Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 4
CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accurate postion without byes is equal 8th with Parra and the Dolphins. The byes effect the ladder much less than people think.

Agree an important game though.
C’mon Disco, don’t start wavering! I’m with you all the way on the ladder not being impacted as much as people bang on about.
The bye may guarantee two points but it doesn’t prevent the other 16 teams from have the opportunity to win two points that same weekend and 8 teams will win two points.

C’mon Disco, don’t start wavering! I’m with you all the way on the ladder not being impacted as much as people bang on about.
The bye may guarantee two points but it doesn’t prevent the other 16 teams from have the opportunity to win two points that same weekend and 8 teams will win two points.
It keeps coming up. I feel I should almost start and update an accurate ladder thread.

Below is an accurate ladder as it stands. Total competition points (minus bye points) divided by games played. This gives you your competition points per game.

Win % similiar but with draws the above is more accurate.

TeamPoints (ex bye points)PlayedPPG
Broncos22151.47
Panthers18131.38
Storm16131.23
Rabbitohs18151.20
Warriors16141.14
Raiders16141.14
Sharks14131.08
Manly13131.00
Eels14141.00
Dolphins14141.00
Titans12130.92
Roosters12130.92
Cowboys12140.86
Knights11130.85
Bulldogs10140.71
Dragons8140.57
Tigers6130.46

Weekes v Gutho is the key clash here. Time for Weekes yo get his hands on the ball more and show us what hes got. If he's a passenger again we lose.

Schu will need help, against the Knights he played a loan hand in attack. If Kaeo and Arthur take some focus off him and Josh doesnt get smothered we are in with a good chance. The packs cancel each other out.

Tippytoes needs to be on his game out wide or Sivo will also add to his try scoring tally against us.

For a game without our Origin stars, we are in with a big chance here. As long as we turn up. Hopgood is the danger man with his offloads, and Gutho will be everywhere. Lets hope he does a Teddy and overplays his hand in the absence of Moses and Brown.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time 🤬
We were robbed at Bankwest against Parramatta last year by a clearly incorrect forward pass call by the lines person when Garrick scored the match winner. It happened to us again this year against Souths. It happened to the Warriors at Bankwest against Parramatta in recent years as well.

We were robbed at Bankwest against Parramatta last year by a clearly incorrect forward pass call by the lines person when Garrick scored the match winner. It happened to us again this year against Souths. It happened to the Warriors at Bankwest against Parramatta in recent years as well.
The forward pass was in 2020, but last year we were on the wrong end of a 9-2 penalty count including the one at the end where the Parra winger fell into Tuipulotu's shoulder.

Refs always a massive factor in Parra home games so need to beat them like we did in 2021, the chance we get dudded will increase the closer the game is

Even if Weekes just concentrates on playing defensively at fullback, we’ve got another 3 strike weapons in our back 5 in Koula, Garrick & Saab for Schuster to feed for points.

I hope Weekes has a good game, his confidence is definitely down since his debut at 5/8th vs Penrith.

Thank you @The Wheel

Another of the many challenges that awaits Manly this season
Another opportunity to prove that we are a resilient side and prevail against all odds
If we can do this the odds are that we are heading towards our long awaited premiership win

Sea Eagles backs are meant to fly
as our latest centre sensation Reuben
lands down for a Manly try

Picture Compliments Manly Media
Reuben Garrick crossed for a hat-trick in a 30 points haul against the Dolphins

We may be missing cherry, turbo and jake but we are in serious trouble if we cannot get the job done this weekend…

That parra side would struggle in NSW cup…
Can't agree.
I can see Manly winning this game but can also see the Eels winning it!
Commbank does wonders for their confidence and refs probably 'expect them to do well' there too
Even with key players out the club is coming off a grand final year and have been winning games so they won't lack confidence
They still have their main man Gutho, he can make things happen and often does
Let's not think about Manly's record without Turbo
" " " " " " " " " DCE
" " " " " " " " " Jake

I'd love to see Manly win this, it would be a great sign of growth in the squad to win it without our key men.

Fortunate that Manly had another option to bring in with Jacob Arthur as cover for D C E
Yes but it's not just a fluky stroke of luck, it's obvious we deliberately sought out another halfback option after a couple of Cooper's worrying performances earlier this year.

