Fletcher Myers (young fullback/centre)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be in our top 30? At 18 is he like THE superstar in that age group? Unless someone has stolen Weekes from us, we already had a youngster being developed in those spots.

I only seen today the media seems to have both Tex hoy and Phoenix Crossland are staying. Going after their next younster in that fullback position might be trying to shake one of the older ones free too.

Last edited:
To be in our top 30? At 18 is he like THE superstar in that age group? Unless someone has stolen Weekes from us, we already had a youngster being developed in those spots.

I only seen today the media seems to have both Tex hoy and Phoenix Crossland are staying. Going after their next younster in that fullback position might be trying to shake one of the older ones free too.
Weekes is not in the same class.

Think he is actually a centre more than fullback.
Funny people saying how players now want to come to Manly,I would hazard a guess it is more that he was going to play Flegg next year with Knights and we have offered him a spot in the 30 or development contract more than anything(money/opportunity talks...)

Think he is actually a centre more than fullback.
Funny people saying how players now want to come to Manly,I would hazard a guess it is more that he was going to play Flegg next year with Knights and we have offered him a spot in the 30 or development contract more than anything(money/opportunity talks...)
any idea if that [ apparently ] very promising junior[ just recall his surname - Close , centre , outside back [ from nth N S W ] , pre season move to Manly juniors actually eventuated ? Club seemed keen to get him and his father seemed very enthusiastic in him joining . Just did not hear much of him in the Manly juniors and just wonder if he actually made the move

any idea if that [ apparently ] very promising junior[ just recall his surname - Close , centre , outside back [ from nth N S W ] , pre season move to Manly juniors actually eventuated ? Club seemed keen to get him and his father seemed very enthusiastic in him joining . Just did not hear much of him in the Manly juniors and just wonder if he actually made the move
Don't know if he made the move or not Al,was not named or played in any games for us last year.

Don't know if he made the move or not Al,was not named or played in any games for us last year.
MANLY POACHES YOUNG GUN FROM STORM

Manly has pinched one of the best young centre prospects in the game from the Storm, signing him to a four-year deal.

Cayden Close is only 15 but was in hot demand after winning the Coffs Harbour Comets Best & Fairest award last season.

A member of the NSW & Australian under 16s touch sides, he has lightning feet and after scoring six tries in a game against Group 19 early last year, had seven clubs on his trail.

Also a star sprinter, he settled on Manly after some sweet talking from Sea Eagles recruitment boss Noel Cleal and will definitely be one to watch in coming years.

The youngster will move to Sydney next season, where he has a full scholarship with St Joseph's College in Hunters Hill.

Moylan saves Sharks career with raw admission

Also a news item and story on the kid here:

MANLY POACHES YOUNG GUN FROM STORM

Manly has pinched one of the best young centre prospects in the game from the Storm, signing him to a four-year deal.

Cayden Close is only 15 but was in hot demand after winning the Coffs Harbour Comets Best & Fairest award last season.

A member of the NSW & Australian under 16s touch sides, he has lightning feet and after scoring six tries in a game against Group 19 early last year, had seven clubs on his trail.

Also a star sprinter, he settled on Manly after some sweet talking from Sea Eagles recruitment boss Noel Cleal and will definitely be one to watch in coming years.

The youngster will move to Sydney next season, where he has a full scholarship with St Joseph's College in Hunters Hill.

Moylan saves Sharks career with raw admission

Also a news item and story on the kid here:
Yep,that was all posted here earlier,just responding to Als' query on whether he actually made the move down or not.No info since then unless someone knows whether he is currently attending the school.
Probably see him in the Matthews side next year.....

Physically he looks a little more ready to play seniors than I was expecting given he is 18. If he is as good as some say, he could be a real chance.
yep agreed - he is one built young man - will be interesting to see him get some game time in the trials - keen to see him and Koula as well as Tippytoes. Add in Davey given I think he has some old fashioned grit that we need in the forwards.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4