'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Remember a few years ago @Dan we started a rumour on here about a certain player on the verge of joining us just to see if the media picked it up !!

AND they did !!

As @The Who suggested earlier today’s journos don’t bother with verifying facts it’s more about “ whose the first one to a story “.
Sure do, we have done it more than once to weed out who and who is not reading the site and using it as their ketchup.

It was about 2006 when the sports journalists decided they no longer needed to report on sport and instead be the Sydney Sports Confidential, facts are not important if you arent defaming anyone

Sure do, we have done it more than once to weed out who and who is not reading the site and using it as their ketchup.

It was about 2006 when the sports journalists decided they no longer needed to report on sport and instead be the Sydney Sports Confidential, facts are not important if you arent defaming anyone
I forget the rumour itself but bloody hell it was funny when it happened and there was only one place they could have got the info, right here!!

I don't get why he isn't leaving Penrith right now, if it was my business and he was going to a competitor he would be walked today.

That's a lot of trust they are placing in him not trying to get any of their players to follow him.
He doesn't want to sully his impressive 38% win record.

Barrett already working his magic

1595413039576.jpeg

Lol. He said in the Bulldogs media release "I would also like to thank the Panthers for their support and understanding. As my job there is not yet done, and out of respect to the Panthers, I will not be making any further comment until the conclusion of the season." And then he goes on NRL 360 for crying out loud!

It wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if:

a. The NRL agreed $300k is $BW's market value (despite being on a $10m 2 year contract at Toronto) and

b. $BW agreed to the deal, because it would be massively overshadowed by the under-the-table payments he'd get from Uncle Nick.

I have it from a reliable source that a number of former Rooster players, including SBW, have units in a complex at Sans Souci, given to them by uncle Nick, when uncle Nick funded the development.

So what’s another couple of units......

Last edited:
Lol. He said in the Bulldogs media release "I would also like to thank the Panthers for their support and understanding. As my job there is not yet done, and out of respect to the Panthers, I will not be making any further comment until the conclusion of the season." And then he goes on NRL 360 for crying out loud!

Man of integrity that he is, I assume that he didn’t comment on his new gig when he was on 360...?

On one hand I shouldn't really care about his appointment any more than I do for any new coach.
Read the media, ignore most of it, but at the end of the day it's the players I'm more interested in.

But obviously the history he has with Manly ups the interest just a notch.

I was reading one of the many love stories about him recently and he said after the Manly (and gardening) stint he did a lot of research and education (which all coaches should do) and hung around with the all blacks coach to get pointers etc.
He's acknowledged his numerous stuff ups, says he wont do them again.

So he should be a lot better prepared for the head coach role - and that's why I'm mildly interested in seeing how he goes.

I'm a lot more interested in Manly making the finals each year and pushing for #9.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10