ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just heard DCE on 2UE and you could hear the disappointment in his voice at the results and really made a plea for the fans to rally around the team.

Which fans though? Real fans, or the so called fans he talks about?

edit:If dce wants to stay so bad....he can still accept a lesser $$$ offer.

Just sayin'

Here's an interesting scenario...
1. In the next couple of weeks we sign LG.
2. On the eve of the June 30 deadline, Chez reneges on the Titans & stays.

BOOM...we have the hottest potential young talent partnered with a test and origin half. Life is Good again & with Sezer off to the Raiders, the titans are left with Daniel Mortimer as their marquee half.

Wave good bye to Foz and say woo hoo we just saved a mill. Foz is a tough cookie, but he is no orchestrator. Cherry on the other hand. If Thurston is currently the best, this bloke is not far behind. And at his age I seriously think he will only get so much better. He should be kicking goals for us never understood why he isn't taking the kicks.

If Hodkinson who can't ball play, can't sprint past an ant is worth 750 stuff me Kelly's own logic must be telling him Cherry is worth a mill or more. We can build a team and stay a force in the next 5 years around DCE. If he goes or we retain Foz we are rebuilding for the next 5 at least.

If Bozo is in charge and cherry wants to play for Australia ever again i think it is a pretty easy decision for DCE to make combined with an upgraded deal isn't it.

And by all reports Kelly or the Manly Board be it this one, the prior one or them both combined. One allegedly saying yes we will give DCE 1.2. Then Kelly says sorry can only afford 800k.

If you know the club can offer you more, got your hopes up, well i guess you and your scum bag agent do some low acts to put some pressure back on the other way.

Bottom lined, Kelly ****ed it. It's time he pulled his head out of his arse, bit some pride and got Chez to back flip and fixed it.
Am I the only one sick of hearing how Kelly ****ed the DCE negotiation? Does anyone else here know how negotiations work???

This "offer" DCE had from the old board - for some ridiculous amount - what did that actually mean for the rest of the squad? Did that take into account the fact our pack needs a complete overhaul to remain competitive? Or was that based on the false positive of our equal first finish last year so we just resign the halves and its business as usual?

The fact Hodgko is asking for 750 doesn't mean ****, other than that clubs are overpaying for ****ty halves. What about the 400K Hunt signed for or the 500K Reynolds signed for? To me those deals are much more indicative of where the level for halves is, not the price paid on a dwindling pool of mediocre talent.

DCE's deal with the player option after the second year is a terrible deal for the Titans. He can walk out after two years which means he can begin negotiating a new deal after just one ****ing year. He was right to sign it because he a) gets his money and b) retains all bargaining power. I would be furious if our clubs management signed off on a similar deal.

FFS let this one go already!

The fact Hodgko is asking for 750 doesn't mean ****, other than that clubs are overpaying for ****ty halves. What about the 400K Hunt signed for or the 500K Reynolds signed for? To me those deals are much more indicative of where the level for halves is, not the price paid on a dwindling pool of mediocre talent.

While I agree that Hodgkinson is adding to the overpricing of halves, I take Hunt and Renoylds values with a grain of salt.

They come from bongos and souffs. 2 clubs with alot of money and a history of playing the salary cap game quite well (or you know, ignoring it). I wouldnt be surprised if Hunt and renoylds are actually being paid 700K.

While I agree that Hodgkinson is adding to the overpricing of halves, I take Hunt and Renoylds values with a grain of salt.

They come from bongos and souffs. 2 clubs with alot of money and a history of playing the salary cap game quite well (or you know, ignoring it). I wouldnt be surprised if Hunt and renoylds are actually being paid 700K.

Of course and possibly more!!

$400k on the books $400k in brown paper bags!

Ok then if Reynolds is on 700 he is still a 7 who kicks goals (quite well) so would you rather him at that price or DCE at a million plus?

Also the fact we can't match 3rd party deals after a decade of finals footy is a bit of a problem.

Barkin up the right tree there Nic, but I guess I should leaf this topic alone & branch out to something new and twig to something else. I guess this all stems............

And more dad jokes ad infinitum.......................

I almost got wood i was so excited

So this thread has been taken away from Elgey and back to Foran/DCE/Kelly like every second thread

Its about time we jsut make a super thread I think

So this thread has been taken away from Elgey and back to Foran/DCE/Kelly like every second thread

Its about time we jsut make a super thread I think

I did try and get it back on topic last night, but clearly I failed!!

Barkin up the right tree there Nic, but I guess I should leaf this topic alone & branch out to something new and twig to something else. I guess this all stems............

And more dad jokes ad infinitum.......................
I bough to your superior dad joking, devine! - I could try but won't have mulch to offer () so will cease lest arbor you.

BOOM...we have the hottest potential young talent partnered with a test and origin half. Life is Good again & with Sezer off to the Raiders, the titans are left with Daniel Mortimer as their marquee half.
All part of Kellys cunning plan, perhaps?

and then...
you wake up

Ok then if Reynolds is on 700 he is still a 7 who kicks goals (quite well) so would you rather him at that price or DCE at a million plus?

Also the fact we can't match 3rd party deals after a decade of finals footy is a bit of a problem.

I agree loobs, If hypothetically reynolds is on 7-800K, then DCE is not worth 1.2M, especially at the moment.

Mabye we can match 3rd party deals, but instead we need to buy some brown paper bags and a marina full of 'loaner boats'.

I agree loobs, If hypothetically reynolds is on 7-800K, then DCE is not worth 1.2M, especially at the moment.

Mabye we can match 3rd party deals, but instead we need to buy some brown paper bags and a marina full of 'loaner boats'.
This is why we need a property developer like Aranda to come on board. $X in contract money plus a your Mum gets a new apartment in Collaroy for $0...

Is Elgey or anyone coming to Manly next year? Cannot see any signings until the coaching situation is sorted out one way or another

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8