everyone writing us off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I dunno, I've been too busy boinking your mother/wife/goldfish.

Works a treat, no downside.

!
Talk about a distraction or diversion , but are you are sure there is no down side ? Think that i would just theoretically take the easy route and tell them they are bonkers .

They wrote us off in 11 also with a supposebly no name half . Well that ended well. I remember a couple of years back the roosters were 1.06 and we were 6.00 same story . I just reply with blow it out your arse.
Our talking wont get us there . Its up to all the players to step up from last season . Each year each teams roster becomes stronger and we cant rest on last years laurels where we made the eight and than we were out classed in the semis .

I still laugh at those who this time last year (you know who you are) thought we would either get our first wooden spoon or would finish bottom 4.....and that Barrett would be sacked by mid-season (especially after our often predicted 1-7 start.....).

We were in fact top 4 until an injury induced form slump mid-season saw us finally finish 6th. And far from being sacked, Barrett's contract was extended until at least 2020.

Other than who will play 5/8 and the inclusion of Thompson (essentially replacing BJ), we have a very settled squad with arguably more depth than we had in 2017.....and even if the NRL do reduce our cap by $400k, we won't have around $1.5 million of it getting paid to sit on the sidelines for the whole year.

Reasons why Manly will be successful this coming season:

X I don't think there is one other team, that will have as much consistency roster wise as us (that equates to chemistry)
X We are still one of the youngest clubs in the NRL (IF not the youngest)
X Jorge Taufua & Curtis Sironen are almost adds (based on injury last season), on top of Thompson
X 15 out of our top 30, are playing contract years
X Manly are a team that have always responded well to people writing them off
X Depth. Our depth is much deeper & more quality than it has been in a very long time (players vying for positions)
X Stability in the coaching ranks and in the back office.
X Top team on paper, has VERY little holes in it
X Younger, faster, more skilled.

01. Tom Trbojevic (should get SOO experience this season)
02. Jorge Taufua (Back after being away all off season - looks like a beast in his pictures)
03. Brian Kelly (finished the season on fire, and had a cracking off season I've heard)
04. Dylan Walker (Is all class, as we all know)
05. Akuila Uate (The 2017 surprise packet, will certainly carry that forward)
06. XXXXXXXXXX (unsure, this is our only unknown right now, but lots of players vying for it)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (Looks so much more comfortable in his skin these days)
08. Darcy Lussick (will have a huge bounce back season with a full off season)
09. Apisai Koroisou (Became one of the elite Hookers last season)
10. Marty Taupau (one of the top 10 forwards in the game statistically as well as being destructive)
11. Joel Thompson (absolute machine, and rep forward still relatively young)
12. Curtis Sironen (Our whole team lifted when he was there for some reason. Beast)
13. Jake Trbojevic (Australian starting rep now, and for good reason)

14. Lewis Brown (Much maligned, but gives 100% every game, international experience)
15. Addin Fonua-Blake (Pushing for a starting spot, one of the most destructive international quality forwards)
16. Lloyd Perrett (amazing off loader, should go to another level after being in the QLD emerging squad)
17. Frank Winterstein (could easily be in the starting 13, now international experience, will be huge impact)

Honestly, I'm expecting top 4, but a lot hinges on the success of whatever 5/8 we have.

Our talking wont get us there . Its up to all the players to step up from last season . Each year each teams roster becomes stronger and we cant rest on last years laurels where we made the eight and than we were out classed in the semis .
Agree mate but Manly seem to have that seige mentality strength, backs against the wall stuff that other sides dont have . Your right we cannot rest on our laurels as we still have to turn up and im sure Barrett is pumping that into all of them . Its us against the world my friend , just how we like it .

Tom Trbojevic - Heir apparent to Slater's Kangaroos jumper.
Jorge Taufua - Back from injury, we all saw what we missed without him.
Dylan Walker - Would have been a Kangaroo but for the PM's XIII injury.
Brian Kelly - Should be more confident with a year under his belt.
Akuila Uate - Back to his best and was the standout for Fiji in the WC.
Jackson Hastings - Goal kicker who will shine with our international spine.
Daly Cherry-Evans - Would be a current rep player if not blackballed by Qld.
Martin Taupau - Found his spot at prop.
Api Koroisau - Arguably the best #9 in league behind only Smith.
Darcy Lussick - Time to prove that he is a leader.
Joel Thompson - Adds starch and experience to the back row.
Curtis Sironen - Showed he can be even better than his old man was.
Jake Trbojevic - The #1 lock in rugby league today.

