Fight for Brookie Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Craigm

I know a lot of people are totally over the consultation for Brookie Oval that just seems to go on and on, but now is not the time for Sea Eagles fans to fall asleep at the wheel.

The noisy (few) local residents certainly have kept up there campaign, meaning the only message being heard right now is one of total opposition.

At the Brekkie at Brookie on Saturday there were only about 25 people, but 70% of them identified themselves as local residents.

Warringah Councils current online forum is also being dominated by the residents with Manly fans seriously conspicuous by their absence.

The almost complete lack of engagement by Manly fans had meant the debate is being shifted from who will pay for the upgrade (ie State Govt by state sports trust idea or Council via development and rate rise) back to the question of whether there should be any upgrade at all or whether the private, commercial entity that is the sea Eagles should be driven out of Brookvale so the place can be turned into parkland.

We can't afford to let things go backwards like ths. All Silvertails members (excluding bulldogs trolls) need to get on the online forum and drown out the noisy residents. Get on, have your say and make sure you Agree with the pro Sea Eagles comments and Disagree with the negative comments.

Www.yoursaywarringah.com.au/securingbrookvalesfuture

Nah, I want the club relocated to a ground with decent facilities. Preferably in South East Queensland.

Have just completed the survey, took less than 5 minutes. Thanks for the headsup that action is necessary NOW.

Didn't we go through all this a year or two ago? There was an extended on-line community feedback process. Was that all put into the bin?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Didn't we go through all this a year or two ago? There was an extended on-line community feedback process. Was that all put into the bin?

Yeah, I recall the Coucil doing almost the same thing a few years a go. There were a lot of us at that Breakfast at Brookie & it was a very pro-Manly crowd there that day.

I guess they didn't get the results they were looking for & felt the need to run it again.

Without the State & Federal governments getting involved with significant funding the redevelopment is on a road to nowhere. Warringah council will work shop the idea to death... My local council is Hornsby & they are similar, good at creating f**k ups & bringing in special levies for council mistakes but not very productive anywhere else.

The state trust is our best bet, we really need Warringah to go to the state government with a plan for the upgrade & the trust idea.

Constant consultation is achieving nothing, we know there are 2 sides to the story the immediate local residents are always going to be against a redevelopment. Manly fans are going to be for it.....

it's an endless cycle of talk

Council could divert resources from other areas eg. libraries, aged services, road maintenance etc.

Why don't they just throw in orphanages, homeless shelters, and hospitals..lol.

Sorry but the questions are so slanted it's funny.

Survey completed, how much of the funds already allocated have been wasted on thsi endless cycle of talk feast?

Berkeley_Eagle, here is what I could find about the imminent development at Brookie.
I have not seen any works commenced at Brookie yet, but in response to some enquiries, I thought that this may clarify the timeline.

These are the link is for the Brookvale Oval Revitalization Stage 4 ( continuation of DA2011/0544):

• 28 March, 2011 Smith & Tzannes is a Sydney based architecture and urban planning practice
http://www.s-tz.com.au/journal/item/29-brookvale-oval-stage-4
• This has drawings for those that can understand them
http://www.s-tz.com.au/projects/civic/item/57-brookvale

• 8 June , 2011 (Excerpt from Council Meeting Minutes)
• Brookvale Oval DA2011/0544: MR reported that the works to be completed under Stage 4 of the continuing Brookvale Oval Revitalisation project (extension and upgrade of Jane Try
• Stand, new concourse seating, replacement toilets and kiosk etc) require DA approval and hence DA2011/0544 was submitted to Council on 27 April 2011 and is currently being assessed.
• 6.2 DA2011/0544 Plans considered: MR presented the detailed plans for the works as per the DA and these plans were considered by the BPCC. No concerns or objections regarding the proposed works as set out in the DA were formally raised by any Committee member.

List of all the bureaucratic docos realting to the Development Application:

http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/ePlanning/Pages/XC.Track/SearchApplication.aspx?id=455910

• 30 September, 2011 Closed RFT 2011/058
• 18 October , 2011 Awarded to Parkview Group Australia Pty Ltd

(Excerpt from Council Meeting Minutes)
• 15.5 RFT 2011/058 - Brookvale Oval Revitalization Works - Stage 4 (BP REF C27)
• 297/11 RESOLVED
• A. That Council accept the Tender and delegate to the General Manager the authority to enter into a contract with Parkview Constructions PTY LTD to undertake Brookvale Oval Stage 4 Revitalization Works and in accordance with their tender submission, for the total contract price of $2,777,512.10 exclusive of GST.
• B. This amount equates to $2,525,011.00 ex GST for the contract sum, and a 10% contingency amount of $252,501.10 ex GST.
• C. Approval is sought from Council to bring forward $2.1M from the 2012/2013 budget to this financial year’s budget to increase the budget for CN5125 in 2011/2012 to $3.6M ex GST.
• (THIS ITEM WAS DEALT WITH BY EXCEPTION EARLIER IN THE MEETING).

http://www.parkviewgroup.com.au/index.asp does NOT yet have any info; I assume that they are the Park View Group referred to in the Council Minutes.
-----------------------------------------------

This link is for the REDEVELOPMENT of Brookie – survey:

http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/community/BrookvaleOval.aspx

So the DA has been approved and the tender has been awarded but there is nothing about the commencement of works or when they might be finished

The Wheel said:
So the DA has been approved and the tender has been awarded but there is nothing about the commencement of works or when they might be finished

Welcome tn Gov :D
I think that Parkview may be waiting on the Funds being authorized.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4