Elgey Improving

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep it’s not perfect for sure. You can’t get perfect with subjective opinions.

But when the winners are players like RTS , Tomololo , JT , Smith , Cronk , Slater etc they usually get it pretty close to right. I’ve never seen a player who is not regarded as elite win it.

No they don’t. They have nothing to do with it. They are awarded usually by high profile ex players / journalists working in the media like Brandy , Andrew Ryan etc Refs have not been involved for decades.The Rothmans medal was voted on by the referees and finished with the SuperLeague War in the mid 90s.
No worries,thanks for the info,but I am judging it on what I have seen,I don't let others make my judgements for me.Not saying I know more than them,just saying that is what I have seen.It is the same in the NFL,players who get their hands on the ball the most always get the MVP awards,in the NRL it is halves,fullbacks and hookers in general and in the NFL it is always quarterbacks,it depends on who you view as being the most responsible for influencing a game.Anyway this sxxt is getting way off track lol,still think he is a bit predictable in attack(point stands regardless of how many DM points he gets)

A different 'expert' awards Dally M points for each match in a round.

A lot of these are from the DT like Rothfield or Paul Kent, or commentators like Walters, Alexander or Kimmorley.

I generally don't care that much about the Dally M's as it becomes fairly obvious that some players seem to keep accruing points just for turning up, regardless of how well they play, losing side or not.
God,that is even less credible than refs...(sorry for talking about God,don't crucify me..jokes,just jokes)

Sorry not sure your point Joe. And blokes don’t get consistent two or three points by a different judges every week and be favourite to win Dally M if they are ordinary.

DCE is playing halfback He will be playing halfback for Qld and Munster will be 5/8.

The thread is about Kane’s improvement at 5/8 isn’t it...he is progressing ok and I think he has skills and have always maintained after watching him play for years as a junior that if he can get his confidence and physical presence in order he’ll be good for us. Ive been one of his biggest supporters.

Kane is a 5/8. Munster is a five eight, As is Keary.Thats why their names were mentioned. Where DCE fits in is confusing
And no I wouldn’t swap him for any other halfback.
Sorry,you had me confused,your original post didn't specify you were talking about five eighths,thought you were talking about halves in general before your edit.

God,that is even less credible than refs...(sorry for talking about God,don't crucify me..jokes,just jokes)
Ha ha

All good

Someone has to do it though Not sure who is more qualified than ex players ! Really don’t think there is another option. How about Toddy does it!!

Maybe you and I Joe! At least you’d know it would not be close lol

I think playing 6 in a new team is much harder than many of us believe. He is 6 games into his career at Manly and it will take time. Good spines take a couple of seasons to gel. Even Cronk, Smith and Slater took a while to get going early in their careers. Tom T and Chez have struck up a good combination but they’ve had time.

All we need from Elgey at this stage is to hold his own in defence (which is he doing) and provide an option when Chez doesn’t have one. He is improving. We won’t see the fruits of his labour until the back end of the season but he is moving in the right direction. Put it this way, he is better than Croker was last year!

I know you are just being a little bit naughty,but on another note...Munster has not been that impressive this year,good defender but without Slater their attack has struggled and become a little predictable.Munster has become a bit predictable in his attack too.

I was, but being honest, Elgey is a playmaker that's been here 5 minutes, and people are bagging him. The same one's who call me negative.
Jesus, give the guy some time. He has obvious skill. He'll get comfortable , then with Walker, AFB and Turbo back, lookout.

Thought he took a slight backward step tonight after being pretty happy with his steady improvement thus far..After last week his confidence should have been high but didn’t really get into game for some reason. Has skill but just needs to back himself more. Defence is better but needs to contribute and take pressure off DCE.DCE was playing both sides of the field at times today which is a good thing but part of the reason is Kane not involving himself more.
To me Kane doesn't have that competitive personality streak in him to be a constant threat, has skill and will look good at times with time and space but i just don't see a player who wants to hone his craft especially at the line.

Milford, although obviously a lot more talented than Kane, has similar issues. Both need to embrace the phyicsl side of the game more. Milford seems to be great when a gap appears naturally but doesn’t seem to want to hit the line at pace and keep defenders in doubt to create his own space.Five eights need to be prepared to get nailed now and again.Foran at his best was a great example.A tiny Maloney also plays above his weight.

Kane and Milford aren’t physically powerful but still need to commit to the run more. Confidence is a big thing. A bit of success taking on the defenders and it can become a different game quickly.

Milford, although obviously a lot more talented than Kane, has similar issues. Both need to embrace the phyicsl side of the game more. Milford seems to be great when a gap appears naturally but doesn’t seem to want to hit the line at pace and keep defenders in doubt to create his own space.Five eights need to be prepared to get nailed now and again.Foran at his best was a great example.A tiny Maloney also plays above his weight.

Kane and Milford aren’t physically powerful but still need to commit to the run more. Confidence is a big thing. A bit of success taking on the defenders and it can become a different game quickly.
"A lot more talented" or more light footed and sharp on his feet that comes across as more talented.

I would always take ball playing/passing abilities over running capabilities everyday of the week in the 7,6 and 9 positions, naturally halves should be sharper over short distances due to size anyway so not really the prime focus when looking to fill these roles.

"A lot more talented" or more light footed and sharp on his feet that comes across as more talented.

I would always take ball playing/passing abilities over running capabilities everyday of the week in the 7,6 and 9 positions, naturally halves should be sharper over short distances due to size anyway so not really the prime focus when looking to fill these roles.
What do you think of Wighton at 5/8 for the Raiders? He’s a big fast running 5/8 type, and looked good vs the Broncs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8