El Masri - Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
I really never thought I would say this, but if we dont win the comp this year I really hope the Dogs do.

They are not like the Bulldogs of old, they have cleaned out most of the dickheads they had like Mason, and even their fans seemed to have sorted themselves out.

If anyone deserved to go out a winner like the great Beaver Menzies, it would have to be El Masri. An absolute cleanskin who has shown loyalty to the dogs and has been a solid player for them for over a decade.

CliffyIsGod link said:
Cleanskin, as long as you don't ask for his I.D.

Didnt they prove some form of harassment by the police or something?

I agree Doug. I really like the style of footy they are playing this year and it reminds me a lot of Manly last year. If Manly dont make it into and through the finals I will def be getting behind the Doggies to win

All the major Doggie hatred was probably before my time

Dan link said:
[quote author=CliffyIsGod link=topic=180932.msg230497#msg230497 date=1246496960]
Cleanskin, as long as you don't ask for his I.D.

Didnt they prove some form of harassment by the police or something?

I agree Doug. I really like the style of footy they are playing this year and it reminds me a lot of Manly last year. If Manly dont make it into and through the finals I will def be getting behind the Doggies to win
[/quote]

Ban yourself

Dont remember the Cap Cheating that got them a comp a few years back Dan?

lsz link said:
1995 should be enough for any Manly Fan

Meh thats the past. This year they are a good team and playing good footy. They have cleared out the junk and are enjoyable to watch. Get over it and credit where it is due

Exactly Isz. Anyone who remembers 1995 can NEVER want the Dogs to win ever again. And that's not even including all the things they've done since then to bring the game into disrepute.

yeah they really have changed.  I remember seeing the footy show when they had their new CEO on there and they were talking about the four corners report.  an 'unnamed senior player' had been quoted as saying that he thought it was all good and should keep on with the gang bangs, and the CEO came out and said that player will never wear the blue and white.  

Never ever would I support the scum chumps, they fall into the same class as the Rorters and the Slime. If you want respect earn it.

El Masri is and has been a great player/person on and off the field but i do feel sorry for him playing in S**t club imo but all the very best for his future though.

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=180932.msg230533#msg230533 date=1246506156]
Never ever would I support the scum chumps, they fall into the same class as the Rorters and the Slime. If you want respect earn it.

OEE Scum chumps i like it Gold  ;D
[/quote]

Thanks EP, I must admit though that El Masri has always been over looked and has been a good player.

I will be going to the game with two work mates one who is a manly fan and we went to the GF last year and the other is a scum chump supporter (don't know why) been giving it to him so I hope the boys can pull a huge win on Monday otherwise I will cop it.

The CEO for the Bulldogs is Todd Greenberg. I agree with Clon, Gronk and Dan because the Doggies are no longer the club that they were thanks to this man.

I had a conversation today with a non-RL person and when I said I was going on Monday night their first response was about all the troubles in our code and what is in the papers. Greenberg has turned that around for the Doggies. IMO the main problem with RL and the bad press it gets lies at the feet of the crap club culture and the old-timers that run the game. Take a leader with balls who won't stand for the rubbish and the game willl change overnight. This applies firstly at the club level and as we know we need at the national level.

There has been a partial clean-out at the Sharks and look what they are doing. It is always hard to curb the very young who get a huge amount of attention, even idolisation, from the public but I believe it is part of a club's responsibility as employers to manage this and set the guidelines for acceptability. If the players don't like it there is always France or England.

I have never liked the Bulldogs. I hated the defensive pattern they developed after the "entertainer" days, the way they cheated, the behaviour of their players, Super League. But they have turned it around.

And yes, if any player deserves to go out on a high, like Beaver, Lazzo, Webcke etc then El Masri fits the bill. My only regret was when he was considering offers about 4 years ago we didn't put a gigantic one to him and sign him.

I will admit decades of dislike are hard to get over. But I am softening.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8