Fainu Off Field Drama

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
WTF does this bloke do

Sea Eagles chief executive Lyall Gorman said he wasn’t aware of any details about Fainu when contacted by The Daily Telegraph Friday afternoon.

mjb136

MWSE fanatic
Premium Member
Didn't Corey Norman and James Segeyaro film a woman in a sexual act and post it?

Both still seem to play NRL.

Ridiculously stupid thing for the club to do playing him. But to call the emd of his career is way over the top at this stage.

Manly need to sanction whoever knew about it.

Perhaps a certain coach has found his Get out of Jail card and has played it?

The issue here will be consent.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Surely our decision makers wouldn’t have been stupid enough to promote the bloke to first grade for his debut knowing about this grubby charge. It would have been a crazy decision regardless of whether the NRL allowed it or not. Sure he is entitled to the presumption of innocence but we don’t need anymore bad press.

Clay

Bencher
WTF does this bloke do

Sea Eagles chief executive Lyall Gorman said he wasn’t aware of any details about Fainu when contacted by The Daily Telegraph Friday afternoon.
It would suggest to me those that knew his the details so he could play

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I lived in Salt Lake City for a while .... let me simply say ... mormons ain't saints ... @:mask::lipssealed:

hozza

Bencher
Fair enough.

Leilua sent naked pics of his ex to people without her consent.

Still playing.
Doesn’t make it ok though does it. If he made the tape and posted the tape without consent from the young lady I have a HUGE issue with it.

Stand him down until he faces court ( Manly don’t need the public and media scrutiny). If guilty, rip up his contract.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
He is either a phycopathic evil and demented sexual predator .... or a very stupid 19 yo dope who thought it would be funny at the time ... neither case excuses the act, and I hope he gets the punishment a court of law determines ... that the girl is compensated and looked after ..... and if Fainu is the later rather than the former , I hope he too gets the support and re-education he needs ...

However, Everybody seems to be missing the part about Manly contacting the NRl and discussing the situation with them BEFORE promoting him .... and the NRL's Integrity commission stating that there was no case for standing him down prior to the case going to court ....

Heaven help the day when we start suspending players by accusation rather than conviction .......

Last edited:

Oracle

Eagles win 2019 GF
Surprising he thought this was a good idea. He's probably been reading the wrong books
View attachment 8838

Fainu obviously didn't get to this part in the BoM

Sexual sin is an abomination—Corianton’s sexual sins kept the Zoramites from receiving the word—Christ’s redemption is retroactive in saving the faithful who preceded it. About 74 B.C. (Book of Mormon, Alma, Chapter 39)

Hmmmmm :wondering:
Trent in damage control once again

• 📚
Reactions: Ned

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why does every thread have to be merged?
There should be a place to discuss his off field idiocy and on field talent separately.
Every thread isn't merged. The problem is that some people want to start a new thread for every random thought they have, or every new article they find because they can't be bothered posting it somewhere more relevant or to check if a similar thread already exists.

In this case the discussion about his off field idiocy had already commenced in this existing Fainu thread and then someone decided to start a separate thread on the same subject. So rather than having two concurrent threads on the same subject it was just as easy to merge them.

Vaild criticism though, so will take it on board. Generally we try to let threads run for a few days and see how the discussion develops then maybe consolidate into existing threads once the arguments regress to the same old stuff we hear every week (some of it is a bit tongue in cheek as well such as with the Daly Cherrygraph and the Keiran Forum mega threads).

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Let him play until his trial is completed and there is a verdict, otherwise he is being punished before being proven guilty. It is how it should have been for Brett and it is how they are generally handling things these days. Until there is a trial and a verdict the whole thing of what happened is speculation. let him have his day in court, judge him when it is done. That is fair.

Club should of dealt with him in April, probably got rid of him.

As for awaiting the courts decision Jack Wighton is not playing for the Raiders, now awaiting sentence.

Hasnt he admitted the offence? He asked the court for the matter to be dealt with under section 32 of mental health act.

As for getting advice from the NRL, they will surely not help steer Manly in the right direction. Report it to them sure, but don't take their advice, it will blow up in your face.

I am convinced Penn and co are doing all this deliberately to run the club down to breaking point. Seriously no one can be this dumb, it's not like one bad decision, it's now dozens.

Anyways once we sign Cartwright all will be good and we can press on towards being premiers in 2019. Said no one.

Who knows what the next drama will be? We are due for a DUI charge at least or how about under paying ball kids.

Last edited:

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
God I wish URM would come back with another offer to buy us. I’m sure I read they tried a couple of years ago and got knocked back.

I’d be happy with Quantam coming back with them. Share the cost of the club with 2 companies who love Manly.

They couldn’t be any worse than what the Penns have given us and these last few years show The Penns just don’t know how to run a professional football club.

We’ve been a basket case in most aspects since their sole ownership and we go from one turmoil to another, both on the field and off it.

It would be difficult for the Penns to run a successful international business while also trying to run our club. Something would have to give and we can see what that is....our club.

I don’t want to see a company or businessman who has no past association with us buy our club...they can just move us on or sell to anyone else.

I’d like to say thank you to the Penns and know you’ve spent quite a deal of money but please consider offering the club to a Qantum, URM, Kaspersky? Partnership.

At one point or another over the last few years these have been mentioned as possible suitors to buy us but have been knocked back by the Penns.

These guys are just over their heads and our once great club is turning into a basket case.

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
The last few years of following our club have really hammered home the message of not getting upset about the things I have no control over. Like Woodsie, I hope this is just a stupid error of judgement by a young man that should have known better. In saying that I support any punishment that the court sees fit to administer.
I don't consider it a dummy spit to say how disappointed I am with the running of the club after 50 years of support. I'm not sure what's going on up the top but I implore them to get their sh!t together because the legacy of our club is in their hands.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20