'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
1625310720671.png

Trent's a conundrum. I don't think he's a fraud. He honestly doesn't understand that he's an incompetent coach. He doesn't realise that there are things a coach needs to do and things that a coach needs to know that he doesn't.

He reminds me of a bloke I used to work with who was so incompetent that he could only be given the most menial jobs. He sincerely believed that he was a great operator and we were all against him. He took a month off on sick leave convinced that we would be unable to cope without him. While off he dropped in every few days to see if we'd gone out of business yet only to find the place was working much better without him. Made not one iota of difference to his attitude. He was just incapable of believing that he was no good.
He's the David Brent of coaching

Gee he was the one that let go Gutherson, Nico Hynes and apparently wanted to get rid of paseka. As we all know Bozo and clan built the Manly teams he coached. Barrett is the most overrated coach in the world ....all he has going for him is some very high profile mates who talk him up. The sad thing is in being fair to the Bulldogs we too were bedazzled by the BS and spin when we replaced the great Toovey with Twent Bluesteel.

From "the kennel"..

1st the manly side that smashed us today. He built. He also set up there development system with there alignment with Blacktown as a feeder. Meaning they get a shot at some the riff good kids.
Oh my that absurb, that was Scotty and Brett Fulton and bozo.

It’s also incorrect that we get a look at some of the riff talent. There isn’t a Blacktown local junior in our squad...
The good juniors are from Parramatta/Bulldogs catchment areas of Fairfield/Guildford etc.

also, the best players out west all come from St Mary’s not Blacktown lol

Wasn't going to do this, but I can't help it. Just curious as to what the old fans of Barrett that used to be pretty vocal on here in support of Baz think about how he is going? Is he still a smart cookie? Do you think we make the right decision hiring Des back or should we have stopped being numbnuts and been more patient with Baz?

Sorry @Woodsie I cant help it 😉

I never mind your comments ... basically because I believe that they are genuine ... my view has always been that opinions change constantly with circumstances ... for example your question about Dessie ... I am fairly certain a poll held after round 5 this year after losing 14 from 15 would give a different result than a poll held today ... and who knows what a poll in 2 years will produce .. and remember, this is his 3rd year in charge, so change takes time ..

This is also true of Dessie's tenure at the Doggies ... a poll taken after 3 years would have been vastly different from a poll taken in his last year ....

But to answer your question, I never linked my view to Des V Barrett, when Des was appointed I am on record as giving him my full support, as I would to any Manly Coach. ....

With Barrett ... I do think he was gravely hamstrung by purse strings and politics here ... I believed and still do, that he is a quality coach in the making .... but the jury is still out ... I will give you another opinion after his 3rd year at the Doggies ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8