Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hat: Dear ladies and chumps.
While some of you have been prattling on proving crap opinions don't necessarily belong to the uncivilised, and others have been living their best life, I've left you all to your lockdown, grabbed ge and went to Maui.

RC7vbwO.jpg

ge hadn't seen a horizon in forever so the bugger plonked me down on some sharp lava rock and snapped away. Surprised they aren't all blurry.

jQ4Gbai.jpg

Hat: Then we went to a nice waterfall, and he shoved a metal bar up me bot bot while he gawked at said waterfall for awhile. He didn't even face me towards it!

wQpcoK2.jpg

Hat: We then visited aviator Charles Lindbergh's grave and ge will be sharing one if he sticks me on anything else!

irLzTyY.jpg

Hat: One evening we drove to Haleakala summit (10,000 ft) to watch the sunset. ge finally learned his lesson and held me up and it was super cold. How I laughed at ge shivering away. Look, higher than the clouds!

dhCHMeq.jpg

Hat: And how excited was ge to hear that hoops are back on the jersey? I'll let this pic explain....

DwIGf8Z.jpg

Annnnd now we're back in the cold, snowy, non horizon land of grumpy bears and weird moose.

hiya n00bs...

It's Spotify wrap up day!

The day when Spotify tells us our fav songs, artists, genres and other data about what we listened to over the last 12 months.

Get on it!

Don't have Spotify? I guess life choices are life choices...even dud ones!

Just in regard to musing , thought it worth a mention of some footy related activity in my local area last weekend and mainly in regard to an example of some really worthwhile and commendable post player career activity . This was in regard to a charity ' Head space ' weekend of League Legends and highlighted with an exhibition match against a local composite side [ all retired [ or just ] and naturally on the social side . Didn "t realize it initially but most of the legend players were staying in in one of my local pubs that i occasionally drop in to for a couple ales . Quite a large bar area and then was [ and others ] taken aback with a then steady entry of many former league stars so to speak to the bar area . May happen again but did seem quite surreal at the time with so many former league high profile personal lining the bar . Scott Prince , Greg Bird , Steve Price, Dave Shillington , Jasmine Lowe to name a few . Scott Price can do a pretty mean Karaoke as well . Anyway instigated apparently by former local top liner Kev Campion and a credit to him and an excellent outcome all round it seems . Went to the game , and would certainly say that Prince and Matt Bowen playing for the Legends are still in great shape and again just a good outcome in general . O j Cunningham was due to make an appearance for the legends but some other last minute plans apparently Media just seems often to mainly focus on controversial and contentious league matters and is a shame more attention is not given to these type of positive examples of many former league players still doing really good things community and public wise .

Just in regard to musing , thought it worth a mention of some footy related activity in my local area last weekend and mainly in regard to an example of some really worthwhile and commendable post player career activity . This was in regard to a charity ' Head space ' weekend of League Legends and highlighted with an exhibition match against a local composite side [ all retired [ or just ] and naturally on the social side . Didn "t realize it initially but most of the legend players were staying in in one of my local pubs that i occasionally drop in to for a couple ales . Quite a large bar area and then was [ and others ] taken aback with a then steady entry of many former league stars so to speak to the bar area . May happen again but did seem quite surreal at the time with so many former league high profile personal lining the bar . Scott Prince , Greg Bird , Steve Price, Dave Shillington , Jasmine Lowe to name a few . Scott Price can do a pretty mean Karaoke as well . Anyway instigated apparently by former local top liner Kev Campion and a credit to him and an excellent outcome all round it seems . Went to the game , and would certainly say that Prince and Matt Bowen playing for the Legends are still in great shape and again just a good outcome in general . O j Cunningham was due to make an appearance for the legends but some other last minute plans apparently Media just seems often to mainly focus on controversial and contentious league matters and is a shame more attention is not given to these type of positive examples of many former league players still doing really good things community and public wise .

That's not a bad muse (lack of paragraphs aside, lol)

You should post it in the main forum as only about 3 champs read this thread.

Other 'great unwashed' are over that way --------->

If you want to realise just how long this year has been, remember that.....

It was in 2021 that the cargo ship 'Ever given' got stuck in the suez canal...!!!!

So on Dec 28th, Mrs ge asked me if I've seen a white package.

"Over there," I said.

she grabs it and passes it to me. "Here, it's a Christmas present I forgot to give you."

ge - "Hey, it's the scarf I said I wanted, thanks for that."
mrs ge- "No problems."

ge- "Next you'll be saying you also forgot to give me the gloves I asked for..ha ha lulz..etc."
mrs ge - "Oh yeah, ha ha, errr, ummm .... I'll be back in a second."

mrs ge returns with a parcel. "Here"

I open up the parcel to see the gloves I asked for. "Er, thanks for that as well. No wonder I thought I didn't get much for Christmas. Now about that helicopter I asked for...?"

mrs ge: "That's enough funny boy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days after that she hands me another parcel.
mrs ge: "I saw your headphones were just about shot. When you're using sticky tape to keep them working, it's a sign you need new ones. So I bought you these Bose wireless noise cancelling things.

ge: "yay thanks!"

She's either raking in a lot more $$$ than I thought or I owe her big for her birthday!

Anyway, happy new year!

3lzHMBy.jpg

hiya n00bs...

It's Spotify wrap up day!

The day when Spotify tells us our fav songs, artists, genres and other data about what we listened to over the last 12 months.

Get on it!

Don't have Spotify? I guess life choices are life choices...even dud ones!

This Is My Jam was a good site. It's closed down now but they still have the archive.

Jaclyn Narracott won the women's IBSF world cup skeleton race at St Moritz over the weekend.

This is the first time an Australian (man or woman) has won a sliding event at a world cup race.

Well done to her! Awesome effort.

Jackie Narracott has become the first Australian to win a World Cup gold medal in skeleton, or any sliding sport, with a dazzling performance in Switzerland.

:trophy::trophy::trophy:🥇🥇🥇🥇

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4