Freddy Fittler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
I only caught it briefly on dribble m today, and the subject got swamped immediately by another issue and wasn't discussed, probably Poor Kent over talking someone again, but it was mentioned that Freddy would be interested in NRL coaching again.
Pretty sure he wouldn't do this for some years as he's caught up in origin so it's probably hypothetical, but if he was available I'd like to see us have a crack at getting him.
He would be totally different to his rorters coaching days and seems to really connect with the players.
I know he's not Manly pedigree but I'd back him to be better than what we have and would probably attract some players of quality.
Doubtful we would get it done but just chucking it out there.

I only caught it briefly on dribble m today, and the subject got swamped immediately by another issue and wasn't discussed, probably Poor Kent over talking someone again, but it was mentioned that Freddy would be interested in NRL coaching again.
Pretty sure he wouldn't do this for some years as he's caught up in origin so it's probably hypothetical, but if he was available I'd like to see us have a crack at getting him.
He would be totally different to his rorters coaching days and seems to really connect with the players.
I know he's not Manly pedigree but I'd back him to be better than what we have and would probably attract some players of quality.

No

Good interview on the Matty Johns show tonight. Said he wouldn't close it out (the club coaching), but is pretty happy with where he's at in life. I'd give him a crack for sure.

What has Freddy done as a NRL coach with a strong club like the Roosters ? He left them after 3 years with a wooden spoon and a 43% win record
I say fck Fittler .
You do realise that it takes time for a career to build, right? Even Des took a few years to get going and still left the Bulldogs in horse **** just last year.

Let Freddie continue with NSW and try to build a dynasty. We need a coach who understands and our values and culture!!
I agree but we had one and sacked him.
I can't think of any others.
Maybe Cleary.
But what is our values and culture now anyway?
We know what they are from days not so long in the past but what are they under this regime.
On that score it all has to be rebuilt.
I'd like to see a consortium of Manly type people headed up by Max or that URM bloke but that's like the impossible dream at the present.

I like Fittler, but I think he has found the role that suits him best

He can bring a rep team together, relax them and prime them for 3 big games.......I don;t think his skill set transfers to the grind of an NRL campaign

We already have a coach who connects with the players. We need one who the players respect as oppose to like. Freddy should have smashed QLD in the last game with the side he had and their massive amount of outs.

Freddy couldn't coach an under sevens side,in SOO he was the spiritual leader,Johns,Buderus,Alexander probably set the plays.
Freddy at the Rorters wanted to be their drinking buddy and it seems he is a f#ckwit on the piss.
He is not a coaches bumhole.

Disagree

World Cup last year, Lebanon were a couple of poor refereeing decisions away from beating Tonga in the quarter finals, and they also held Australia to 8-0 or 10-0 in the first half of their group match, and had Moses and Farah firing as a halves combination. He can coach

We already have a coach who connects with the players. We need one who the players respect as oppose to like. Freddy should have smashed QLD in the last game with the side he had and their massive amount of outs.
Trent's connection with the players depends who you listen to.
Publicly players say yes but there has been talk that isn't the case with some.

You do realise that it takes time for a career to build, right? Even Des took a few years to get going and still left the Bulldogs in horse **** just last year.
Hasler never won a wooden spoon . You do realise this don't you ?

Fittler is like Mal Meninga, one of those coaches who is more suited to representative coaching than they are club coaching.

In rep footy they generally have the best players who are also already fit and don't need to be taught, they just need to be brought together as a group to work on things like combinations. At club level, no club ever, or rarely, runs out on the field with their top team each week especially over an entire season. There are always reserve grade level fill-ins thanks to injuries, suspension and Origin.

Fittler has coached and won one Origin series and everyone is going ga-ga. Remember, Laurie Daley won his first series as well......

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6