuipulotu

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Garrick

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Koula

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • Weekes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Harper

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Schuster

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
To be fair if garrick has been training as a backup fullback it wouldn’t be the worst option. The last few years he has been the backup backup (Elliott trained as backup) and probably didn’t get much time to process the transition and responsibilities when he had to cover trbo/elliott last season.
Other than saab (who I think must start on the wing), Garrick looks most suitable for fullback in terms of his speed and his (albeit limited) experience. For whatever reason he has been very bad when playing there in the past though. Very hard decision but thankfully we have a few options that won’t mess up our backline too much.

Alternatively we could buy a fullback as we have one spot in the 30 left I believe? Harper is an interesting one and I personally hope Des goes with him but it would be a riskier choice. Or maybe Koula. I think it’s better to try one of these two/buy externally so that we can hopefully find a reliable backup fullback for 2021. Oh I forgot about Funa. Yeah maybe him as well. Tough decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair if garrick has been training as a backup fullback it wouldn’t be the worst option. The last few years he has been the backup backup (Elliott trained as backup) and probably didn’t get much time to process the transition and responsibilities.
Other than saab (who I think must start on the wing), Garrick looks most suitable for fullback in terms of his speed and little bit of experience. For whatever reason he has been very bad when playing there in the past though. Very hard decision but thankfully we have a few options that won’t mess up our backline too much.

Alternatively we could buy a fullback as we have one spot in the 30 left I believe? Harper is an interesting one and I personally hope Des goes with him but it would be a riskier choice. Or maybe Koula. I think it’s better to try one of these two/buy externally so that we can hopefully find a reliable backup fullback for 2021
I actually think Harper could be a good option. Reasonable size, pace and defence. Has good footwork and from memory has been a 6 so could be ok as a ball player.

We need a ball player, ball runner, defence organiser, cover defender, bomb catcher.

None of the backup fullbacks have all of that.

I actually think Harper could be a good option. Reasonable size, pace and defence. Has good footwork and from memory has been a 6 so could be ok as a ball player.
I am liking this too. Very strong runner with speed and like you said has ball skills. Was found out a bit in defence last yr but is hidden at the back. He can obviously catch aswell or wouldn't be considered. Could be a master stroke!
He was somewhat the forgotten man but definitely deserves to be mentioned

Last edited:
We need a ball player, ball runner, defence organiser, cover defender, bomb catcher.

None of the backup fullbacks have all of that.
Spot on. We won't ever get a like for like for Tom, but a defensively astute 1 far outweighs a game-breaking offensive 1. I don't know if we have anyone who has the fullback 'mind' that can fill in, but I haven't seen most of the team play fullback.

Funa was my selection on what is known - and that is, whilst unspectacular at 1, I think he can fill in there well enough so as to not be the cause of losing games.

Garrick will be the go for around 4 to five rounds when des will get the ****s & drop him just as he's finding his feet.

To be fair if garrick has been training as a backup fullback it wouldn’t be the worst option. The last few years he has been the backup backup (Elliott trained as backup) and probably didn’t get much time to process the transition and responsibilities when he had to cover trbo/elliott last season.
Other than saab (who I think must start on the wing), Garrick looks most suitable for fullback in terms of his speed and his (albeit limited) experience. For whatever reason he has been very bad when playing there in the past though. Very hard decision but thankfully we have a few options that won’t mess up our backline too much.

Alternatively we could buy a fullback as we have one spot in the 30 left I believe? Harper is an interesting one and I personally hope Des goes with him but it would be a riskier choice. Or maybe Koula. I think it’s better to try one of these two/buy externally so that we can hopefully find a reliable backup fullback for 2021. Oh I forgot about Funa. Yeah maybe him as well. Tough decision.
hopefully snake is giving him tips and putting through his paces

Could be a master stroke!
Funny - Tom was actually applying the "master stroke" when he went ass over tit in the bathroom…

In any case, you're selling it too hard, better Robbo - whoever ends up there will be there out of desperation and a lack of a better option. An adequate job will do. Sould combine well with whoever our adequate dummy half is…

This.

I think we all like Funa - he's a handy workman line player but if he's our first choice backup for 2021 we are in big trouble.

We should be using this bad news as an opportunity to blood a legitimate replacement down the line so the team doesn't completely collapse when Tom goes down.

Funa is not the answer if we are serious about 2021 aspirations.
Gee this all sounds familiar

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8