'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So Barrett's first act is to target players from the team that he failed so miserably at. WOW.
...if what the league "journos" say can be taken as gospel Mick... we will see but really Albert Hopoate is an easy join-the-dots exercise... hes ready, he is behind players here, his brother plays there - but none of that means there is a sherrick of truth in what has been written... as for Walkz, the story starts off "Manly are concerned..." and the only evidence provided is that he and Baz share a manager... I reckon its click-bait for now...

Correct me if I'm wrong but due to his age isn't he only just available to play NRL this year? He has had 2 knee recos and hasn't played for 2 years and people expect him to waltz in to 1st grade and instantly carve up. It just won't happen! If Des thought he was ready he woukd be playing now

He was listed in Manly's 30 last year (see list below). His second ACL op occurred early last year. It takes upward of a year to recover. Its a major op, but its repairable. A young fitness trainer I know at the local gym did his, earlier this year. He had the op about 3 months ago. He is presently walking reasonably freely, though he certainly cant run yet. Hopoate has been apparently training freely for several months and got the final all clear in early June to return to the game.

Last edited:
I just heard on NRL 360 the rorters still have 300,00 left on there salary cap and they reckon SBW should go there , he would be a good fit. We havent bought any big name players for years and yet, we apparently still dont have much money to spend, how do you figure that one out. Yes I know we have a lot of money tied up in about 4 or 5 players but the rorters have heaps more money tied up in heaps of players. Man ,that gave me a migraine getting all that out., and yet, it is still a level playing field out there in fantasy land...:sick::sick::sick:

It wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if:

a. The NRL agreed $300k is $BW's market value (despite being on a $10m 2 year contract at Toronto) and

b. $BW agreed to the deal, because it would be massively overshadowed by the under-the-table payments he'd get from Uncle Nick.

...if what the league "journos" say can be taken as gospel Mick... we will see but really Albert Hopoate is an easy join-the-dots exercise... hes ready, he is behind players here, his brother plays there - but none of that means there is a sherrick of truth in what has been written... as for Walkz, the story starts off "Manly are concerned..." and the only evidence provided is that he and Baz share a manager... I reckon its click-bait for now...
We should start saying "due to Turbos constant injuries Albert is being" fastracked" into the Manky fullback position.
"I heard from within the club Tom T is going to be a centre long term and Albert will be fullback."
Give the media something to chew on.

We should start saying "due to Turbos constant injuries Albert is being" fastracked" into the Manky fullback position.
"I heard from within the club Tom T is going to be a centre long term and Albert will be fullback."
Give the media something to chew on.
I understand that our form since TT got injured has been a bit smelly MF76 but I reckon Manky is a bit harsh....

Boy I am glad I have the experts on this site to put me thinking straight ...

Again on 360 ... that numbnut Benji Marshall (what would he know about football) ... said every Manly player he has spoken too gives Barrett huge wraps .... and same at Penrith ....

Bloody Benji should know better than to listen to people who have actually been coached by him ....

Boy I am glad I have the experts on this site to put me thinking straight ...

Again on 360 ... that numbnut Benji Marshall (what would he know about football) ... said every Manly player he has spoken too gives Barrett huge wraps .... and same at Penrith ....

Bloody Benji should know better than to listen to people who have actually been coached by him ....

I guess the only reasonable explanation is that Benji doesn’t talk to many Manly or Penrith players...

I guess the only reasonable explanation is that Benji doesn’t talk to many Manly or Penrith players...
It’s a results driven business. That’s the bottom line. Trent has achieved nothing in his four years as a head coach aside from a week one finals exit. The Barrett lovers (in their deluded stubbornness) like to point out how Des only matched that result last season.

Des made week two of the finals with an injury ravaged squad and was one corrupt call away from making it to week three. They seem to always skim over these kind of facts when it comes to their handsome buddy.

Last edited:
Remember a few years ago @Dan we started a rumour on here about a certain player on the verge of joining us just to see if the media picked it up !!

AND they did !!

As @The Who suggested earlier today’s journos don’t bother with verifying facts it’s more about “ whose the first one to a story “.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10