El Masri - Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate the Dogs, actually I hate all the teams except ours.  El Masri is/was a good club player who could kick goals.  You doggy loving wimps, don't ever think that any of their supporters would wish Manly anything.  What's wrong with you people.  Stiffen up. 

DSM5 link said:
I hate the Dogs, actually I hate all the teams except ours.  El Masri is/was a good club player who could kick goals.  You doggy loving wimps, don't ever think that any of their supporters would wish Manly anything.  What's wrong with you people.  Stiffen up. 

I dont think that nor do I care whether they do, what anyone else thinks or does either.

In my book I have enjoyed the games, besides them beating us at the start of the year that I have seen the bulldogs play. I dont stop watching the footy just because Manly get bundled out if and when they do, I keep watching and enjoy it better if I can at least half heartedly get behind another team for the remainder of the finals etc

Agree it is good that they have turned things around but supporting them?

Sorry when Manly get knocked out I watch the games but would never support another team

The Dogs are doing a deal so all members of an NRL club can attend his final regular season match for free, good idea, is against the Warriors i think

Your free ticket to Hazem El Masri's farewell

By Josh Massoud | July 01, 2009 12:00am

RETIRING Bulldogs great Hazem El Masri could play his final home game in front of a record Sydney premiership crowd after more than 110,000 fans were welcomed to celebrate the occasion free of charge.

Hours after El Masri, 33, announced his retirement at an emotional Belmore Oval press conference yesterday, Bulldogs officials sent out invitations to members of all 15 rival NRL clubs to attend the winger's farewell game against the New Zealand Warriors at ANZ Stadium in round 25. Every member of the 8000-strong Bulldogs army will also be given two free tickets for the match, which is likely to be staged on Sunday, August 30.

Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg is hopeful of a 50,000-plus turn-out that could threaten the record for a regular season game in Sydney. That mark was set way back in 1966, when 55,934 people packed into the SCG to watch St George take on Balmain. Sydney's biggest NRL crowd for a non-finals game stands at 36,526 for last year's Bulldogs-Roosters grudge match at ANZ Stadium.

"All up there's over 110,000 people who are members of an NRL club - and every one of them will be given free entry to Hazem's final home game," Greenberg said last night.

"We want to make the occasion more than a farewell for a great Bulldogs player.

"It's a farewell for a great rugby league player and we think every fan should be given the chance to be part of that."

El Masri said yesterday he was likely to take up a community relations and development role with the NRL.

I kind of like El Masri. My Dad calls him Bin Laden - Dad's one of those old fashioned old blokes.
I still hate everyone except Manly, though I only semi-hate the Titans but I fully hate them when they're playing Manly. I would prefer to see the Dogs win instead of Melbourne, Broncos or St George but we don't need to talk about this as Manly is going to make a fantastic comeback and win again this year. Manly 50 - Dogs nil.

lsz link said:
Sorry when Manly get knocked out I watch the games but would never support another team

Are you saying that in the Melbourne v Broncos grand Final you sat and watched but absolutely didnt care who won and didnt cheer on one particular team?

If so, I reckon that's pretty lame.

I am competitive by nature, and therefore feel the need to cheer for someone. To sit and watch a game and not to cheer for one of the teams just seems pointless to me.

Wouldn't watch it, nor care about those two dumb arsed teams.  When we're out, I'm out.  Manly forever.

thats a pretty small minded attitude DSM.

I love manly and hate seeing us lose, but love Rugby League so will watch pretty much every game every week and when manly are out I sit there hoping one team or the other will win.

It's human nature to pick sides.

Gotta admit also that they have some great eye candy aka cheerleaders. I remember as a youngster going to Belmore oval (back in those day's it was actually safe to venture into Belmore). I couldn't take my eyes off of one of the cheerleaders kept having a wedgie right in front of my eyes the whole game :p <G> that did leave a positive imprint on my mind, if only back then I was that tad bit older but that never stopped me  :eek: and to top off the day we smacked them in their own home ground.  ;D

Kiwi, you're right in some way.  I may watch it and make a comment on the game, but I don't care one way or the other which team wins.  To me it's the same as if Manly were out of the competition.  I wouldn't support another team or bother about the game after that.  It happened when the Manly/Norths were forced together.  I admire Ryan for changing teams, but wouldn't do it myself.

All this talk about if Manly miss the finals, who you'd support.  Blimey Dan, you had Manly totally written off early in the season and wanted to select teams for future years rather than to win games.  Currently Manly are in the eight.  If Manly do make it B2B you'll have some serious egg on that face.

DSM5 link said:
Kiwi, you're right in some way.  I may watch it and make a comment on the game, but I don't care one way or the other which team wins.  To me it's the same as if Manly were out of the competition.  I wouldn't support another team or bother about the game after that.  It happened when the Manly/Norths were forced together.  I admire Ryan for changing teams, but wouldn't do it myself.

I know what you are saying, I will just rectify that by tossing some money on the game to gain some interest, not that it will be happening this year anyway

niccipops link said:
I kind of like El Masri. My Dad calls him Bin Laden - Dad's one of those old fashioned old blokes.
I still hate everyone except Manly, though I only semi-hate the Titans but I fully hate them when they're playing Manly. I would prefer to see the Dogs win instead of Melbourne, Broncos or St George but we don't need to talk about this as Manly is going to make a fantastic comeback and win again this year. Manly 50 - Dogs nil.

Bin Laden - haha Nic your Dad's a chip off the old block... good on him!

But agree El Maz is OK and a seriously great goalkicker DSM - not just good. The NRL needs more guys like him around - esp from multicultural backgrounds who then become role models because of their cleanskin behaviour

Rex link said:
All this talk about if Manly miss the finals, who you'd support.  Blimey Dan, you had Manly totally written off early in the season and wanted to select teams for future years rather than to win games.  Currently Manly are in the eight.  If Manly do make it B2B you'll have some serious egg on that face.

oh how i quiver in my virtual boots

Dan link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=180932.msg230572#msg230572 date=1246523136]

oh how i quiver in my virtual boots
[/quote]

Dan I order you to keep quivering until second week in October....... ;D

But as others have said we'll know how things are shaping up after next few weeks - GO the mighty Sea Eagles!!

clontaago link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=180932.msg230552#msg230552 date=1246512364]

Are you saying that in the Melbourne v Broncos grand Final you sat and watched but absolutely didnt care who won and didnt cheer on one particular team?

If so, I reckon that's pretty lame.

I am competitive by nature, and therefore feel the need to cheer for someone. To sit and watch a game and not to cheer for one of the teams just seems pointless to me.
[/quote]

That is the case for me - i like to watch a game for the game and do not feel the need to "support" a team. Must come from watching football (soccer) all my life and appreciating the game not really the teams

I hated the Storm v Broncos grand final. I wanted both teams to lose. Was given free ticketst to the game and the highlight of the night was watching the Storm boys cry at the end.

If manly dont win this year i do not want anyone to win, there are 15 teams i hate and one i love, **** the dogs and any other team! one eyed and proud of it since '83, GO MANLY!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8