Fullback during origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who would you pick at fullback while Tom is out for origin?

• Total voters
Now that Blacktown players are eligible to be selected I wonder if Des can convince Brett Stewart to strap on the boots for a few weeks!
Kaeo Weekes has been selected as fullback over Dylan Smith for BSWE. Wonder if he is being groomed to deputise for Turbo during Origin?

The BSWE team is looking strong, esp. the back five - Weekes, Koula, Taufua, Funa & Simona.

Kaeo Weekes has been selected as fullback over Dylan Smith for BSWE. Wonder if he is being groomed to deputise for Turbo during Origin?

The BSWE team is looking strong, esp. the back five - Weekes, Koula, Taufua, Funa & Simona.
Interesting, thanks for sharing! That’d be exciting to see

My pick would be Harper .. of all the contenders he is the one who has grown the most in confidence, performance and stature .. and replaced easily in the centres by Walker or Suli ..
I like Harper for FB too, he would do the best job in attack and defence me thinks.

The BIG problem with that is losing the Saab/Harper combination on the right side, which has been great, both in attack and defence. Pairing Saab with either Suli or Walker would likely be a defensive disaster.
Garrick to FB disrupts the TEAM the least...and I guess that is why Des will choose him.

Garrick to FB disrupts the TEAM the least...and I guess that is why Des will choose him.
That is why i think it has to be Funa or Walker - less disruption...

In all likelihood, and given Des' known resistance to changing his mind on team selections, it will likely be Walker if he is available...

I like Harper for FB too, he would do the best job in attack and defence me thinks.

The BIG problem with that is losing the Saab/Harper combination on the right side, which has been great, both in attack and defence. Pairing Saab with either Suli or Walker would likely be a defensive disaster.

Our history shows that not having a good fullback sees our win odds go through the basement ... I think he will pick who he thinks will do the best job at fullback and bugger wing and centre ... we have 6or 7 capable fill in wingers and centres in Suli, Walker, Jorge, Funa, toopaloppou so those positions won't suffer ..

That is why i think it has to be Funa or Walker - less disruption...

In all likelihood, and given Des' known resistance to changing his mind on team selections, it will likely be Walker if he is available...
Walker is a defensive nightmare at FB, has no match fitness coming of another long injury break and has no cohesion with the current side the way they have grown. I could cop Funa at FB but Garrick has found form and confidence and is the obvious choice. Funa or Tippy Toes to Garrick's wing.
We also need to cover Jake and the least TEAM disruption the better. Walker to 14...MAYBE, but I don't see a spot for him at all in this TEAM.

I'd say it's more to do with NRL contracts than ability

Garrick to fullback for sure, with tippy toes to the wing.

I would prefer Funa not play fullback as he has very little game time this year and who knows where his confidence is at? Its such an important position and we cant afford for someone to be finding their feet there.

Conversely, Garrick's confidence must be high, his kick returns are ok and he has been solid under the high ball.

Walker is a defensive nightmare at FB, has no match fitness coming of another long injury break and has no cohesion with the current side the way they have grown. I could cop Funa at FB but Garrick has found form and confidence and is the obvious choice. Funa or Tippy Toes to Garrick's wing.
We also need to cover Jake and the least TEAM disruption the better. Walker to 14...MAYBE, but I don't see a spot for him at all in this TEAM.
Sorry who's tippy toes?

I was not saying that i thought Walkz SHOULD be 1...

Just that he probs WILL be...

Personally I thought Funa did an OK job at FB last year... certainly better than Walkz early this year...

My pick would be Harper .. of all the contenders he is the one who has grown the most in confidence, performance and stature .. and replaced easily in the centres by Walker or Suli ..
My only issue with taking Harper from right centre is defensively we will lose so much, Suli is such a lazy defender and without Harper's energy in defence we're likely to be heavily targeted down our right side, I don't mind Suli as a bench player but his ability to focus for eighty minutes leaves a lot to be desired

I was not saying that i thought Walkz SHOULD be 1...

Just that he probs WILL be...

Personally I thought Funa did an OK job at FB last year... certainly better than Walkz early this year...
sorry, but why probs be if he shouldn't be?
just trying to understand

any other positions to be filled by those that shouldn't be

sorry, but why probs be if he shouldn't be?
just trying to understand

any other positions to be filled by those that shouldn't be
Because Des played him there until he was injured and Des will be unlikely to change his mind when it will upset the team dynamic to do so...

Des proved last year that he is a pick-and-stick coach and I figure that means Walkz will be wearing the 1 again shortly... jmo...

My only issue with taking Harper from right centre is defensively we will lose so much, Suli is such a lazy defender and without Harper's energy in defence we're likely to be heavily targeted down our right side, I don't mind Suli as a bench player but his ability to focus for eighty minutes leaves a lot to be desired

Agree with all you say Ron ... but for mine it is a case of what we lose at centre .. compared to what we lose at Fullback without the best man there ..

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8