Fainu Off Field Drama

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Doesn’t make it ok though does it. If he made the tape and posted the tape without consent from the young lady I have a HUGE issue with it.

Stand him down until he faces court ( Manly don’t need the public and media scrutiny). If guilty, rip up his contract.

Not sure where I said it was OK?

I said its an overreaction to say he should never play footy again.

As for standing him down. If he has plead guilty, yes. If not - how can you possibly say that in light of what happened with Brett Stewart.

I am not condoning his actions at all. I have daughters.

But from a purely objective perspective of what other players (past and present) have done, calling for a lifetime ban is completely excessive.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I think this episode just about caps off the year from hell for our club.

All year I have advocated the coach to bring in new blood into the side. I personally witnessed Fainu play a huge part in our Holden cup premiership last year and thought wow, there is one for the future.

Seriously, if anyone knew about this charge and overlooked it and played this kid regardless needs to be removed from our club. There is a thing called a duty of care and the young woman who is the victim of this alleged crime is suffering while this guy is getting on with his career.

Our club all year has lacked discipline from the owners and the mismanagement of the salary cap, from the people managing our player roster and top 30 list, to our captain who for large periods of this season has not just not been there for the team and the form of some of our key players which is so hot and cold.

Moving forward there needs to be a rethink about where we are going as a club and there has to be some good old fashioned accountability.

We are fodder for our enemies in the press right now!!

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I think this episode just about caps off the year from hell for our club.

All year I have advocated the coach to bring in new blood into the side. I personally witnessed Fainu play a huge part in our Holden cup premiership last year and thought wow, there is one for the future.

Seriously, if anyone knew about this charge and overlooked it and played this kid regardless needs to be removed from our club. There is a thing called a duty of care and the young woman who is the victim of this alleged crime is suffering while this guy is getting on with his career.

Our club all year has lacked discipline from the owners and the mismanagement of the salary cap, from the people managing our player roster and top 30 list, to our captain who for large periods of this season has not just not been there for the team and the form of some of our key players which is so hot and cold.

Moving forward there needs to be a rethink about where we are going as a club and there has to be some good old fashioned accountability.

We are fodder for our enemies in the press right now!!
Nobody overlooked it ..... they went to the NRL's integrity commission .... and the NRL integrity commission said there was no cause to stand Fainu down until his court case has been heard ...

Appears to me that all protocols have been addressed and satisfied ..... and Manly has acted appropriately .....

Nobody overlooked it ..... they went to the NRL's integrity commission .... and the NRL integrity commission said there was no cause to stand Fainu down until his court case has been heard ...

Appears to me that all protocols have been addressed and satisfied ..... and Manly has acted appropriately .....

Was not aware of that Woodsie.

If that's the case then some of this over the top stuff is even sillier.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
We need the Mormon Elders to make a statement on their organization's stance on the treatment of women.:wait:

How is Nase able to take up a mission if he objectifies the females he encounters :wondering:

Social media behaviour is still only secondary to the basic expectation of respecting others in our Society :cool:

#Sad

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Was not aware of that Woodsie.

If that's the case then some of this over the top stuff is even sillier.

Just going on the paper .... To quote the article .....

"Manly has been told by the NRL that the club can continue to select Fainu until a court verdict is reached ....... The Integrity Unit is aware of the matter and will let the legal process take it's course before determining what action if any is required an NRL spokesman said ......

Manly privately conceded yesterday that the club harboured reservations about naming Fainu last week ..... but with the NRL opting against standing the player down, Manly selected him"

Sounds like good professional management to me ..... well done Manly ....

Last edited:

damiennp90

Bencher
Just going on the paper .... To quote the article .....

"Manly has been told by the NRL that the club can continue to select Fainu until a court verdict is reached ....... The Integrity Unit is aware of the matterand will let the legal process take it's course before determining what action if any is required an NRL spokesman said ......

Manly privately conceded yesterday that the club harboured reservations about naming Fainu last week ..... but with the NRL opting against standing the player down, Manly selected him"

Sounds like good professional management to me ..... well done Manly ....

So manly did have reservations about playing him. But as the NRL said that they shouldn't stand him down then they didn't.

This must then mean that Manly 1000% know the NRL is correct in all matters and that when the Verdict for the salary cap they will accept everything the NRL say.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
So manly did have reservations about playing him. But as the NRL said that they shouldn't stand him down then they didn't.

This must then mean that Manly 1000% know the NRL is correct in all matters and that when the Verdict for the salary cap they will accept everything the NRL say.

Good one Punchie .... I would call that a stretch of logic, but ...... can't find any logic there at all .......

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He is either a phycopathic evil and demented sexual predator .... or a very stupid 19 yo dope who thought it would be funny at the time ... neither case excuses the act, and I hope he gets the punishment a court of law determines ... that the girl is compensated and looked after ..... and if Fainu is the later rather than the former , I hope he too gets the support and re-education he needs ...

