Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

On March 18, 1944, a Finnish ski patrol troop was behind Russian lines when they were ambushed. They managed to escape during the ensuing firefight, but the Russian soldiers pursued the men, beginning a good old-fashioned ski chase.

Still deep in enemy territory, the odds did not look good for the fleeing Finnish. Feeling exhausted, Finnish soldier Aimo Koivunen remembered he had the whole troop's supply of Pervitin (aka methamphetamine) stored inside his pocket.

He popped the lot, like Popeye eating a big can of spinach – he hadn't wanted to take all of them, but while being pursued in the cold it was difficult to take out an individual pill, especially while wearing mittens.

His energy was soon boosted, perhaps unsurprisingly given that he had just taken 30 times the dose of methamphetamine he was supposed to.

That is one of the most incredible tales I've ever heard. I especially liked this bit:
"he hadn't wanted to take all of them, but while being pursued in the cold it was difficult to take out an individual pill, especially while wearing mittens."
Scared Courage The Cowardly Dog GIF

these beavers don't wanna be on the internet.

“(It) feels like a very unusual and uniquely Canadian turn of events,” said Telus spokesperson Liz Sauvé in an email.

“Beavers have chewed through our fibre cable at multiple points, causing extensive damage,” reads her statement.

Today is World Naked Gardening Day ... my neighbour is not a fan ..

I'm glad it's still friday here!

also - not gunna lie, I checked to see if that was actually a thing...it is (lol)

also also - there was a message just for you in the DT article I posted. Last paragraph I think it was. Anyway, the world has moved on.

I wonder if my neighbour would be interested in knowing about naked gardening day?

though images of court cases are running through my head- so I guess not.

We don't have a bread knife at home and recently Mrs ge has been buying unsliced bread .

We stab and hack away usually ending up with squished bread while the knife tries to get through the soft, soft delicious bread (you've all done it).

"Stuff this", I finally said. Logged onto amazon (after the local kitchen store didn't have any bread knives and told me to go to the local hardware store - and basically stop interrupting their conversation - sigh) - gots me a bread knife + sheath and all is sweet.

It was this one:

No biggie..just a knife.

So....

Today mrs ge used it for the first time.

We're just back from the e.r with 9 stitches in her index finger! that's right... sliced the finger the first time she used it!

I wasn't allowed into the hospital (1- covid, and 2 - no need) but I did get a call asking me to go through the garbage bin and find the chunk of skin she threw out so they could stitch it back on!

I guess... I'm the real hero!

How's your day been?

We don't have a bread knife at home and recently Mrs ge has been buying unsliced bread .

We stab and hack away usually ending up with squished bread while the knife tries to get through the soft, soft delicious bread (you've all done it).

"Stuff this", I finally said. Logged onto amazon (after the local kitchen store didn't have any bread knives and told me to go to the local hardware store - and basically stop interrupting their conversation - sigh) - gots me a bread knife + sheath and all is sweet.

It was this one:

No biggie..just a knife.

So....

Today mrs ge used it for the first time.

We're just back from the e.r with 12 stitches in her index finger! that's right... sliced the finger the first time she used it!

I wasn't allowed into the hospital (1- covid, and 2 - no need) but I did get a call asking me to go through the garbage bin and find the chunk of skin she threw out so they could stitch it back on!

I guess... I'm the real hero!

How's your day been?

I am certain Mrs Moose is a wonderful, intelligent and caring person .... but good Lord don't ask her to clip your hooves ...

Edit ... hope she has a speedy recovery ... and supermarkets here will slice your unsliced loaves for you in a machine designed just for that purpose .... I get the sourdough loaf or the pana di casa ...

I am certain Mrs Moose is a wonderful, intelligent and caring person .... but good Lord don't ask her to clip your hooves ...

Edit ... hope she has a speedy recovery ... and supermarkets here will slice your unsliced loaves for you in a machine designed just for that purpose .... I get the sourdough loaf or the pana di casa ...

Her only flaw is her taste in men (one in particular).

It's fun and instagram now, but once the codeine wears off...

She gets the bread from a couple of bakeries... I dunno if they'd slice it for her (lame).

She likes sourdough as well. I can't stand it. :(

Pana di casa...

"Bread of the house" or

House bread - sounds a lot fancier in Italian! lol

Last edited:
I hate it when you politely mention to someone (a few times) that they should leash their new dog as it's a runner, then you see them a few months later to find out the dog got hit by a car and died.

I am both sad and terribly annoyed ****ing angry.

Speaking of Dogs

4.30 to 6pm - goes for a walk, doesn't pee
6.30pm - gets taken outside, doesn't pee
7.30pm (after dinner, etc) - gets taken outside, doesn't pee.
8.00pm - pees inside house...................................................................................................

9.30pm - indicates she desperately needs to go outside. Does nothing but walk in circles in the rain.

Anyone want a dog?

Update....

mrs ge's skin didn't take to being sewed back on so they had to remove the stitches and dead skin (she's also terrified of needles so that's a bonus)

Much codeine later and the finger is healing nicely (I think).

Ouch. All the best to Mrs GE, pain is a real downer.
I'm sure she realises how lucky she is to have you to cheer her up with some funny quips or observations!

Ouch. All the best to Mrs GE, pain is a real downer.
I'm sure she realises how lucky she is to have you to cheer her up with some funny quips or observations!

She should!

Somehow the laughs I got pre-marriage slowly turn into ~eye-rolls~ and "ugh's" post marriage.

then I notice she uses my jokes in some of her books!

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9