Addin Fonua-Blake - Future Kiwi front rower will continue to improve.
Lloyd Perrett - Needs to show continued improvement.
Frank Winterstein - Probably more suited to bench impact.
Lewis Brown - There for his utility value, but doesn't shirk the task.

And that is just my opinion of who our top 17 is likely to be.

Without even a trail game being played everyone is writing us off
Losing Green is like losing Jamie Lyon
Absolute devastation
untitled.png

We're used to it.

Must admit it's been hilarious the last few years to see the experts continuously pick the Tigers (and to a certain extent the dragons/ souths) only to see them go down in the flames that the rest of us could predict.

They wrote us off in 11 also with a supposebly no name half . Well that ended well. I remember a couple of years back the roosters were 1.06 and we were 6.00 same story . I just reply with blow it out your arse.
We won a 20s comp, signed a hard nosed winner in thommo. Kiwi fans are pissed at losing sipley. We will be fine

I always prefer these years when we are written off, as typically we seem to over achieve in those years. The loss of Blake Green, whilst a loss, is being built up as though we have lost say an Andrew Johns from Newcastle. The reality is he was steady, and if Hastings, Cullen or whoever can step up, then we haven't lost a massive amount. Even people on here who bagged him senseless suddenly believe we've lost the worlds greatest 5/8. I think Baz is starting to realize what it means to be a Sea Eagle. It means embrace the hate.

My biggest concern is 5/8 DCE has shown he can't do it on his own.
None of the blokes in the squad are tested and proven at NRL level in that position. Hopefully someone steps up and makes it thier own. I'm not against Hodko if he can run and kick.
There are some smaller issues;
The teams on field discipline.
Forward depth worries me, alot of "potential"
SoO could be devestating for us this year.
Had a great run with injuries last year, rarley happens two in a row, fingers crossed

I'm really 50/50 on our chances this year

I don't think we have the squad to win it, but who knows how the season will turn out once it is off paper and in reality. I'm ten times more confident than this time last year. Top four would be a great year for mine, top 8 a success but hopes are higher. Anything less than that a major failure. If we can keep bulk of the top squad on the field all season and owning their positions, then a little waste removal turned into a couple of solid buys for next year and could really make a run at it in 19/20. For mine, consistency / 80 minute efforts is the big thing I'm looking for this season. The major roster tweaking has now been done. No excuses now. Key players locked in for multiple seasons so shouldn't be too many contract issues this season other than a few off contract needing to step up if they want to get a new one, but main focus on strengthening any weak spots with sugar on top type signings.

I like the look of our forwards now (with JT), and with potential from Sipley, Paseka and Olakauátu (please give him a nickname!). But significant question marks in the backs - unknown 5/8, Walker serious injury, two wingers who can't catch a ball.
Definitely more confident of 8 than last year, but top 4 looks very optimistic.

Tom Trbojevic - Heir apparent to Slater's Kangaroos jumper.
Jorge Taufua - Back from injury, we all saw what we missed without him.
Dylan Walker - Would have been a Kangaroo but for the PM's XIII injury.
Brian Kelly - Should be more confident with a year under his belt.
Akuila Uate - Back to his best and was the standout for Fiji in the WC.
Jackson Hastings - Goal kicker who will shine with our international spine.
Daly Cherry-Evans - Would be a current rep player if not blackballed by Qld.
Martin Taupau - Found his spot at prop.
Api Koroisau - Arguably the best #9 in league behind only Smith.
Darcy Lussick - Time to prove that he is a leader.
Joel Thompson - Adds starch and experience to the back row.
Curtis Sironen - Showed he can be even better than his old man was.
Jake Trbojevic - The #1 lock in rugby league today.

Addin Fonua-Blake - Future Kiwi front rower will continue to improve.
Lloyd Perrett - Needs to show continued improvement.
Frank Winterstein - Probably more suited to bench impact.
Lewis Brown - There for his utility value, but doesn't shirk the task.

And that is just my opinion of who our top 17 is likely to be.
I love Jake and even he is second to Taumalolo.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been asked: "So, Manly's been cheating the salary cap, eh?"
I'm sure all of you have been confronted by the same innuendo.
My stock answer is that "it's not our go" and then launch into a diatribe about the NRL's anti-Manly agenda. When I see their eyes glaze over I know I've bored them to death.
Any other suggestions for responses to such pointed Manly barbs?
Tell the haters they are lucky Arko isn't running the show

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12