Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 20
CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the bench.

Pity Burbo got injured.

Turbo to pull out late in the week and replaced by a fully fit Weekes.

Anyone give us a chance this week? Not a maroon goggle and pure optimism. General we can beat this mob chance.

Anyone give us a chance this week? Not a maroon goggle and pure optimism. General we can beat this mob chance.

Yep .. even a cursory glance at the results of games over the past decade would indicate that any past form is absolutely NOT an indicator of future form.

Week to week the results are a lottery.

I believe the team we are fielding is well capable of beating the worms.

But, then comes momentum, rub of the green and wobbly boots .. so in conclusion .. the answer is an armadillo or kumquat ..

Yep .. even a cursory glance at the results of games over the past decade would indicate that any past form is absolutely NOT an indicator of future form.

Week to week the results are a lottery.

I believe the team we are fielding is well capable of beating the worms.

But, then comes momentum, rub of the green and wobbly boots .. so in conclusion .. the answer is an armadillo or kumquat ..
That's fair! Hopefully, they have ripped in this week and have that fire back. I love the word Kumquat. Tastes like crap but love the word..

As I've said before in previous threads, I honestly wish Des would move Jake to the front row rotation, put Davey into the back row and play Schuster at lock as an extra 5/8 a-la Gifty.

A number of the 6 again's that Jake gives away at the back end of each half are born out of fatigue. We know he's got a big motor and can go for 80 minutes week in, week out, but giving him a 20 minute rest each week would be much more beneficial to Jake and the team.

In my view, if Schuster is named in the XVII then he'll start in the back row.

I can believe Tom has been named and he will play IMO. But we know he shouldn't. In a sense I think with the injuries Des's hands are a bit tied on this one. He could move Walker to centre, and play either Garrick or Koula at the back, but with Lawton still on suspension and Parker, Saab and now Burbo on the injured list, that leaves us without an experienced utility. Hence although we (fans) and probably they (Des and co.) know that Tom isn't really fit to play, he's been named and will play.

This week, all I hope for is that we just turn up to play. @Mark from Brisbane was 100% right in something he said on the weekend (I think it was on Facebook) ... we were gone last Friday night after just 2 SECONDS. When the kick-off was let bounce over the dead ball line and no one making any attempt to get to it ... we were gone right there. Our heads dropped under the surface and never came back up. We do that this week and Parramatta will put 50+ on us.
I agree with that, the heads went down with the stuffed up kick-off and never really came back up, an almost carbon copy of the Sharks game with the exception that we were as bad in the second stanza as we were in the first

For Manly to win this one they have to win the first 20 mins , So many poor starts from this side , Parra like to be in front and play better when they are .
A few of the boys are unwanted players from Parra so hopefully they rip in and don’t let up

We get the Ginger Ninja as referee this week. He seems OK.

So we don't get Grant Atkins ... but we do get Ashley Klein in the bunker and that IMO is worse.
There certainly seems to be little time for us from the officials seemingly regardless of who they are, some of it brought on by certain players within our ranks and some by way of reputation it seems to me, we need to employ an ex referee to work with our boys and rid us of the constant giving away of restarts, it's doing my head I'm week in and week out

There certainly seems to be little time for us from the officials seemingly regardless of who they are, some of it brought on by certain players within our ranks and some by way of reputation it seems to me, we need to employ an ex referee to work with our boys and rid us of the constant giving away of restarts, it's doing my head I'm week in and week out
When watching Manly it always appears that they give away too many six agains at critical times , not the standard six agains like some of the top teams give away

it's going to be a wet night, we are in trouble. I think in the last 2 years we are 2 for 14, I'm sure our stats people will correct me.

I can just say I would not to be in @byso's house on Friday, His Mrs is a Parra supporter.

If there is any team we seem to consistently get up for it is Parramatta.

I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t a bounce back this week, it’s just whether it’s enough to get the win.

A win against a team like Parra is more than just two points. It would provide the team with some much needed confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4