everyone writing us off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

R3

Bird gang affiliate
I would tread very carefully there .

I like puns and running jokes..
Just wanted to point that out before this one gets worn out..
I hope everyone’s just tyred up for now and the joke hasn’t lost all traction.. get a grip guys we could all take this joke for miles, let’s keep it rolling into round 1

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Depending on injuries this should be our 2006 season, and possibly approaching 2007. Much depends on 5/8. If Croker or Hastings make a success in that position and injuries treat us well, we have the young future stars mixed with a couple of old heads like 06-07 to move up into the top 4. If we are hit with injuries we could slip from the 8, but if the football gods are with us I see Manly at 3-6. I picked 5-8 last year

It feels very much like 2006, BK had arrived ( Thompson), young halves yet to be proven, young forwards ditto.

I picked 12th last year , I think we’ll make the 8 again this time although not sure in what position.

The McCarrs Creek Eagle

DEFENCE MUST BE THE FIRST PRIORITY
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In all seriousnessness >:) all the other clubs are (or should be) concentrating on their weaknesses from last year as well as us but if we can get our defence well and truly sorted out we can give this competition a hell of a shake. We have a decent enough attack.

Defence can sometimes frustrate a team into making too many mistakes. Those of you that have played the game or that have studied the game long enough know what I'm talking about there.

Our defence is what I think let us down at different stages last year, it was embarrassing at times, if we work REALLY hard on Defence without neglecting the other aspects of the game then I think anything is POSSIBLE.

Even if we don't have Hodko or Carney in the team Barrett being an ex half will have the likes of Croker, Hastings,T. Wright or who ever he thinks deserving of a crack ready to slide into the first team.

So we won't lose too much to start with and they will only improve under the guidance of a Coach like Barrett.

Predicting where we will finish is like calling the lotto numbers before we have even had trial yet and as we all know they are not always a true indication of how the Team's will go.

If we can keep our better players on the field at the sharp end of the season and with a little luck with the bounce of the ball and fairness with the Ref's then anything is possible, we could just miss the Eight or we could just win the whole competition.

Who knows but if we can get our defence in order..... and I mean to a level where we are the envy of the rest of competition ( I know that's easier said than done) ..... But if we could then I think we could win the comp.

Think positive .....

If we've prepared correctly and addressed last years deficiencies we could go very close to winning it .......... :clap::clap::clap:

Holmsey

Bencher
I think its time I changed my tone, my outlook for the 2018 season has been pretty negativive in the fact I had us missing the 8. But my view has been purely based off the PTSD that was going into 2016 without a 6, that season changed my view but we actually will have a 6 come 2018 start, 2016 Walker wasnt a 6, we had 3 centres in our team. Croker who looks likely to get the nod for the 6 is an actual half, he can kick and pass and is very fast and fit and he is one player I am very excited to watch in 2018. Overall as a team its pretty hard to say we wont have improved, we gain a rep quality backrower in Thompson who has a lot of experience, we will have a new face in the halves and a season sprinkled with the debuts of a number of young guns. Also we get Taufua back who was heavily underrated and we really felt the impact of his injury as soon as it happened. All the new combos will be into their second year and everyone will improve on their seasons past gaining more experience.

While I still think top 4 may be a stretch although I must not forget we were sitting comfortably in the top 4 late in the season before a number of key injuries hit. Top 8 is very likely, right now with a more positive outlook I think we can get 6th maybe 5th if we go really well. (P.S I dont think Ive been more pumped for a season)

The McCarrs Creek Eagle

DEFENCE MUST BE THE FIRST PRIORITY
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That's the way Turbo...... And your right to be excited for 2018 we have a lot of talent in our very young squad and they will only improve...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14