Elliott

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gee some of you are blood hard markers on newbies. Thank god DES is coach and he seems to be talking this bloke up every chance he gets. No internal standards not met here folks. DES says he is a consummate professional.
He maybe a “newby” at Manly but not to first grade.He’s an honest toiler but makes a minimum 3 errors a game,whether it’s handling or a read in defence

Elliot is going ok. His try scoring record suggests he’s more than just a solid defender and has some attacking flair. As his confidence improves he’ll get better. Unfortunately the reason his confidence will improve is because Tommy’s out but he will do a decent job.

I love how these guys say he is ordinary, or not a first grader, after he just covered an important position after we lost one of our best players mid game... like they are some sort of experts lol, armchair critics, give the guy a break ffs....
Couple of NRL games and the kiddie does all the basics well.

Give him time to get used to the intensity and the new structures and Brendan will be a Brookie fave :clap:

Gosiewski in the 2nd half was better than Suli at centre. Gave 100% and was not lazy in D
Playing second rowers at centre is not the way forward especially a second rower that in all the games I’ve seen you wouldn’t say decision making and game awareness is at the top of his attributes.40 minutes is one thing; playing centre with opposition coaches knowing you are going to play there is another. Let him play where he has always played.

Suli isn’t killing it but hes going ok and has to play with Garrick on the right( id prefer Garrick in centre).

Playing second rowers at centre is not the way forward especially a second rower that in all the games I’ve seen you wouldn’t say decision making and game awareness is at the top of his attributes.40 minutes is one thing; playing centre with opposition coaches knowing you are going to play there is another. Let him play where he has always played.

Suli isn’t killing it but hes going ok and has to play with Garrick on the right( id prefer Garrick in centre).

LOL. I wasn't suggesting Ski play centre full time!!

If Suli hadn't been dropped, would Brendan have been in instead of Parker?

I don't think Des would have put a back on the bench in case Turbo pulled up hurt.

The Universe has a way of balancing the yin and yang :nerd:

I love how these guys say he is ordinary, or not a first grader, after he just covered an important position after we lost one of our best players mid game... like they are some sort of experts lol, armchair critics, give the guy a break ffs....

Go on .... you know you wanted to call them numbnuts ........ just do it ..... it is liberating ...

I’m yet to be convinced Elliot has the scope in his game to “flourish” I think what we see now is what we are going to get in the future. I don’t think he will lose is any games but I don’t think he will win us any either.

That been said, he is our fullback for the next two months or so and I will encourage, critique and applaud in the measures his performances dictate. I hope he gain confidence knowing the position is his at present.

I still think Garrick is worth a crack, certainly looks to have a bit more to him as a player.

Well he gets a chance to make the spot his own now, given Turbo is out for a lengthy stint. Is there anyone behind him putting pressure on ?? Not that I know of....our fullback depth is threadbare. Walker has filled in there previously, but we all know he isn't currently in the mix. Maybe Garrick is the only other option perhaps ? Croker has played some fullback too so he could be an option.

The issue I have with Elliot is his lack of physicality - he gets ragdolled on most kick returns and hit ups. Doesn't get our sets off to a great start.

Elliott gets his chance

and now

It is make it or break it for him

This is your moment Brendan . Make the most of it feathered friend

The thing with Elliott is that he is an improvement on what we had
Given a chance he will build his confidence with the team and settle in to play naturally ,he may not rise to higher honours , but as long as he puts in a 100% when he is out there that’s all we can ask and if another player comes along that gives the team more well it’s up to him to play well enough to keep them out

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9