Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 4
CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 17th June 2023

Venue:
.... CommBank Stadium, Parramatta, NSW

Gates Open:.... 2:45pm.

NSW Cup Kick Off Time:.... Parramatta Eels v Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles: 3:00pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Parramatta Eels v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: 5:30pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Kaeo Weekes
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolutau Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Josh Schuster
07. Jake Arthur

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker (c)
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
16. Ethan Bullemor
13. Sean Keppie

12. Samuela Fainu
14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
18. Aaron Woods

Replacement:

17. Ben Condon.

Reserves:

Out:

19. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
20. Morgan Harper
21. Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player
22. Zac Fulton.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Cooper Johns
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Dean Matterson
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Latu Fainu
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Fletcher Myers - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Thursday, 15 Jun 2023) * * *

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Aaron Woods (Thumb, Round 17)
  • Kelma Tuilagi (Facial Fracture, Round 18)
  • Brad Parker (Elbow, Round 18)
  • Jake Trbojevic (Calf, Round 19)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Indefinite)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are no variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Aaron Woods (Thumb, Round 17)
  • Brad Parker (Elbow, Round 18)
  • Kelma Tuilagi (Facial Fracture, Round 18)
  • Jake Trbojevic (Calf, Round 19)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Indefinite)

We've got plenty of time to prepare for this whereas the Eels will be coming off a short turnaround.

They're already missing Brown and who knows, Moses may get called into Origin? They'll probably have at least one forward in origin anyway.

We'll have Weekes in for Turbo, and Jake Arthur for DCE, but otherwise the same confident, in-form side. Another win and Manly will really be starting to build momentum. I'm liking this season.

We've got plenty of time to prepare for this whereas the Eels will be coming off a short turnaround.

They're already missing Brown and who knows, Moses may get called into Origin? They'll probably have at least one forward in origin anyway.

We'll have Weekes in for Turbo, and Jake Arthur for DCE, but otherwise the same confident, in-form side. Another win and Manly will really be starting to build momentum. I'm liking this season.

Form should be rewarded here and Toby has been a very dynamic and consistent cup player and
Weekes has been very underwhelming

Jake Arthur would be fired up to play the game of his life against his old team

Momentum is the Mother of all insurgence and we need to keep winning to surge towards top 4

Top Four - Society Podcast | Podchaser

Looking forward to seeing Jake play against his old team. Not sure about weekes though. Agree with you Bozo about Toby playing well but not sure he’s physically big enough for NRL. I feel as though he’ll be manhandled. Wondering whether Garrick would be better at fullback, Weekes to wing and Tui to centre. I know Garrick was great at centre but he’s also an excellent fill in for Turbo.

I just hope we don't throw up another rocks performance because of no DCE , Jake or Turbo. The rubbish we have put on against Knights, Titans and Sharks losing those home games is just unacceptable and we now have to make up for those loses by winning the ones we aren't expected to. This is one of them. I hope Arthur gets the #7 and Garrick to #1. Can't believe I'm saying this but Harper in to center. He's got a little to prove and has been playing well in Reggie's. No to Johns or Weekes.

Gota say that we transform into a completely different team when Turbo and DCE are playing. They'll be missing jr Paulo and Brown, and if Mosses gets picked...we'll come right into it.

I just hope we don't throw up another rocks performance because of no DCE , Jake or Turbo. The rubbish we have put on against Knights, Titans and Sharks losing those home games is just unacceptable and we now have to make up for those loses by winning the ones we aren't expected to. This is one of them. I hope Arthur gets the #7 and Garrick to #1. Can't believe I'm saying this but Harper in to center. He's got a little to prove and has been playing well in Reggie's. No to Johns or Weekes.
Seibs on the radio this arvo said Weekes and Arthur to cover for DCE and Tom, also said looking at Garrick to be a long term centre, now whether that means for the next game or when tom returns I guess we'll know Tuesday

T
The Knights game in Mudgee and Titans at Brookie were an unacceptable throwing away of invaluable competition points.

I'd say despite other poor performances, we probably shouldn't have expected any more wins than that anyway, considering personnel missing and quality of opposition. So big picture, we should have been 8wins and 5losses. A win against the Eels sans the Trbojevics and DCE is a vital step in making up some lost ground.

I must admit the last 3 performances have given me some hope for the remainder of the season

T

The Knights game in Mudgee and Titans at Brookie were an unacceptable throwing away of invaluable competition points.

I'd say despite other poor performances, we probably shouldn't have expected any more wins than that anyway, considering personnel missing and quality of opposition. So big picture, we should have been 8wins and 5losses. A win against the Eels sans the Trbojevics and DCE is a vital step in making up some lost ground.

I must admit the last 3 performances have given me some hope for the remainder of the season
You can add the Souths game as well.
Bad footy smarts cost us this one.

The less changes the better for me
Weekes is safe at the back although a little down on confidence and JA is actually not a bad player and certainly an upgrade on poor old johnsy.we just have to maintain energy and line speed like last night
Go Manly

Would rather Rubs to FB and Ray Ray on the wing and Tui in the centres

So big picture, we should have been 8wins and 5losses.
It's unrealistic to expect the team to play well every game.
Personally I thought the Knights draw was a fair result, and Titans too good on the night. It was the loss to Souths that hurt because Annesley admitted we were robbed.
So we 'should' be 7 wins, one draw and 5 losses (and Rabbitohs, popular tips to win the comp, should be on 7 losses).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4