Faith in Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rocks and diamonds eh ?

Sounds like the kind of term used to describe other highly rated superstars BJ Leluia and Matt Dufty.

Enigmatic is another term.

None of these descriptors is a positive thing.
How about the mercurial Dylan Walker?

I think Walker is a big game player. Has had some great moments against the likes of the Storm, Rooster, Rabbitohs over the years. He adds another dimension to our attack when on and generally widens it - acting as a mid-field link man that sends quick wide passes side to side. This faster movement side to side (vs Jake) could prove key to breaking up the defence of teams like the Storm and Panthers, giving time and space for Olakautau, Trbo, Saab and the likes.

He's still a work in progress but his defence (bar that tigers game, who play quite unpredictably and our forwards were slacking off in D) has been good enough I reckon, especially on the try line. Kicking isn't good but he could be used for short grubbers and is generally one of our better kick chasers.

I think we have to persist with him, it has the potential to break up the better teams in big games, even if just off the bench for a short period.
I think we were a bit off last week due to having too many ball players but not enough go forward and lack a bit of hardness on the defense .Our team is used to Sips , Keppie ,Lawton and Aloiai coming after 20 mins. replacing Taupau and Paseka for the continuous roll up the middle .That go forward was missing after Walker came on .The worst part is with all the ball players we had , there were no tries for our wingers and fullback .( Tom took upon himself to break the defense for his try ) .Looking forward to the Sharks as we build towards the finals .

We see what we want to focus on, that is human nature. Yes he scored a good try against Canberra but otherwise I felt he stifled our attack and didn't give our outside backs opportunity and space. He is a very good footballer but for mine he is a runner of the ball not a creator of opportunities for support players. I cant help being concerned by his tackling style and in IMO he goes too high too often and does not hit and stick. I would like to see him hit with the shoulder. And finally he has been with us since season 2016 and for mine has not delivered consistency in performance. Its been a long wait.

Lawton can be the guy that gets us a quick play-the-ball after he skittles the edge defenders which opens the door for the likes of Trbo to put on a play to pull something out of the fire.
agreed totally - is really is quality. I just have a suspicion that we just need that bit extra to beat the Storm. They are so regimented and disciplined and so hard to pull apart.

I think we were a bit off last week due to having too many ball players but not enough go forward and lack a bit of hardness on the defense .Our team is used to Sips , Keppie ,Lawton and Aloiai coming after 20 mins. replacing Taupau and Paseka for the continuous roll up the middle .That go forward was missing after Walker came on .The worst part is with all the ball players we had , there were no tries for our wingers and fullback .( Tom took upon himself to break the defense for his try ) .Looking forward to the Sharks as we build towards the finals .
Yeah that was worrying. I don't rate our attack for 50% or more of our games but there are periods where we suddenly snap into terminator mode. I don't think any side's attack is more dangerous than ours when we are in that mode. But we still look very clunky at times, even in games like the tigers game where we still manage to score 8 or so tries. Strange, I think we attack a bit individually rather than as a team sometimes.

If there is any Walker fans that think he is not a massive defensive liability at centre have rocks in their head. The first 3 structured plays at his edge:
1. Try by Sharks- disallowed by forward pass
2. Walker turns in again, sharks run 30m up the sideline
3. Try straight past him

Walker is a better attacking player than Parker but no way we can play him at centre.

No mercy on here. He hasn't played center since last year. Des knows Parker isn't the best center i guess thats why he trialled walker there. I think its too late to play walker there but obviously Des has other ideas.

No mercy on here. He hasn't played center since last year. Des knows Parker isn't the best center i guess thats why he trialled walker there. I think its too late to play walker there but obviously Des has other ideas.
Des was just trying people in different positions incase it's needed come semis time. He also have Lawton a run at hooker, gave Garrick a run at fullback and Parker played a bit of wing. I wouldn't read too much into Walker getting a stint at centre.

Des was just trying people in different positions incase it's needed come semis time. He also have Lawton a run at hooker, gave Garrick a run at fullback and Parker played a bit of wing. I wouldn't read too much into Walker getting a stint at centre.
Yeah it was weird. Siro to lock and our middle went to ****. Walker to center and our left edge went to ****. Tommy off could of been the reason he is a massive talker. Lawton is a hooker

The team imploded after Walker got involved in a sledging match. He is a liability to this team.
He is not the player some people think he is, and did nothing again tonight. He is a hothead and easily baited which throws off our other players.
If DESpicable is silly enough to give him a run next week watch Melbourne exploit him both defensively in body and mind.
He should not be re-signed. We don't need him. He doesn't fit into any position that makes our team better.

The team imploded after Walker got involved in a sledging match. He is a liability to this team.
He is not the player some people think he is, and did nothing again tonight. He is a hothead and easily baited which throws off our other players.
If DESpicable is silly enough to give him a run next week watch Melbourne exploit him both defensively in body and mind.
He should not be re-signed. We don't need him. He doesn't fit into any position that makes our team better.
How did you think Parker went tonight before Des hooked him from the position ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8