Finals thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Haven't seen a lot of Canberra this year - gotta be honest, I think next week's game will be a borefest of wrestle/grapple/walk 3 metres off the mark at every play the ball. There's been a lot of purple scum style rubbish in the ruck tonight.
Unfortunately it's a proven formula that gets results, and until the peanuts with whistles start to actually enforce the rules on it, wrestling will continue to be a blight on the game.

Currently they'll happily let most of it go, and if they DO crack down on it, invariably certain teams are allowed a heck of a lot more freedom than others..

F*cking NRL..

Unfortunately it's a proven formula that gets results, and until the peanuts with whistles start to actually enforce the rules on it, wrestling will continue to be a blight on the game.

Currently they'll happily let most of it go, and if they DO crack down on it, invariably certain teams are allowed a heck of a lot more freedom than others..

F*cking NRL..

It's as boring as bat **** though!!!

As long as the Cowboys don't make the GF I'll be happy - can't stand them. Canberra did everything they could to throw that game away - trying to score of every play when they just needed to settle things down. If they play like that next week Melbourne will kill them.

I would like a Raiders v Sharks GF with Raiders winning; although, I think it will be a Storm v Sharks final.

The bunker aren't taking a lot of time checking over the raiders tries. The rapana one I'm sure the ref said check the onside and all they did was check the grounding. That croker one it looked like enough doubt over control after he planted it on the leg to warrant a couple of looks at least.
I think they start checking before the TV coverage shows the replays so it looks like they aren't checking stuff when really they're finished already.

What makes it worse is the NRL periodically announcing 'crackdowns' on this stuff - which lasts for all of 5 minutes. So they've drawn attention to it, now let it creep back in and ruin the game again. Two big ones tonight were 'turtling' the tackled player (wrestling him onto his back after all momentum is stopped and held has/should've been called) and the walking off the mark - that was obvious enough that even the Nein commentators mentioned players 'pinching' an extra 3 or 4 metres, and at least once 'he shouldve been made to walk back and play it on the mark'

I have said for about the past 6 months or so it will be a Sharks vs Storm GF( the NRL will want the feel good story)

Cannot believe I am saying this but if the Sharks think the other Sydney teams will get behind them they have another thing coming.

I will be supporting any of the remaining teams but the Sharks ( I could handle the storm , raiders or cowboys winning)

PF Predictions

Sharks 22-Cowboys 16 with JT again leaving with nightmares of the SFS , they have not won a final at the SFS for 11 years.

Storm 32-raiders 8

Grand final
Storm 34- sharks 20 .. Ennis gets the best send off he deserves, winless:):)

I hate the thought of the Cowboys being the first team to go back to back in the NRL era, and the Storm have already won way too many premierships with the nucleus of a cap rorting team. So I'd prefer the Raiders to win but could also stomach the Sharks doing it.

I have said for about the past 6 months or so it will be a Sharks vs Storm GF( the NRL will want the feel good story)

Cannot believe I am saying this but if the Sharks think the other Sydney teams will get behind them they have another thing coming.

I will be supporting any of the remaining teams but the Sharks ( I could handle the storm , raiders or cowboys winning)

PF Predictions

Sharks 22-Cowboys 16 with JT again leaving with nightmares of the SFS , they have not won a final at the SFS for 11 years.

Storm 32-raiders 8

Grand final
Storm 34- sharks 20 .. Ennis gets the best send off he deserves, winless:):)
living in qld make one think the other way,i just support any team that's not qld but only in the moment,as soon as we play its only eyes for the mighty eagles:inlove:

How could anyone want to see that purple grub team win it. Their disgusting wrestling, grappling, neck twisting tackles make me sick to watch it. Someone ask Lowe what he thinks of it and not a peep from the NRL about these grubby tactics. Bellamy and Smith are a blight on the game and their filth needs to be wiped clean.

Look, well done to Canberra for winning....but seriously they should re-name that club the Bandwagoners.

Where have these fans with their so-called 'Viking Clap' been for the past 20 years? At Brumbies games maybe? I have never seen a professional sports team with a bigger bunch of fair weather fans as the Canberra Raiders. And the worst part is that the media is giving them press like they are the greatest bunch of supporters in Australia.

They might want the neutral supporters to throw in & help buy another pallet load of light bulbs for that porch light. It's gone through a few since 1967.
BTW,
Remember the Tarpaulin musters at the local footy?

The funniest thing about Sydney clubs being **** the past two seasons is the Queenslanders taunting NSW thinking we give a **** if a Sydney club wins it. I don't understand how they haven't realised yet that most Sydney clubs hate each other and would never support another when their team is eliminated.

Up up the Cowboys
Sharks ,Sydney won't support you
Up up the Cowboys
At least they are a clean team
Never will I ever support
A team like you
Up the Cowboys.

( my remake of sharks theme song)

Any one but the Sharks for me this year. That club has so many grubs and just can't stand its culture.

Last edited:
Up up the Cowboys
Sharks ,Sydney won't support you
Up up the Cowboys
At least they are a clean team
Never will I ever support
A team like you
Up the Cowboys.

( my remake of sharks theme song)

Any one but the Sharks for me this year. That club has so many grubs and just can't stand its culture.

Is this Ennis's last chance or is he going around again in 2017?

Gee I'd really like someone to lose their **** and flatten him, but guess with the sin bin rule no one will do that.

Except maybe if it's the GF, 5 mins to go, whomever is playing the Sharks leads by 28-4, and one of their big forwards says " enough is enough " goes into a scrum, throws an uppercut and knocks the prick out!!

Now that would really make my day, a Sharks choke and an unconscious Michael Ennis carted off with 5 to go!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10