Faith in Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No joke Sherlock
Your missing the point buddy.
I'm not arguing with you, I'm saying Manly bought him to play 5/8 not to be a centre, call it what you will but he was bought to play 5/8, so posters saying he isn't getting a fair go because he is not playing centre are overlooking the fact we was never in the side to be one.
We put him back to centre but again he was shifted out.

2 coaches and the great Bozo saw it that Walker is neither a 5/8 or centre. So his present utility role and sub is likely his best shot with us.
Walker was progressing fine as a 5/8 in the last year he had that role for most of the season and played really well in a Semi at 5/8. The Next year Manly started the year fine in the first 4-5 games with him at 5/8 then the performance dropped off by the whole team for the rest of the season.

Injuries and his own off the field issues have been his undoing, still will make a very good 5/8 if he settles down and matures but will be hard now to cement that spot at Manly.

Maybe Foran is only signed for one more season and Walker fills the 5/8 role at a more mature age at a value price (maybe overlap their contracts so Walker has an extra season above Forans so we have a transition plan)

DCE and Walker do chime in well together when the forwards are dominating and Walker adds that penetrating spark that Foran lacks these days.

I do like Walker playing through the middle also from an attacking sense, Jake and his sluggish predictable link plays to push DCE and Foran wide can only go so far and risks Manly lacking the points to compensate for lapses in defence. Also having points in us gives the defence confidence that putting in the hard yards defensively will be rewarded in points at the other end.

Going to guess he'll be missing next week after that concussion.

Had some good touches to set one or two attacking raids in motion along with his try. But he looked a bit at sea in defense even in the middle.
Is he really? Looked all hyped up and jumpy in the post-match team song.

I thought Walker was very good last night. He upped the tempo in attack, gave us more options and more doubt in the opposition defence structures. Pity he got knocked out and I doubt he'll be ok for next week which will be a big loss added to Keppie and potentially Aloiai.

I thought Walker was very good last night. He upped the tempo in attack, gave us more options and more doubt in the opposition defence structures. Pity he got knocked out and I doubt he'll be ok for next week which will be a big loss added to Keppie and potentially Aloiai.
Well said, I don’t know why people on this forum have such a vendetta against him. He created the space for a couple of tries with his passing game.

Walker actually provides a lot of value off the bench. He's only had like one bad game since coming back from injury and that was playing at 6 against raiders which he shouldn't have in the first place. But he's actually been a quality 14, can't take it away from him. Brings a spark in attack, a lot to work on with his defence but expected when he is defending in the middle for the first time in his career. He will improve.

lot to work on with his defence but expected when he is defending in the middle for the first time in his career. He will improve.
Why would you think his middle defence will improve? He played centre forever and his defence there never improved. Serious question.
His defence will never improve because he either has no shoulders or no spine. Judging by the way he acts it is obvious which one it is.

The Walker haters need to move on and find a new hate theme... seriously lol. His defence is not rock solid but he is creative in attack and adds some real zing when he comes onto the field. Put simply he offers something different and he can cover many positions. What happens if we are at full strength re him or Lawnton on the bench - I am not sure. Might well depend on what we need in that game - a bit more zing and unpredicactability in attack with the odd missed tackle or someone who is rock solid in all aspects but wont break the game open for us but also will not make a mistake. They both offer us something different. But seriously - get off the old rocking horse. If you think Walker is terrible put simply you have no idea about Rugby League and need to comment on say marbles.... that is much easier to get a grasp on.

Walker got knocked out because his defence technique is bad. He attempted to tackle old mate and just got it all wrong. This will keep happening if he doesn't learn to tackle.
The arm grab attempt on the tryline was horrid ( when they scored under posts).
Good coaches will target him now which will make him a bigger liability in defence.

Walker got knocked out because his defence technique is bad. He attempted to tackle old mate and just got it all wrong. This will keep happening if he doesn't learn to tackle.
The arm grab attempt on the tryline was horrid ( when they scored under posts).
Good coaches will target him now which will make him a bigger liability in defence.
The arm grab attempt was highlighted by the fact Walker and Croker were defending in the middle of the field side by side.Now that may of just been the circumstances at that moment of the play,but Des went with a smaller middle for a while that saw Aloiai,JakeT,Croker and Walker defending there.I assume Des has analysed the way the game is being played under the new rules but it appears the refs have pulled back their 6 again counts and not sure he can afford to have Taupau,Paseka,Keppie and Sipley all on the bench at one time

The arm grab attempt was highlighted by the fact Walker and Croker were defending in the middle of the field side by side.Now that may of just been the circumstances at that moment of the play,but Des went with a smaller middle for a while that saw Aloiai,JakeT,Croker and Walker defending there.I assume Des has analysed the way the game is being played under the new rules but it appears the refs have pulled back their 6 again counts and not sure he can afford to have Taupau,Paseka,Keppie and Sipley all on the bench at one time
Got to wrap the ball up in that situation. It's more technique than anything.
If 14/15 is his role moving forward ( it could be good for us) he will need to learn to defend there as clubs will already be planing to target him.

The Walker haters need to move on and find a new hate theme... seriously lol. If you think Walker is terrible put simply you have no idea about Rugby League and need to comment on say marbles.... that is much easier to get a grasp on.
As one of those so-called "Walker haters" I'm pleased to discuss marbles.
Did you know that in1588 two Englishmen competed in the first recorded match, and the winner, a bloke called Giles who defeated Mr Hodge, claimed his prize which was getting to marry a local young maiden from Tinsley Green?
Fascinating, eh?
There is no mention, however, if either player made as many errors as Walker does per match.

The Walker haters need to move on and find a new hate theme... seriously lol. His defence is not rock solid but he is creative in attack and adds some real zing when he comes onto the field. Put simply he offers something different and he can cover many positions. What happens if we are at full strength re him or Lawnton on the bench - I am not sure. Might well depend on what we need in that game - a bit more zing and unpredicactability in attack with the odd missed tackle or someone who is rock solid in all aspects but wont break the game open for us but also will not make a mistake. They both offer us something different. But seriously - get off the old rocking horse. If you think Walker is terrible put simply you have no idea about Rugby League and need to comment on say marbles.... that is much easier to get a grasp on.
Can the so called walker haters ask the walker fanboys to give it a break also. I thought this forum was an open debate, not restricted by individual opinions

As one of those so-called "Walker haters" I'm pleased to discuss marbles.
Did you know that in1588 two Englishmen competed in the first recorded match, and the winner, a bloke called Giles who defeated Mr Hodge, claimed his prize which was getting to marry a local young maiden from Tinsley Green?
Fascinating, eh?
There is no mention, however, if either player made as many errors as Walker does per match.
Walker was playing but his Mrs tried to feed him while playing so he lost his **** and got arrested.

Can the so called walker haters ask the walker fanboys to give it a break also. I thought this forum was an open debate, not restricted by individual opinions
Can those calling for balanced discussion of all opinions please give it a break.
Waynes World Decision GIF

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4