Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 20
CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

MATCH DAY

Friday 20th May 2022

Venue:
.... CommBank Stadium, Parramatta, NSW

Gates Open:.... TBA.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Parramatta Eels vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - 7:55pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Christian Tuipulotu
03. Morgan Harper
04. Tolutau Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
17. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Andrew Davey
13. Jake Trbojevic

10. Sean Keppie
14. Dylan Walker
15. Josh Schuster
16. Martin Taupau

Replacement:

18. Ethan Bullemor.

Reserves:

Out:

19. Kurt De Luis
20. Kaeo Weekes
21. Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
22. Alec Tuitavake
23. Zac Fulton
24. Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Viliami Fifita
  • James Roumanos
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Thursday, 19 May 2022) * * *

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Josh Schuster (Calf, Round 11)
  • Jason Saab (Toe, Round 12-13)
  • Karl Lawton (Suspension, Round 13)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Shoulder, Indefinite)
  • Taniela Paseka (Knee, Indefinite)
  • Morgan Boyle (Ankle, Indefinite)
  • Brad Parker (Knee, Mid-Season)

However, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Karl Lawton (Suspension, Round 13)
  • Jason Saab (Toe, Round 13)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Shoulder, Round 14)
  • Morgan Boyle (Ankle, Indefinite)
  • Andrew Davey (shoulder, Indefinite)
  • Brad Parker (Knee, Indefinite)
  • Taniela Paseka (Knee, Indefinite)

Any chance of Saab @Mitch ? I know you tend to be in the know about these these things.

That would leave Parker, Paseka, Fainu, Lawton as the only unavailable players, right ?

I wouldn’t think for next week mate. Was still in a moon boot last week.
Thanks mate, and damn. Particularly if Burbo is injured. Might give Harper another shot. And he WAS much better against The Tigers.

Look, we can win this game. Move up, pressure them and hold the ball. We’re better than they are, and we need to start believing it. Parramatta are football imposters and Des needs to tell our guys that.
This will be a good old fashioned pantsing

I hope I am working for this one. After being at the game last night, can't bare to watch this sober..

This is our best chance to make a bounce back because Melbourne in Melbourne will most likely be too tough for us. Treat this last game as a slap in the face, spit in the face, hold their heads in shame and bounce back with high energy on Friday. Parra will have had back to back tough games so we can get them at this time. It's our best chance at a bounce back otherwise we will lose 3 in a row going into origin.

Tbh, I will only accept a win. Idc if we try hard and come close and put in a brave performance, still not good enough after a performance that bad on Friday. Our worst in this second Des Hasler era IMO. That loss was reminiscent of the Baz era. A win against our arch rivals on Friday is the only justification. I will not take anything else otherwise I, myself, a big fan of Des, will start questioning if he's the right man.

Headspace is everything here , who is in ( out ) , time between games etc etc will mean absolutely nada if their heads aren’t in the game.

And it’ll take just the first set to know.
Mate it doesn't take the first set to know. If they're in the top 10 it's a loss. Below that we might be a chance.

Didn't Parra have 6 or 7 players out when they beat Panthers?

We seem to be able to trouble the eels & must be looking for redemption...
But hard to see it after the abomination that was last night - need to get back on my self-meds!

Harper back in the centres is a concern... hopefully the schu is back to add some much needed spark!
I completely underestimated how important Schu was for our attack. Even the glimpses of him v Souths was a clear reminder. He is a massive body who can ball play, dig into the line and straighten the attack creating heaps of room on the left edge. Our left edge backrowers this season imo have severely stunted our attack. Really hope he’s back next week. We’ll bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7