To win this away and without our big 3, I reckon we need a dominant aggro forward performance such as we put on against Storm.
Paseka has made great progress this year, we probably need him to make it personal against RCG. Is he capable of that? Seems so nice, lol.
So, smash them in the forwards is our best chance, we've got enough class still in the backs to score enough points.

I'd love to see Manly win this, it would be a great sign of growth in the squad to win it without our key men.
The Key to winning this game without our key man in the key that unlocks our self belief
Great coaches the Great motivators of men have this key

Nothing great has ever been achieved in team sport without inspirational leadership.
In Difficult times Great leaders are able to inspire and lift their team to Great winning heights

The moral of the Seibold story
Success may not be a linear line
But if we do not keep winning we will not reach the top 8 finish line
and Underachieve

Time for our leader to stand up and be counted
NRL news: Tom Trbojevic set to miss 6-8 weeks with hamstring injury at ...

Weekes v Gutho is the key clash here. Time for Weekes yo get his hands on the ball more and show us what hes got. If he's a passenger again we lose.

Schu will need help, against the Knights he played a loan hand in attack. If Kaeo and Arthur take some focus off him and Josh doesnt get smothered we are in with a good chance. The packs cancel each other out.

Tippytoes needs to be on his game out wide or Sivo will also add to his try scoring tally against us.

For a game without our Origin stars, we are in with a big chance here. As long as we turn up. Hopgood is the danger man with his offloads, and Gutho will be everywhere. Lets hope he does a Teddy and overplays his hand in the absence of Moses and Brown.
I think Croker is the Schu's key to this game.

It keeps coming up. I feel I should almost start and update an accurate ladder thread.

Below is an accurate ladder as it stands. Total competition points (minus bye points) divided by games played. This gives you your competition points per game.

Win % similiar but with draws the above is more accurate.

TeamPoints (ex bye points)PlayedPPG
Broncos22151.47
Panthers18131.38
Storm16131.23
Rabbitohs18151.20
Warriors16141.14
Raiders16141.14
Sharks14131.08
Manly13131.00
Eels14141.00
Dolphins14141.00
Titans12130.92
Roosters12130.92
Cowboys12140.86
Knights11130.85
Bulldogs10140.71
Dragons8140.57
Tigers6130.46
And here’s my live ladder with all teams given their bye points.

You can see how important the 2 points were against the Fins, had we lost we would of been in 15th under the ladder below.

Below is my Corrected ladder with all sides given their 3 byes and the current differential on the right.

• Games played aren’t assessed, you can refer to your list to see which teams have the extra opportunity to add points. Using your ladder is fine, but take the broncs for example they are guaranteed the extra points as they have had no byes, where as allocating the byes lets me follow which teams can rise by winning, just my preference. My works not as well presented as yours.

Broncos 28 - 93
Panthers 24 - 171
Vermin 24 - 99
Storm 22 - 43
Warriors 22 - 34
Raiders 22- -71
Sharks 20 - 36
Slime 20 - 74

Fins 20 - 15 -27
Manly 19 - 22
Titans 18 - -33
Cows 18 - -65
Chooks 18 - -90
Knights 17 - -30
Dogs 16 - -116
Goons 14 - -61
Tigs 12 - -59

And here’s my live ladder with all teams given their bye points.

You can see how important the 2 points were against the Fins, had we lost we would of been in 15th under the ladder below.

Below is my Corrected ladder with all sides given their 3 byes and the current differential on the right.

• Games played aren’t assessed, you can refer to your list to see which teams have the extra opportunity to add points. Using your ladder is fine, but take the broncs for example they are guaranteed the extra points as they have had no byes, where as allocating the byes lets me follow which teams can rise by winning, just my preference. My works not as well presented as yours.

Broncos 28 - 93
Panthers 24 - 171
Vermin 24 - 99
Storm 22 - 43
Warriors 22 - 34
Raiders 22- -71
Sharks 20 - 36
Slime 20 - 74

Fins 20 - 15 -27
Manly 19 - 22
Titans 18 - -33
Cows 18 - -65
Chooks 18 - -90
Knights 17 - -30
Dogs 16 - -116
Goons 14 - -61
Tigs 12 - -59
Yeah I get that logic, I guess my point is looking at how your team is performing in reference to other teams.

In the above teams like the Broncos and Rabbitohs have more points sure, but they have had more opportunity to score points, they have played 2 more games then us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11