ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yes I am saying it has peaked under the current interchange rules-----meaning under the current conditions if they continued on coaches would be more inclined to direct funds into forwards and a little less on top range halves---the trend would be of halves getting a little less of the cap space.

Halves with explosive off the mark speed and stepping like your Shaun Johnson will attract the big money to take advantage of tired defensive lines. In saying that me personally I prefer ballplaying halves ahead of ball running halves if I had the choice---obviously the balance of a little of both is the perfect choice but hard to find.

Ballplayers have more options and harder to shut down than ball runners with limited ballplaying options and a reduced overall skillset----in a fatigue based line break environment though you don't require as many ballplaying skills or options to make a mark.

No DCE's and Forans payment is at the top of the percentage of cap scale----basically like selling your house at the top of the housing market.
Well lucky them!!

In a purely dollars sense they picked it well.

Well lucky them!!

In a purely dollars sense they picked it well.
No idea who's idea it was to have both halves coming off contract at the same time doubling up the players bargaining power in the process, at the club they currently play for and on the open market.

It was the perfect case scenario for these young halves, maybe it was designed this way in mind from the player managers or one of the player managers to have it this way.

Manly were desperate to keep both players for a few more years at the time so allowed this scenario to happen.

One of the halves at the time should of been made a "Priority signing for the long term"--a record breaking contract like the Buddy Franklin contract----on serious money to prevent this from happening---if this meant losing one so be it.(not a hindsight comment either was in favour of keeping Foran long term at the time)

WOW if LG knocked back our offer where to from here ? I notice even the raiders are now attracting players. CMON bozo lets get some action happening we need players !!

I don;t see it - we are acting out of desperation by going past our lower graders.
Maybe Bozo will redress the mess that is recruitment @:cool:
Don't forget how young the Tiger's halves are. I think we are better to have at least one experienced half though . I have heard Gus saying playing in NRL when so young puts players at risk of long term injuries.

LG is a good half and I can see why he would want to not sign with the Eagles. DCE and Foran wouldn't; so why should he?

TBH our real only hope are the kids in reggies and 20's.

Every offer we make is either low balled or borderline value. Manly isn't that club anymore; grow up Kelly

Rule No 1 - Players signed should WANT to be here....we have a few apparent Superstars demonstrating how important attitude is when the likes of Blake Austin on $250,000 looks like the next immortal compared to our 2 million plus halves...obviously had a better platform to work off, but also seemed to be bouncing around with enthusiasm all game.
Elgey could be the answer but not the saviour, 2 big intimidating forwards a must.

Rule No 1 - Players signed should WANT to be here....we have a few apparent Superstars demonstrating how important attitude is when the likes of Blake Austin on $250,000 looks like the next immortal compared to our 2 million plus halves...obviously had a better platform to work off, but also seemed to be bouncing around with enthusiasm all game.
Elgey could be the answer but not the saviour, 2 big intimidating forwards a must.
Was thinking the same about Elgey, no point in offering him overs if he wants to stay where he is.
Blake Austin is all ticker. What he might lack in raw talent, compared to our two, he makes up for in heart and determination. I see him as someone who has done it tough growing up and appreciates the opportunity the Raiders have given him.

LG is a good half and I can see why he would want to not sign with the Eagles. DCE and Foran wouldn't; so why should he?

TBH our real only hope are the kids in reggies and 20's.

Every offer we make is either low balled or borderline value. Manly isn't that club anymore; grow up Kelly

It's clear now that we may as well wait to October, troll through the dregs , and get enough to field a team in 2016.

And build through the juniors, and at some point we will show some promise and we might jag a decent signing and be able to move forward.

We will be back but certainly not anytime real soon.

There was a small piece on Austin on Fox today saying that Sezer's arrival may push him out.
Austin would be someone who has the right attitude and experience that would help Manly @:cool:

There was a small piece on Austin on Fox today saying that Sezer's arrival may push him out.
Austin would be someone who has the right attitude and experience that would help Manly @:cool:
I didn't see that but I am clearly a Blake Austin fan . He would be a great pickup if true. He is from Doonside so I am sure would love life on The Northern Beaches.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11