Finals countdown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Doing the Finals calculator has confirmed my worst suspicions.

Of the sides outside the eight, the one we must most fear getting on a run and taking our spot is the Eels. It is not yet beyond them and the Knights played them into form last weekend.

Beating them at Parramatta Stadium in 2 1/2 week's time is mission critical but we haven't got a recent history of doing well there.

I suspect you will need 30 points to make the eight this year because the Bunnies have given up so many cheap points.

We have a bye so we need 4 wins to make sure of it.

Games you'd think we SHOULD win:

Bunnies (H)
Bunnies (A)
Panthers (H)

Drop any of these games and we can kiss finals goodbye.

Which means we have to pull off one of the following:

Eels (A)
Knights (A)
Bulldogs (H)
Storm (A)

We have a poor recent record against all of those teams, particularly at those away venues. Heaven help us if our final round assignment is winning at Olympic Park to secure a finals spot!

It also looks likely from what others have tipped that we may end up with the same amount of points as other sides at the bottom of the 8. This means our for-and-against is going to be crucial - WE NEED TO SMASH THE BUNNIES X2!!! :twisted:

If we play up to our best there is every possibility we can beat the dogs at home, knights and parra away.

That will put us on 34.

Clon, as a Carlton tragic I expect a bit more hard world realism from you:

When was the last time we beat the Knights in Newcastle? They beat us at Brookvale and in recent years we have been flogged up there.

The Bulldogs have won handsomly at Brookvale in recent years. They are a different side to the one we thrashed early in the year. Their big guns are back and they are firing. I intend to be at Brookvale that day to fire up the dull yuppies on the Hill as I have done on the past.

Have you forgotten the fearful thrashing the Eels gave us in the semi final last year? When did we last win out there?

What odds would you give me on us losing one of those three?

Bulldogs have the wood on us at Brookie and by the time we play them which is the 2nd last week they will be in finals mode.

It will be a good test of what chances we have I guess.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4