Elliott

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Safe as a bank with his handling and his positioning and urgency (barring the first try) was quite good.

But he lacks any thrust and threat in attack. His kick returns are less effectual than snake with his bad knees at the end of his career. Where is the pace/evasiveness that everyone said he had?

Safe as a bank with his handling and his positioning and urgency (barring the first try) was quite good.

But he lacks any thrust and threat in attack. His kick returns are less effectual than snake with his bad knees at the end of his career. Where is the pace/evasiveness that everyone said he had?
Des probably gave him a simple game plan to ease him into FB in front of a huge angry crowd.

Brendan did enough to help his team mates get the win :happy:

Well done!!! No one gave us a chance with Tommy out but Elliot did very well and will no doubt give him more confidence moving forward.

Hand up here, I called him average. He really knuckled down. Would love to see him full of confidence, and run back with a bit more oomf at their defensive line.
Same as Elgey. They kind of play too controlled.

Hand up here, I called him average. He really knuckled down. Would love to see him full of confidence, and run back with a bit more oomf at their defensive line.
Same as Elgey. They kind of play too controlled.

Maybe frightened to **** up so just playing to Des’s plan

Brendon Elliot got one of my votes for his game against Newcastle tonight. Wasn't much of an attacking threat like we see from Tommy, but he was as safe as you can get at fullback tonight.

Just a note on how reliable this young player is under the high ball.

Ran 130+ meters, made most of his tackles

Really underrated in our Team yet in the most exposed position :clap:

Good job Brendan
giphy.gif

Good job Brendan
giphy.gif
Agreed totally. As I said a while ago - reminds me a lot of Michael Robertson just in his ability to get the job done. Not spectacular at all but totally reliable.

Good job Brendan
giphy.gif
Went really well and can see Des has got in his ear about making effort supporting the ball.....looked lively and that option of support is what creates pressure on the defence and helps the runner win a quick play ball...
Elliott has filled in admirably for most and the confidence to hit Taufua who busted them open on 1 particular return, was pretty special, plus he made a few tackle breaks in general play.
The only blemish was that last Canberra try, but the footy can be cruel at times and that grubber played into the Raiders hands, but all round he was really good out there, with 16 others who had a rock solid dig.

Agreed totally. As I said a while ago - reminds me a lot of Michael Robertson just in his ability to get the job done. Not spectacular at all but totally reliable.
He has joined the Alan (Hound) Maddalena, Ross (Sooty) Windshuttle, Michael (Robbo) Robertson Club.

I nearly threw Mike Eden in there, but he was really a halfback substituting for Wombat. Plus he took the money and ran (to Easts initially). A big loss at the time.

Serviceable fullback, hasn’t got the attacking nous to be considered a natural fullback, but played very well yesterday. With dce out our attacking arsenal is pretty bare and I hope he can offer a bit more than he has

He is certainly safe back there

Has shown a lot of ticker as he has been hammered in each game but keeps getting up and going again. Proving to be a competent replacement.

Serviceable fullback, hasn’t got the attacking nous to be considered a natural fullback, but played very well yesterday. With dce out our attacking arsenal is pretty bare and I hope he can offer a bit more than he has

He is certainly safe back there

Could be he's still settling into the role (did I hear that was only his 10th game at FB yesterday?).

He's possibly just been concentrating on being safe at the back before he starts thinking about going for a scamper - a bit like how Brad Parker has come along this season.

I actually think he showed a bit more attack yesterday and he is growing on me. He has a great technique when jumping for the high ball and is pretty safe in that regard. He is a better player than Matty Wright which is he who he replaced. At the game I thought he made a huge blunder with that last Canberra try however upon watching the replay there was not a lot he could have done

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7