Fullback Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you line up at fullback Vs the Roosters

• Funa

Votes: 59 35.5%
  • Saab

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Tuipulotu

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Garrick

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Koula

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • Weekes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Harper

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Schuster

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Maybe Walker. Whoever it is is likely to spend a lot of time there throughout the year.
Positional play and attack should be O K , defence would need a bit of attention. . Elliott acquitted himself reasonably well there , Walker would have some more ability and in the present circumstances , anyone half decent is worth a shot there

I'm 80% it will be Funa....but I rate Koula a long term gun player who could get the chance to impress this Sunday's trial....bloke is a freakish talent, though in the deep end Rd 1 vs Roosters is a tough gig....I'm happy enough either way, but p###ed with the same story each season with Tom's hamstrings....Tuipulotu and Saab maybe a sneaky option, but most likely play on the wings....I really, really hope it's not Garrick at FB - for goodness sake.

Positional play and attack should be O K , defence would need a bit of attention. . Elliott acquitted himself reasonably well there , Walker would have some more ability and in the present circumstances , anyone half decent is worth a shot there
Yeah, mostly I think it's time to try someone new. Funa and Garrick try hard but it hasn't really worked with either of them.

To some extent I wonder if it matters much, given the effect it might have on player morale. I mean, to take a binary view it's either Turbo or Not Turbo. The "Not Turbo" team is much less likely to have a winning record.

Koula is a talent but at 18 I'd say he won't be in the mix this year.
Weekes has also played some fullback I wonder if he'd be considered.

All except the Saab people ... I am certain if DCE gets injured they will be calling for Saab to play halfback ...
Would Saab promise to get his hands on the ball at least once in every attacking set. And would he promise not to get caught with the ball close to the sideline on the fifth tackle. If so he could be worth a go at half.

I think he'd be better on the wing though.

Would Saab promise to get his hands on the ball at least once in every attacking set. And would he promise not to get caught with the ball close to the sideline on the fifth tackle. If so he could be worth a go at half.

I think he'd be better on the wing though.

I have no idea old mate ... all things are possible ... I am just intrigued by people who have never seen Saab play ... or only a 30sec highlights of running in the juniors ... who have universally annointed him with super-power abilities ...

Saab may well be the messiah ... but as yet he has not given the speech on the mount or blessed the cheese makers ...

If and when he does I'll become a disciple ... until then he is just another contender for mine ...

Whoever they are thinking make the call now and train him there full time with Snake giving all the help he can. I’ve not read all the other thread as just found out through a mates text. Ffs is Turbo made of glass or what.

I have no idea old mate ... all things are possible ... I am just intrigued by people who have never seen Saab play ... or only a 30sec highlights of running in the juniors ... who have universally annointed him with super-power abilities ...

Saab may well be the messiah ... but as yet he has not given the speech on the mount or blessed the cheese makers ...

If and when he does I'll become a disciple ... until then he is just another contender for mine ...

Its the off season. Every new purchase every year gets greater and greater abilities the closer the season gets. If the season didnt start until may saab would cure covid and be 8 foot 11 and tippytoes would be qld captain. Not sure where he is from but he is most definately eligible for Qld.

yesterday we had extreme depth. Today we are ruined

I'm 80% it will be Funa....but I rate Koula a long term gun player who could get the chance to impress this Sunday's trial....bloke is a freakish talent, though in the deep end Rd 1 vs Roosters is a tough gig....I'm happy enough either way, but p###ed with the same story each season with Tom's hamstrings....Tuipulotu and Saab maybe a sneaky option, but most likely play on the wings....I really, really hope it's not Garrick at FB - for goodness sake.
This.

It will be Funa, and I'd be ok with that as he certainly improves by the end of the year. I would like to see Koula given a shot from the get go as he is a speedster, even Weekes who I rate highly; however, that is not Desmond's style.

As long as it isn't Garrick or Walker. I have seen a lot of people mention Walker, but the times I have seen him play there (not many to be fair) he was horrible. He is a strike centre so lets keep him there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4