Footy Nightmare Confession!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MrInvisible said:
A friendly wager my Manly friends.

IF the Dogs win the Grand Final this year, I will close my account here. Totally serious.

Chips are down. :) Hows that for confidence?

So now its "IF" the Dogs win the Grand Final, seems to be some doubt creeping in.

MrInvisible said:

IF the Dogs win the Grand Final this year, I will close my account here. Totally serious.

Thanks Des, please do that.

Normally in deciding who to support when Manly's out, I would start with something along the lines of "hmmm, a Super League scum, salary cap cheating team versus a Super Lea...". No joy there.

Although it leaves a sour taste, I'll be supporting the Storm. I have met a few of their supporters, and they generally come across as a fairly friendly bunch who love their league. Thats the deciding factor for me.

Either way, for a referee blunder to decide it would be brilliant.

Although I was just chasing up some blokes who played in our cricket side last year to see if they were going round again. One of them had a friendly dig about Friday and I was able to respond with "who gives a rats, its cricket season now". Amazingly cathartic.

Kiwi Eagle said:
MrInvisible said:

Or I could close it for you now :)

That would be great. Please do it

I think the dogs will b happy with their year even if they lose (and they should b too) so I would rather Storm lose so Bellamy, Slater and Smith still have zero premierships, whether they acknowledge it or not. We can't have both sides feeling like winners.

Not that I will b watching. My worst nightmare too.

1 - Sea Eagles dont make the GF
2 - Sea Eagles fail miserably handing the QF game on a silver platter to the Cheats
3 - The Cheats make the GF
4 - Take down my flags, put away my MWSE jerseys and apparel absolutely gutted after a dismal performance
5 - Dogs make the GF

What a terrible game, terrible contest, terrible result in that, our QF game where we needed to play one of our best, but player our worst in years.

Anyone but the stinkin' cheatin' mexican storm, so go the Dogs now in a much less interesting GF.

Bleh.

My pick would be Bane..... but failing that I feel sick saying it but Doggies not Storm.

I can not stand the thought of all the Management coaches and players for the Storm smuggly pointing to this premiership and hanging their hat on that to claim the ones they do not deserve.

That hurts more than Des winning again with the same structure, brilliant fullback new halves and large ball playing forwards, he built here. Sure Doggies fans will be foul to deal with but Storm fans will be worse.

Even watching Croker trying the same illegal "softening up" for Souths reminds me of 07.... I can't cheer for the Storm the issues are more engrained.

I'm hoping for a hollow Storm victory resulting from a video ref blunder.

Storm winning is far more tolerable than Bulldogs in my opinion. They are a soulless team with a minuscule fan base, so winning the premiership is of little consequence. The only bad thing is the "big 3" getting a premiership they don't deserve. It's far more tolerable than the gloating of Bulldogs supporters and Des winning a premiership after stabbing us in the back. We will never hear the end of it.

On the bright side though... one of these two teams will lose a grand final this weekend.

Actually, as much as I am STILL disappointed that Dessie left us (thanks to the board or whomever!!), I will cheer for him as he has showed why is the best coach in the NRL this year and probably for past 4/5 years.

In saying that, let me say this..............hate both these teams but the dish lickers more!!! To go from busted one year with virutally the same roster to GF's the next says a lot about the players to me.

Hopefully the 2000's "lose one to win comes true"!!

GO MANLY 2013

marooned said:
I'm hoping for a hollow Storm victory resulting from a video ref blunder.

Storm winning is far more tolerable than Bulldogs in my opinion. They are a soulless team with a minuscule fan base, so winning the premiership is of little consequence. The only bad thing is the "big 3" getting a premiership they don't deserve. It's far more tolerable than the gloating of Bulldogs supporters and Des winning a premiership after stabbing us in the back. We will never hear the end of it.

On the bright side though... one of these two teams will lose a grand final this weekend.

and don't forget that a loss for the Flea Beagles would also help to wipe that smug grin off of Greenturd's face too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6