However, Everybody seems to be missing the part about Manly contacting the NRl and discussing the situation with them BEFORE promoting him .... and the NRL's Integrity commission stating that there was no case for standing him down prior to the case going to court ....

Heaven help the day when we start suspending players by accusation rather than conviction .......
Best post of the entire thread!!

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Well nobody even let the CEO Lyall Gorman know. It seems this has been hidden by a few idiots in the club.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Well nobody even let the CEO Lyall Gorman know. It seems this has been hidden by a few idiots in the club.

That was a strange comment by Gorman ...... he would obviously have been all over it ..... only sensible suggestion I have is that Gorman's quoted response of "I don't have details on that" was to a specific question like ..... the girls details or some such other thing ...

But my first response isn't to assume he knew nothing about the charges or the actions taken ......

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That was a strange comment by Gorman ...... he would obviously have been all over it ..... only sensible suggestion I have is that Gorman's quoted response of "I don't have details on that" was to a specific question like ..... the girls details or some such other thing ...

But my first response isn't to assume he knew nothing about the charges or the actions taken ......

Yeah struck me as odd but I figure he is telling the truth, and you could well be correct @Woodsie

The Who

Journey Man
As fans we are guilty of hero worshipping sportspeople for their feats on the sports field. We mistakenly believe that they also should be model citizens in their private lives. I know that in the days before social media, mobile cameras and prying media that there were plenty of scumbag footballers. They just escaped general scrutiny.
What this guy did is unforgivable, if true. I hope that the girl in question can get over it. It is even more galling that this footballer is, he claims, a God-faring man. It is yet another example of self-professed followers of religion (of all denominations) proving to be sinners rather than saints.
I still believe that this player should be allowed to do his 'day job' whilst he is innocent. If proven guilty and he is sentenced, then the club must decide if he is fit to represent Manly.
In the meantime I feel queasy about having cheered this guy on whilst he was wearing the maroon-and-white.

hozza

Bencher
Not sure where I said it was OK?

I said its an overreaction to say he should never play footy again.

As for standing him down. If he has plead guilty, yes. If not - how can you possibly say that in light of what happened with Brett Stewart.

I am not condoning his actions at all. I have daughters.

But from a purely objective perspective of what other players (past and present) have done, calling for a lifetime ban is completely excessive.
If your not ok with it then why bring up past players criminal or alleged criminal action? Couldn’t give 2 fuc$s if Norman did the same and was allowed to play. Doesn’t make it ok. By you comparing kinda makes it look like your ok with it. If true, it’s an act of sexual violation in my book. Banned. For . Life , again that’s only if proven true in a court of law..

Brett Stewart case completely different, no comparisons whatsoever.

It would just be smart for him to be stood down. Manly don’t need this kind of sh!t media with everything we are going through. I mean we have already missed the finals.

If your not ok with it then why bring up past players criminal or alleged criminal action? Couldn’t give 2 fuc$s if Norman did the same and was allowed to play. Doesn’t make it ok. By you comparing kinda makes it look like your ok with it. If true, it’s an act of sexual violation in my book. Banned. For . Life , again that’s only if proven true in a court of law..

Brett Stewart case completely different, no comparisons whatsoever.

It would just be smart for him to be stood down. Manly don’t need this kind of sh!t media with everything we are going through. I mean we have already missed the finals.

Ok. Nice and slowly for you.

Posters were stating that he should never play again. Period.

I said that was an overreaction and cited examples of similar incidents that occurred where the players involved continue to play.

That OK with you sweetie?

Oh, and I don't condone it so don't tell me I do.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Of all the things NRL players have done this seems pretty minor.
It's no Coffs gang bang/rape.
Slap on the wrist and a small fine. Barely news worthy

Ah ah you forgot the 1,000,000,000x Manly loading. Image wise the club is at an all time low both on and off the field and just makes anything look a lot worse. Having said that Distributing a video on snap chat with that sort of content without consent is a low life act. It’s news worthy because he is in the public spotlight

hozza

Bencher

So we base our moral compass off the Nrl now do we? They obviously set great standards...

Sorry mate, I find any violent or sexual misconduct against women abhorrent and disgusting. If proven to be true, this IS sexual misconduct and should be treated as such. Again only if alleged action is true..

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If he’s guilty I’m guessing he’s played his first AND last game for 2018.

As to being sacked and never playing again I’m guessing none of you were ever 19 and stupid ??

I was married at 19 ( 20 the next day) but boy my mates and I did some dumb **** ( for the time) when I was 16,17,18 and 19 because that’s what most teenagers do!!

Very few of them stop and consider their actions but are usually very remorseful in the light of the day.

I’d like to think the kid can take his punishment, and that the club , and his family can help him through what is obviously a difficult time.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18