Fight for Brookie Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good stuff doing the survey everyone.

Now what we need its people to go into the online discussion forum and leave some comments there and DISAGREE with everything Accent says and Kevin and Julie, who live opposite the Arko stand.

http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/topic/what-are-your-thoughts-on-funding-options-to-provide-ongoing-renewal-costs

http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/brookvalepark

There is a lot of background and info regarding the whole process and proposed outcome on the council site.

It makes for interesting reading as do many of the comments on the various forums.

It is well worth reading nd, if you feel strongly enough about the club staying at Brooky, logging on to post your thoughts (The local "Nay" sayers are certainly making their thoughts heard?)

This is still a very important part of the whole process and really needs our input please people?

A great way to support the club in the off season!

For what it's worth I've added my little spiel..I figure every bit helps.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Didn't we go through all this a year or two ago? There was an extended on-line community feedback process. Was that all put into the bin?

No It wasn't put in the bin. That was about what the community wants. We now know (in spite of the people on the new forum are saying) that the community wants Brookvale Oval to remain a regional sporting ground. This new round of consulatation is about "how do we fund it"

It has been found the development option (you know, the housing etc) will not raise the required money, so we are back to square one, which is why we are going through more consultation. It is really important all Manly fans get on there and approve all the suggestions for raising the money. It will probably take a mix of options unless we can get the State Trust idea up and running, but the State Government is showing zero interest in this so far. Also, fill out the submission form which is online too.

Wolfpack said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Didn't we go through all this a year or two ago? There was an extended on-line community feedback process. Was that all put into the bin?

Yeah, I recall the Coucil doing almost the same thing a few years a go. There were a lot of us at that Breakfast at Brookie & it was a very pro-Manly crowd there that day.

I guess they didn't get the results they were looking for & felt the need to run it again.

No. Now the council can say the majority of Warringah residents want the facility to be a regional sporting ground thanks to the first round. Now we need to have input on how it can be paid for. It is really important that you take part!

I live in SE Qld and had great pleasure asking that the rates rise to cover the cost and that they divert funds from other projects to Brookie! hahahaha Matabele have to agree that was so much fun! Normally it's other people coming up with ideas that I get done over to pay for!!! Sent off a couple of emails stating my interest in the Club and how it MUST be upgraded and now will go onto the online forum and offer my opinions there!! This is a great way to spend the off season. Was getting a little bored there for a while but now I can do my bit to help the Manly Club, stir the pot a bit AND take my mind off the mind numbing wait until Manly start playing and notching up the wins and eventually win the Premiership in 2012 and hopefully bring it home to the huge new custom built trophy room that I am going to go and push for in the forum!

Craigm said:
I know a lot of people are totally over the consultation for Brookie Oval that just seems to go on and on, but now is not the time for Sea Eagles fans to fall asleep at the wheel.

The noisy (few) local residents certainly have kept up there campaign, meaning the only message being heard right now is one of total opposition.

At the Brekkie at Brookie on Saturday there were only about 25 people, but 70% of them identified themselves as local residents.

Warringah Councils current online forum is also being dominated by the residents with Manly fans seriously conspicuous by their absence.

The almost complete lack of engagement by Manly fans had meant the debate is being shifted from who will pay for the upgrade (ie State Govt by state sports trust idea or Council via development and rate rise) back to the question of whether there should be any upgrade at all or whether the private, commercial entity that is the sea Eagles should be driven out of Brookvale so the place can be turned into parkland.

We can't afford to let things go backwards like ths. All Silvertails members (excluding bulldogs trolls) need to get on the online forum and drown out the noisy residents. Get on, have your say and make sure you Agree with the pro Sea Eagles comments and Disagree with the negative comments.

Www.yoursaywarringah.com.au/securingbrookvalesfuture

Everyone should read Mayor Regan's column in the Manly Daily today. He is basically pleading for everyone to get on board and support the case for a State Trust. Also, it is important to agree with all other types of possible funding...rate rise, rezoning of land for development, government grants. The council needs to be able to say the consultation clearly showed that the people are very passionate about Brookvale Oval remaining a regional sporting facility and Home of the Sea Eagles in order to get any money from any source. Please go the site above and state your case! The Sea Eagles lease runs out in 2 years. If this is not all well underway by then we may very well lose them to a venue that can cater for them.

This is from the council's website in relation to Brookie...

"If Council does nothing the Oval facilities will deteriorate and be unsuitable for professional use. Eventually, the Sea Eagles would have to relocate to another Oval that is better able to meet their needs in the long term."

They will not be able to do anything if they do not get enough feedback form Manly fans stating that they want the upgrade to be funded by any option, with preference of a State Trust. Keep in mind the State govt is showing NO INTEREST in that idea so there has to be other options approved by the community. Don't let the rugby league haters win this one!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4