Foran to sign with Eels - announcement imminent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Foran, want him to stay and hope he will. But put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself, why should he stay at Manly? He's always said it's not about money and I believe him, so it won't matter how much cash we throw at him. So what have we got to offer besides a convenient location and "lifestyle"?
He's 24 and already achieved pretty much everything there is to achieve in the game of rugby league. Maybe he wants a change, a "new challenge" - new people, new faces. It could be as simple as that.
And yeah, it's easy to say he should stay loyal, but stay loyal to what? The other players? The club management? The fans? The "Manly" ideal? Maybe he once thought that loyalty went both ways at Manly - that for all the talk about rugby league being a business things were different at Manly. But then the Gifty fiasco happened and it was pretty obvious that things weren't different at Manly.
Cherry going to the Gold Coke Titans puts even more pressure on Foran to make a decision, and to make it soon. So - serious question - why should he stay?

If he is after a challenge, then sticking around to rebuild and bring the new talent through, before going onto to another premiership down the track, would be more satisfying than blowing into town at some other club with an established roster and winning a competition of their coattails in a foreign jumper that means nothing to him.

The biggest challenge he could place on himself would be to stay and do the job that was done for him by the other senior boys when he first came to grade.

Now that DCE is gone, we should be able to trump their offer, they've got a pretty tight cap.
Totally agree with what you're saying Snake but I hope the club remains a little cautious about throwing bucket loads of cash at players who jerk us around.

Kieran is a champ but benefitted from arriving in first grade to play with a bunch of blokes who had tough years and worked to get manly back on top. Now we need him to be one of those blokes. If he goes I will be disappointed.

Kieran is a champ but benefitted from arriving in first grade to play with a bunch of blokes who had tough years and worked to get manly back on top. Now we need him to be one of those blokes. If he goes I will be disappointed.

But not so detrimental to our club. Save the millions, spread it out a little, and acquire assets, especially in the forwards.Long term, it may in fact benefit us NOT to pay millions to one player.

I hope we lose him

I really do

Get where your coming from. From my perspective, I hope we keep him, but I also hope we don't throw the kitchen sink at him.

Like I say, look at the list of players available. I honestly feel Elgey & Lyon would be a better halves pairing, and would cost the club around 2 million dollar less in salary a year which could go to 4 blue chip forwards, like T Burgess & others.

Would just balance us out so much better.

Elgey will turn into the next Cooper Cronk imo.

I hope we lose him

I really do
I don't want him to stay either, he's had 5 great years leanring the ropes from some great players in a great team, tasted grand final games and a win.
But now, when the club will needs him the most, when we need a glue to keep this team together in a time of need,he may feel that Parra and the mighty Dalai Arthur can further his career,he's vacillating as to whether he'll stay or go, in my opinion he can f#$k off, that's loyalty for you.
Maybe he should have a word to Beaver about loyalty.

I don't want him to stay either, he's had 5 great years leanring the ropes from some great players in a great team, tasted grand final games and a win.
But now, when the club will needs him the most, when we need a glue to keep this team together in a time of need,he may feel that Parra and the mighty Dalai Arthur can further his career,he's vacillating as to whether he'll stay or go, in my opinion he can f#$k off, that's loyalty for you.
Maybe he should have a word to Beaver about loyalty.

Pete, you and I are Boomers mate, loyalty means a lot to us but **** to these Gen Y's.

To be honest I'm not far from being totally over the whole game.

I could go on, and on, and on about how it's changed for the worst , and now we have the latest , the NRL stepping in and not only supporting a failing club but actively poaching star players and getting 3rd party deals to attract them there.

There needs to be MORE than an investigation!!

Pete, you and I are Boomers mate, loyalty means a lot to us but **** to these Gen Y's.

I could go on, and on, and on about how it's changed for the worst , and now we have the latest , the NRL stepping in and not only supporting a failing club but actively poaching star players and getting 3rd party deals to attract them there.

You carry on like they are the first rugby league players to switch sides.
Its happened since the beginning of all sports & there will always be one club men also.
Are you going to tell me ,when you were a young bloke you wouldn't of quit a job if a competitor offered you twice as much pay...Come on !!
Don't get me wrong ,I don't totally condone it,
I believe the way DCE went about it was wrong .
And I have always thought he was a two faced swarmy little pr*ck in interviews.

Last edited:

Objection your honour!

I'm gen y (30) and incredibly loyal.

You carry on like they are the first rugby league players to switch sides.
Its happened since the beginning of all sports & there will always be one club men also.
Are you going to tell me ,when you were a young bloke you wouldn't of quit a job if a competitor offered you twice as much pay...Come on !!

In our day mate you probably worked for the same company all your life and once you had a job you never thought anywhere else could be better.

It was a different world in the 60's and 70's.

Let's just appreciate that due to our age we have different opinions about things and celebrate that we can!!

In our day mate you probably worked for the same company all your life and once you had a job you never thought anywhere else could be better.

It was a different world in the 60's and 70's.

Let's just appreciate that due to our age we have different opinions about things and celebrate that we can!!
But hypothetically -Would you not of considered doubling your wage doing the same job if offered ??

I call this.....Mark :squaredvs: gen y'ers.....

ejfdhc8.gif

I heard Hooper? on Triple M today say that Manly's having a meeting with Foz early this week to offer him even more than previously (though the decision by Foz is not all about $$) and try to give him what he wants and persuade him to stay.
Although he's supposedly going to the Eels, it suggests he hasn't signed anywhere yet and is still making up his mind as speculated. There's a glimmer of hope yet.
We also need to tell him that we have signed the Burgess twins and brother Sam as well so he knows that he will have a forward pack in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6