Fifita BACKFLIPS on Titans backflip. Flips off Broncos, wont be back!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So its 550k difference in GC v Donkey deal. If he stays with Broncs ' we need an investigation' would be an understatement.

Also just a 1 year deal so he can screw his manager after a fallout.

Where's 'The Mouth' Tallis. Oh I forgot. This is about the Bronks not the Sea Eagles. Tallis always was the best hypocrite in the game wasn't he

Where's 'The Mouth' Tallis. Oh I forgot. This is about the Bronks not the Sea Eagles. Tallis always was the best hypocrite in the game wasn't he
As much as I dislike Tallis he's now GC aligned these days isn't he? Also frozen out of the broncos by the looks of it. I'm sure he's probably been told to say quiet until any deal is done. If Fifita does stay with the dinkeys long term I'm predicting Tallis comes out pretty hard.

The Gold Coast Titans have reportedly offered one of the biggest contracts in rugby league history, a revised $1.25m deal, to entice David Fifita to the club, hours after he rejected a $1.1m deal.

The off-contract Brisbane back-rower called the Titans on Wednesday night to tell them they had missed out but it appears they won't take no for an answer. The reported new offer comes after Fifita on Wednesday told the Broncos he would remain at the club next season, a day after informing them he was leaving.

Fifita wants to sign only a one-year deal so he can sever ties with manager Steve Deacon at the end of his agency contract next year.

"If they can get Fifita to stay for $700,000 when he’s being offered $500,000 more an hour down the road, that would be one of the greatest pieces of negotiation I have ever seen," Ikin said.

Greatest pieces of negotiation lol

Do they still negotiate with bags full of cash now with covid and everything or has it gone more techy, like 'stay at the Broncos and here is a usb stick with a bunch of bitcoin in a wallet'..?

"If they can get Fifita to stay for $700,000 when he’s being offered $500,000 more an hour down the road, that would be one of the greatest pieces of negotiation I have ever seen," Ikin said.

Do they still negotiate with bags full of cash now with covid and everything or has it gone more techy, like 'stay at the Broncos and here is a usb stick with a bunch of bitcoin in a wallet'..?
Yes...unfortunately we can't.

If it was an even playing field we would win everything.

Ikin is such a credulous moron. I very rarely watch NRL 360 now. His monotone delivery and contrived arguments with PK and co bore me ****less, not to mention those stupid looking glasses and his big boys suit......

Ikin is such a credulous moron. I very rarely watch NRL 360 now. His monotone delivery and contrived arguments with PK and co bore me ****less, not to mention those stupid looking glasses and his big boys suit......

images

To be fair Kent immediately countered albeit quietly “it will also raise more than a few eyebrows” he later said if Fafita signed the nrl would need to look into it. Not that they would sign anything.

The Broncs will still get him for 700k. But his mum will get that new mansion in Paddington or Red Hill for a couple hundred K. For those that don’t know Bris real estate houses in those suburbs start around 1mil

SmartSelect_20190527-201605_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wonder how they're going to spin this? I'm reminded of the DCE "backflip" which made the front page ...

As much as I dislike Tallis he's now GC aligned these days isn't he? Also frozen out of the broncos by the looks of it. I'm sure he's probably been told to say quiet until any deal is done. If Fifita does stay with the dinkeys long term I'm predicting Tallis comes out pretty hard.

Fair enough Eagle. My aim was to demonstrate individual bias always raises the spectre of self righteous indignation. Its being plainly shown in the AFB matter, where many RL supporters and news people are calling for AFBs head beyond the 2 weeks he got. Yet Klemmer back in 2015 almost caused a riot when he verbally insulted with heavy language a ref and got 3 weeks. Then he was alleged to have done it again in 2018.

Then there is the perceived put down in the language AFB uses, yet Erin Molan on several occasions has made disparaging and often racial comments, and all she gets is a request to apologise, and sometimes not even doing that. Paul Kent used that example to attack AFB but actually made the mistake of showing the inequitable treatment.

And then with Ray Hadley, his behaviour makes AFB look like a saint, yet doesn't get suspended (though he does get sued).

I posed a question to some putting AFB down as to whether they would hold the same position if it was a player in their team. But most will follow like sheep and whatever the media story of the day pushes.

This in no way excuses AFB, not because of what he said, but how he said it and didn't allow DCE to handle the situation. As for the language, having worked for years in the south western area of Sydney, that was tame. What some consider offensive, I so often learned, others considered forceful language.

The Broncs will still get him for 700k. But his mum will get that new mansion in Paddington or Red Hill for a couple hundred K. For those that don’t know Bris real estate houses in those suburbs start around 1mil
Ascot wouldn’t be bad either , and yes that’s the way it can happen , new house for Mum, new BMW for Dad , just gifts from grateful Thoroughbreds.

View attachment 14775

I wonder how they're going to spin this? I'm reminded of the DCE "backflip" which made the front page ...

The big difference is that DCE backflipped on the Tits to stay with a Sydney based club. Fifita apparently now wants to stay in Brisbane so he's at least staying with one of the Qld based clubs.

Although lets be honest. If that had been sCam Smith who decided to stay with Melbourne and had backflipped on the Tits 5 years ago the Qld media would have barely said boo about it.

Seriously speaking, if Cherry had been a Drongos or Cows player who backflipped on the Tits back in 2015 he wouldn't have copped half as much crap as he did and has because he would have been staying in Queensland. But because he was a Qld player who decided to stay in Sydney he was labeled as a traitor (forgetting of course others like 1nglis who had a verbal agreement with the Drongos before signing with Souffs. But they love GI don't they.....they also love that he's actually from NSW but chose Qld so they wouldn't say boo against him).

At the time Qld were nearing a decade of Origin dominance and the banana benders thought their rugby league $hit didn't stink. They were even worse than they usually are. A Qld player opting to stay with a Sydney club rather than "come home" to play for one of the Qld based clubs was strictly taboo, a big no no unless they were a long established Origin "hero". But even though he is from NSW (although a Tongan international), since he wants to stay with Brisbane, Fifita won't cop it nearly half as much from the Qld media as DCE did.

You see, when it comes down to it, DCE was going to be the Titans big white hope. If he had actually become one of them, he probably wouldn't have been shunned from Origin and therefor test selection and like when they had Qld Origin halfback Scott Prince at the club, his presence might have helped attract other name players to want to sign with them. Instead, they are now one of those clubs like the Tigpies and St Merge who have to offer massive overs to even get the better players to consider them and unless things change they are going to be stuck to the bottom of the ladder for a while to come. And a lot still blame Cherry for that.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4