'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I never mind your comments ... basically because I believe that they are genuine ... my view has always been that opinions change constantly with circumstances ... for example your question about Dessie ... I am fairly certain a poll held after round 5 this year after losing 14 from 15 would give a different result than a poll held today ... and who knows what a poll in 2 years will produce .. and remember, this is his 3rd year in charge, so change takes time ..

This is also true of Dessie's tenure at the Doggies ... a poll taken after 3 years would have been vastly different from a poll taken in his last year ....

But to answer your question, I never linked my view to Des V Barrett, when Des was appointed I am on record as giving him my full support, as I would to any Manly Coach. ....

With Barrett ... I do think he was gravely hamstrung by purse strings and politics here ... I believed and still do, that he is a quality coach in the making .... but the jury is still out ... I will give you another opinion after his 3rd year at the Doggies ...
He won't get to three years at the dogs.

I never mind your comments ... basically because I believe that they are genuine ... my view has always been that opinions change constantly with circumstances ... for example your question about Dessie ... I am fairly certain a poll held after round 5 this year after losing 14 from 15 would give a different result than a poll held today ... and who knows what a poll in 2 years will produce .. and remember, this is his 3rd year in charge, so change takes time ..

This is also true of Dessie's tenure at the Doggies ... a poll taken after 3 years would have been vastly different from a poll taken in his last year ....

But to answer your question, I never linked my view to Des V Barrett, when Des was appointed I am on record as giving him my full support, as I would to any Manly Coach. ....

With Barrett ... I do think he was gravely hamstrung by purse strings and politics here ... I believed and still do, that he is a quality coach in the making .... but the jury is still out ... I will give you another opinion after his 3rd year at the Doggies ...

Hamstrung by purse strings. U cannot be serious. Twent has been given every resource he has asked for, unlike Pay.

Any team that pays 500+ plus for Cotric to play centre but continue to play him on the wing clearly has too much $$ to spend.
They wasted $$ on DWZ only to release him this year.

They have paid overs for Ado-Carr to come next year.

Watch Meaney excel next year playing for the Storm.

The dogs have too much cash and a useless first grade coach.

barrett did f all.

you wanna compare des to barrett
look at manly 2018 15th
manly 2019 a dud ref call away from a prelim final

the facts are clear Des can coach, barrett cant.

I hope Baz is OK.
He obviously has a great tactical knowledge of the game. Man management may be an area he needs to improve.
He continues to be hamstrung though with weak rosters and club politics, so we possibly won't see his true worth until he is in charge at a strong club such as Storm or Chooks.

Hamstrung by purse strings. U cannot be serious. Twent has been given every resource he has asked for, unlike Pay.

Any team that pays 500+ plus for Cotric to play centre but continue to play him on the wing clearly has too much $$ to spend.
They wasted $$ on DWZ only to release him this year.

They have paid overs for Ado-Carr to come next year.

Watch Meaney excel next year playing for the Storm.

The dogs have too much cash and a useless first grade coach.

I agree, but I think if you re-read my comments I was referring to when he was at Manly ...

So you will wait till he's been a first grade coach for a total of 6 years (assuming he lasts that long) before making a conclusion? That is very generous!

What all the smartarse comments continue to ignore are my comments about change ... before I answer your question please answer mine ...

1) a poll of Dessie's performance taken by Bulldog's fans in 2015 would be good/bad ?

2) a poll of Dessie's performance taken by Bulldog's fans in 2017 would be good/bad ?

3) a poll of Dessie's performance taken by Manly fans in 2020 would be good/bad ?

4) a poll of Dessie's performance taken by Manly fans in 2021 would be good/bad?

5) a poll of Barrett's performance taken by Manly fans in 2017 would be good/bad?

6) a poll of Barrett's performance taken by Manly fans in 2018 would be good/bad?

Ricky Stewart won a comp in his 1st year and has gone from grandfinals to wooden spoons like a yoyo for 20 years ... Brad Arthur being called for lynching at Parra going from finals to wooden spoons to finals and back to the new messiah .... I have seen the greatest coach ever, Jack Gibson go from the penthouse to the garden shed at Cronulla ...

Trent Robinson went from Premiership to 15th and back to Premiership .. Maquire from Premiership to mediocrity ... Seibold from Premiership to sacked ... and even the great man Dessie, sacked unceremoniously by the Dog's and paid a million to just leave ...

I have seen too many coaches over too many years swing like pendulums to make a definitive judgement on their talents based on just a few years ...

Regarding the Hush Puppies and pretty boy Barrett. Manly got Barrett because Bozo took the advise of Gould. Getting his first first grade gig Barrett set Manly backwards no matter how far we were ahead the opposition would not only catch up to us but beat us. Barrett had no concept of defense. Even though we were on schedule to win our first wooden spoon (we can thank Parra) yet we were not asking for his head. He decided to make up a bullsheet reason to declare his resignation. The Hush Puppies had used due diligence and seen what had happen in his first gig why would you take him on??? He had a top eight roster at Manly during his time yet we managed one semi final and almost got our first wooden spoon. we were never able to string 3 wins together yet when we won one game Barrett would make it sound like he had won the premiership. The Puppies hoped that with Barrett he would attract a lot of the riff players accross which has not happened. This time he has no excuses one of the wealthiest club, a war chest, lots of garden chairs, state of the art training centre, missguided fans who think and still believe that he is the great mesiah. Dumb Barrett and Dumber Puppies still blame Des for their bismal state not the fact that they made a very very bad choice. He will achieve what he failed to accomplish at Manly the wooden spoon. But unlike Manly supporters the Puppies will soon start building hanging scaffolds at Belmore if he continues to fail or tries to pull the same exit plan as he did with Manly.

1625378940513.png

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8