ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ella Kasmar

Reserve Grader
There's no doubt we have a big interest in Elgey but it will be if we are prepared to throw the dollars at him to come.

If we are just a bit above the offer from the Titans he will stay, so again we will probably get screwed on cap to nab him.

And of course whilst he has loads of potential , he's played 3 games and so we would be investing heavily in a " maybe" future star.

For my point of view I'd rather offer a bit more to an established half and bring up a JLJ or Travers to learn from him.

Travers has really stepped up in Holden Cup this year and is also their captain. But his five-eighth pairing Will Pearsall has been outstanding too, very creative player and is currently in first place for most line break assists, so he knows how to create an opportunity.

JenEagle

Bencher
Travers has really stepped up in Holden Cup this year and is also their captain. But his five-eighth pairing Will Pearsall has been outstanding too, very creative player and is currently in first place for most line break assists, so he knows how to create an opportunity.
If Elgey, Maloney etc dont want to come and Hodkinson is our only option then maybe we should just stick with travers and pearsall.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I was thinking more of the " good sort " angle , but she's pretty cluey and unlike Molan I think she's a real league tragic , sadly yes a Dragon fan.

What makes you think Erin Molan is not a league tragic?

I've met her and all she talked about was footy, knew her stuff too

Raiders obsessed!!

Last edited:

sheridanstand78

First Grader
If these guys are allowed to develop our halves problem could be dealt with quite easily, I think they are both 2 years away from getting to 1st grade so in the mean time we need at least one experienced half to fill the void.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Someone was interested in trying to entice Bryce Gibbs out of retirement, and rumour has it that it was Tooves, which is a real worry.
2V explained this on NRL360. His rationale was that both BJ and Starlo got long term injuries pre season. So he needed an old head for a year as Kingy and Choc were not in the pack to steer the young guys.@:cool:

Kelly suggested/recruited LBurgess as he knows better than the Coach. Luke is OK, but his not a hard head like Gibbs :banghead:

tookey

First Grader
With Fulton now in charge there is no way Gibbs would ever be allowed to play in Manly colours after what he did to Kane Cleal.

I get the feeling that once we announce the signing of Elgey, there will be a much better feeling around the place. The next two weeks will be good for us. Key players back from injury, starting to find some form and major singing announcements.
Let the healing commence
I reckon she's a real honey, and yes that voice does get you!!

Sorry to all the female Silvertails again but we know how you lust for Wolfie and Snakie .
Im with you Mark,Lara Pitt anyday@;)

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
2V explained this on NRL360. His rationale was that both BJ and Starlo got long term injuries pre season. So he needed an old head for a year as Kingy and Choc were not in the pack to steer the young guys.@:cool:

Kelly suggested/recruited LBurgess as he knows better than the Coach. Luke is OK, but his not a hard head like Gibbs :banghead:
I'd still score that:

Joe Kelly 1: Tooves 0

Mavin

Bencher
Gibbs is terrible has always been terrible why in the hell would Toovey even suggest him is unfathomable.

I also think Joe was going with a long term plan (didn't work) but pick up Luke and maybe the talented brothers or at least 1 may come our way.

JenEagle

Bencher
We will never know however Tooves didn't make three top 4 finishes in a row without having some idea. Lurgess goes ok however Gibbs May have brought some much needed mongrel.

Mavin

Bencher
Gibbs was gone at the sharks anyone who suggested buying Williame (toovey involved) should have purchasing power revoked.

We already have 1 player way past his best (which was better than gibbs) in Mason he is meant to be our Mongrel.

Snake

Snake's Alive!

I'd take Luke Burgess over Bryce Gibbs anyday. Gibbs was nothing more than a mouth, who used to clown around at training and exercise his warped, childish, and less than funny sense of humour amongst team mates. I barely remember him doing more than plodding along for 8-9 seasons, and every time he tried to bring the mongrel, the opposition pack would silence him by sitting him on his backside.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Thanks Ella I don't get to see many Under 20's games so your reports and insight are very useful, thanks again!!

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car
Obviously when we bought mason we didn't plan on having Lawrence and Starling missing all these freaking games.
Same with Luke burgess, they were just supposed to be impact/bench players, injuries have forced them to play more minutes and with less experienced forwards.
It would also be nice if elgey could sign up real quick so we can get some happy news.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16