Foran to sign with Eels - announcement imminent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking could the hold up be that he wants a clause in the Parra contract stating he will be released if Arthur is no longer the coach.
It's been done before.

What if Arthur wants a clause in his Manly contract stating he will be released if Foran is not on the player roster ?

I can see an East/West Germany or North/South Korean prisoner exchange afoot.

Keep your dumb politics off this site brother. If I want garbage comments like that I'll go to fox news or the telecrap.
I second that motion, football has nothing to do with politics so let's just leave that crap where it belongs

It is the reason that a deadline was put on DCE and not Foz, it is very clear that Foz is wavering about what to do and hopefully he will see that one of the protagonists of all the unrest is leaving and things might settle down now. I dont want him to leave the club but if thats what he wants we just need to know quite soon.

The endless speculation has really messed up our pre-season and is now affecting the team. Once it is announced either way things can start to settle and the club can focus on the task ahead.

What if Arthur wants a clause in his Manly contract stating he will be released if Foran is not on the player roster ?

I can see an East/West Germany or North/South Korean prisoner exchange afoot.

Could be either or both ways, contracts aren't as straight forward anymore.

I heard Hooper? on Triple M today say that Manly's having a meeting with Foz early this week to offer him even more than previously (though the decision by Foz is not all about $$) and try to give him what he wants and persuade him to stay.
Although he's supposedly going to the Eels, it suggests he hasn't signed anywhere yet and is still making up his mind as speculated. There's a glimmer of hope yet.

Arthur probably said something like " there is always a spot for you in my team, just call.

Arthur probably said something like " there is always a spot for you in my team, just call.
Cherry is better individually Foran is in everything. The hidden value of a player is how much they get out of their team mates. Foran seems to be like a bloke who doesn't look after just himself he gets the best out of his team mates as well. He would be the bloke talking everyone else up all the time.

We developed and nurtured him in to a superstar side which has played finals footy all of his 6 years in first grade including a premiership at 21 years old. What about some loyalty and taking in the new generation under his wing.

Never has one player in this great club been in such a position, he holds all the aces and can screw us for every last cent in the cap.

We developed and nurtured him in to a superstar side which has played finals footy all of his 6 years in first grade including a premiership at 21 years old. What about some loyalty and taking in the new generation under his wing.

Never has one player in this great club been in such a position, he holds all the aces and can screw us for every last cent in the cap.

This is a great point Jimmy.

I respect Foran's right to be disappointed in the way certain things have been handled (Gifty's contract for example), but the "old boys club" was always going to be ripped apart sooner or later. It's Foran's turn to lead this club into a new era. He is no longer the young pup with the senior group taking him under their wing, he is a senior player and it's his turn to play the role that was played by Lyon, Matai, Kingy, Kitey and co. when he first came to grade.

If Foran stays, and we land him a ready replacement like Pearce, Maloney, Elgey etc etc etc, I really don't see the roster slipping too much. Heck, as a new key playmaker, Tooves could stamp his own brand of footy into the team, and bring something new.

I'm really not that sure losing DCE was all that bad, especially when it means we can strengthen 3/4 other positions as well.

If Foran stays, and we land him a ready replacement like Pearce, Maloney, Elgey etc etc etc, I really don't see the roster slipping too much. Heck, as a new key playmaker, Tooves could stamp his own brand of footy into the team, and bring something new.

I'm really not that sure losing DCE was all that bad, especially when it means we can strengthen 3/4 other positions as well.

Totally agree Ryan, hence my post on Foz holding all the aces, we could develop with minimal disruption.

Yeah!, hey??

What time is it? Wait here...I've just got to see a bloke about a dog. Be back in a minute........

Lol this reporting on foz telling a mate. Maybe someone has been trolling this forum and thinks ryan is foz's mate haha. They did have coffee together didn't they hahahahaha

With no disrespect to the players mentioned I always thought when we fielded a team with Watmough and Matai we were playing with full mongrel. With just Matai it's half mongrel. On Friday night, no Choc, no Skivvy, even with Big Willie, we looked a bit impotent.
My opinion losing Choc (and Gift) has reduced our ability to intimidate.

With no disrespect to the players mentioned I always thought when we fielded a team with Watmough and Matai we were playing with full mongrel. With just Matai it's half mongrel. On Friday night, no Choc, no Skivvy, even with Big Willie, we looked a bit impotent.
My opinion losing Choc (and Gift) has reduced our ability to intimidate.
Absolutely, and that was my biggest disappointment when the team started to disintegrate. We were always a team the opposition feared because we'd be ready for a rumble in the jungle. Kingy, Choc, Gifty and Matai always took it to the opposition....three of the four are gone now. Lawrence, Starling, Buhrer, Symonds, Leary, and Hasson are all fairies and Mason is too slow now at 35, that the opposition see him coming a mile away. Lui and JSL are about our only aggressive types in the pack. I don't mind losing a match here and there, but when our forwards get bashed up like last night, my ego bruises and it's embarrassing.

I'm hearing Sika Manu is on the outer at Penrith due to the Merrin deal, and we could do worse than to buy him. He is a psycho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6