Fullback during origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who would you pick at fullback while Tom is out for origin?

• Total voters
I thought Saab looked a little lost at Fullback vs St George, but then again the team was a basket case then and would be better behind a stable table and that bit more NRL experience, but loving his input on the wing.
I reckon it will be Garrick, who will get go and he is playing good, reliable footy atm.
Preferred personal option would be to see Weekes or Koula get a shot.
Will be interesting....

He will go Walker. There is no point shifting players around that have built momentum in their current positions, plus he picked Walker the first four rounds, he won't go back on his strategy.

Personally, I'd love to see Koula get a crack in the team but I don't think starting at fullback is the way to introduce him.

01. James Tedesco
02. Josh Addo-Carr
03. Tom Trbojevic
04. Latrell Mitchell
05. Brian To'o
06. Jarome Luai
07. Nathan Cleary
08. Payne Haas
09. Api Koroisau
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Angus Crichton
12. Cameron Murray
13. Isaiah Yeo

14. Jack Wighton
15. Junior Paulo
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Nathan Brown

---------

Paps may not be ready and Wighton can cover every backline position.

01. James Tedesco
02. Josh Addo-Carr
03. Tom Trbojevic
04. Latrell Mitchell
05. Brian To'o
06. Jarome Luai
07. Nathan Cleary
08. Payne Haas
09. Api Koroisau
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Angus Crichton
12. Cameron Murray
13. Isaiah Yeo

14. Jack Wighton
15. Junior Paulo
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Nathan Brown

---------

Paps may not be ready and Wighton can cover every backline position.
Jake will be there, I'd bet my left 🥜 on it.

Has to be Garrick. Unless I'm wrong we only miss Tom for one game against the Raiders in Round 17 as we have the bye leading into Game one and Game two is a Sunday. My concern is that after each of the Wednesday Origins we back up on the Friday night. What's the chance of Tom missing at least one of those games, it's Titans and Dragons.

Whoever it is won't have Toms passing game or vision, hopefully Foz is back so Shoe can play two off the ruck on the left and offer that last pass Tom throws. And let's hope the Raiders are still imploding by then.

Has to be Garrick. Unless I'm wrong we only miss Tom for one game against the Raiders in Round 17 as we have the bye leading into Game one and Game two is a Sunday. My concern is that after each of the Wednesday Origins we back up on the Friday night. What's the chance of Tom missing at least one of those games, it's Titans and Dragons.

Whoever it is won't have Toms passing game or vision, hopefully Foz is back so Shoe can play two off the ruck on the left and offer that last pass Tom throws. And let's hope the Raiders are still imploding by then.
Yep one game that is all he will miss unless Des chooses to rest him for Cowboys game after Origin 1 as it is only 2 day turn around. But i reckon he plays that game and has an early shower after we put 30 on them

So really doesn't matter that much, it's 5 weeks away and a lot can happen in 5 weeks. If Walker is fit by then you know Des will pick him there. If not then I would go Funa personally

The number one target next season will be to recruit someone who could play fullback to cover Turbo when injuried or playing origin. I'm hoping Walker doesn't slot into fullback when turbo plays origin one.

Almost certainly Walker will slot into fullback when Turbo plays Origin One. The reason for this will be that doing this will cause less disruption to the backline. Walker for Turbo as a straight swap. I don't like it either but its the easiest way for Des to bring Walker into the seventeen. Our current centre/wing pairings are working very well, so I dont see those combinations being changed to facilitate Garrick, Harper or Saab into fullback. A left field option would be to play Lawton at fullback as he basically played all backline positions when he was a junior at the Bilambil Jets. No way this will happen but it would be an interesting experiment to try in the pre-season next year.

Almost certainly Walker will slot into fullback when Turbo plays Origin One. The reason for this will be that doing this will cause less disruption to the backline. Walker for Turbo as a straight swap. I don't like it either but its the easiest way for Des to bring Walker into the seventeen. Our current centre/wing pairings are working very well, so I dont see those combinations being changed to facilitate Garrick, Harper or Saab into fullback. A left field option would be to play Lawton at fullback as he basically played all backline positions when he was a junior at the Bilambil Jets. No way this will happen but it would be an interesting experiment to try in the pre-season next year.

Walker will play fullback if fit I'm sure of that like you said. I just find it amusing that Walker gets injuried turbo comes back and now Turbo plays origin and Walker slots back in. Hopefully both players can take the field at the same time.

T

The two day break around origin one and three maybe cancels Turbo out.
DA235C33-3374-49DE-BFA0-63B553BD6D56.jpeg

Tom is obviously irreplaceable with his chiming in to plays, his size, and very importantly. the doubt and sheer intimidation he causes. BUT, the biggest loss we will suffer when he is unavailable due to origin is his marshalling the troops from the back, both in attack and defence. Points are easier to score in the "new game"... but much harder to defend.

I have seen it posted here that this ability is a natural, not a learnable skill. I don't believe this to be true...but it may be a skill learnable by few.

Tom didn't have this skill "naturally". He has aquired it half way through last season or so. Snake has taught it to him.

I hope that whoever is going to be Tom's fill-in over SOO has shacked up with Snake for the last couple of months.

Unfortunately nobody else in our roster is a FB except Toula, and he has no FG experience, let alone at FB.

My guess is it will be Garrick.

Then there's the riddle of who Des will choose to replace him on the wing...Suli? Horhay? Tippy Toes? Walker?

Rueben Garrick to fullback and Christian Tuipulotu (or Koula), to the wing ... a good blooding against the Knigits who we should easily beat

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8