Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 20
CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting the result aside, just hoping the Manly team, particularly the pack are far more intense and direct....every TOUGH game, the forwards seem to play lateral at a slow tempo and by the time there's a shift, the backs are out of sync, working off zero momentum.
A win is the Ultimate goal, but just want this side build in a physical sense, really bustle them defensively and run with more aggression with the ball, hopefully in numbers....until these area's improve expect the same theory to ring true - we can't compete with the Top sides and sadly, the better sides are now realising it and appear to lack fear of the once well respected Manly team.

Underdogs suits Manly a lot better. I expect once we catch the ball from the kickoff all the players will again be filled with confidence and belief. Eels are a strong side across the park but their weakness is they can be a bit one dimensional. Moses won't relish running down Haumole's edge.

Let's hope SER8 because I don't think I can sit through another 80 minutes of what they dished up on Friday night.

Someone must have thought the $3.25 was good value because we've come in to $3. @:D

The reality is the Worms have a decent pack and if ours doesn't match them, we may as well be at $33 because we won't even get close.

It’s hard not to like this guy. One of my favorites always puts in and a loss hurts him like it does to Jakey. Lock him up long term will get better and better.

The reality is the Worms have a decent pack and if ours doesn't match them, we may as well be at $33 because we won't even get close.
They won't beat themselves. Their game plan is very simple and effective - big forwards Paulo RCG Brown Papalii etc taking turns as hard straight runners, then a big Moses kick to a corner.
Matterson provides some point of difference (and Cartwright in the last 5 minutes) but aside from that there isn't much finesse or deception just brute direct force. Which in rugby league is pretty effective!

So yep, 100% Manly need to match them all game up front. Can we do it?? We'll find out! And if we do we have the class to win.

Well it’s TLT

Will Seggy get a call up ??

My vote is no, but the drums in the media are building loudly !!
If Croker was out, no doubt about it Mark, he'd get his chance, especially having the Lawman out as well. Croker and Jake will no doubt notch up high tackle counts, not sure Seggy's up to this tbh.

They won't beat themselves. Their game plan is very simple and effective - big forwards Paulo RCG Brown Papalii etc taking turns as hard straight runners, then a big Moses kick to a corner.
Matterson provides some point of difference (and Cartwright in the last 5 minutes) but aside from that there isn't much finesse or deception just brute direct force. Which in rugby league is pretty effective!

So yep, 100% Manly need to match them all game up front. Can we do it?? We'll find out! And if we do we have the class to win.
Dont forget about Lane on the edge. He goes hard at the try line and has those 7 foot long arms to reach over. I cannot believe Manly let him go to that mob. Was that another Barrett stuff up?

Dont forget about Lane on the edge. He goes hard at the try line and has those 7 foot long arms to reach over. I cannot believe Manly let him go to that mob. Was that another Barrett stuff up?
Probably. The rumour was Manly wanted to keep him but the Eels offered more. But it was also rumoured he wasn't impressed with what happened to Jacko - a situation Barrett is ultimately responsible for - and that probably played a part in Lane deciding to move on from Manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10