Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Souths are rorting the cap again, no way Roberts just chooses to walk away from $400k+ for his final year with nothing in return.

The NRL has a moral obligation to kick Souths out of the competition again

So whats the rule with these "medically retired" and "released on compassionate grounds" cases?

So lets start with the G.I "medical retirement"....so G.I gets injured or depressed or whatever and cannot continue playing RL due to whatever....souffs get money exempted from the cap for the remainder of his contract YET he bobs up months later all happy n fresh playing in pommyland..

NOW this roberts thing.....yeah we know/think youre struggling physically/mentally or whatever so we'll release you on compassionate grounds, free up money to sign JAC or whoever, and THEN weeks or months later feels better and signs with someone else!!!!!!!

Does THAT sound abnormal or totally within the rules to you lot? I dont know the rules

So whats the rule with these "medically retired" and "released on compassionate grounds" cases?

So lets start with the G.I "medical retirement"....so G.I gets injured or depressed or whatever and cannot continue playing RL due to whatever....souffs get money exempted from the cap for the remainder of his contract YET he bobs up months later all happy n fresh playing in pommyland..

NOW this roberts thing.....yeah we know/think youre struggling physically/mentally or whatever so we'll release you on compassionate grounds, free up money to sign JAC or whoever, and THEN weeks or months later feels better and signs with someone else!!!!!!!

Does THAT sound abnormal or totally within the rules to you lot? I dont know the rules
It is inconsistent. Brett couldn't run properly anymore, and Matai had chronic neck and shoulder problems yet neither could be medically retired, and stayed as part of manly's cap for a year when they couldn't play. Souths got a free ride in comparison, along with Watmough at parra.

It is inconsistent. Brett couldn't run properly anymore, and Matai had chronic neck and shoulder problems yet neither could be medically retired, and stayed as part of manly's cap for a year when they couldn't play. Souths got a free ride in comparison, along with Watmough at parra.
This is THE one major thing that really pisses me off , followed by that bull**** salary cap hit of $660k.

Greenslime personified!!!

But shoe given the souffs examples, to get the cap exemptions do they have to stay out of the game for x weeks or months or.... ? Do you know?

Souths are rorting the cap again, no way Roberts just chooses to walk away from $400k+ for his final year with nothing in return.

The NRL has a moral obligation to kick Souths out of the competition again
My thoughts exactly... Inglis, Burgess, and now Roberts all happily walking away from their contracts.

I walked into the post office yesterday to pick up a parcel and the lady behind the counter looked at my Manly shorts and said to me "Did you hear about Mr Walker" and i said "Dylan" and she said yea he is in trouble for assault and i said that was ages ago, she said no last Sunday. I have missed only 26 matches since 1972 not including this year of course and travelled to Perth,Melbourne,Canberra, Brisbane and this is what us fans get in return. Still more s..t to come yet. One thing for sure i wont be wearing my Manly shorts for a long while or go to another Manly game until this guy is gone. Hell, i liked it better when people just plain hated us. At least i had no reason to put my head down.

So, let’s assume it’s not a “ stand down “ offence ( which I think it’s not).

Does the club support the “ innocent until proven guilty “ angle and play him in 2021

OR

Boot him immediately and potentially face litigation if he’s found to be innocent.

It’s a tough one , so what’s your choice ??

Two entirely different scenarios. I think goes something like this:

Medically retired is when you get a new injury that prevents you from being able to continue. It has to be a new injury that arose after you entered your current contract. The reason Snake & Matai were denied medical retirement is the NRL reckoned their injuries were pre-existing. (Which they quite likely were! However the injuries of players such as Gillett, Watmough, and Burgess also appeared pre-existing, hence controversy). The advantage of having a player classified as medically retired is their future salary is exempted from your salary cap, yet the player still gets paid, maybe from insurance(?)
Released on compassionate grounds is simply an agreement by both parties to end the contract. No more play, no more pay. Like a simple retirement, such as Kane Elgey. Doesn't stay on the cap because you aren't getting paid. However for a player who is being touted as still NRL-ready, this raises red flags in terms of whether there are ongoing payments and if not what other inducements may have been offered to the player to forego their contract. Muddy waters, perfect for exploitation by clubs with 'influence'.

The pre-existing injury rule was obviously implemented to cover a physical injury. If it is recurring then it's bad luck for the club which has to maintain the salary of the player as part of the Cap. I get that.
But these days with so many people claiming 'mental issues' does the rule extend to non-physical injury?
Had Snake and Matai declared they had a sudden bout of depression then wouldn't it have meant the club could still pay their salary but it wouldn't come under the Cap?
Souffs use the description "compassionate grounds" as a euphemism for 'mental issues', and in Roberts' case it is a pre-existing injury.

Yep, unfortunately the terms "depression" & "mental health issues" are thrown around & used as excuses by anyone in the spotlight caught doing the wrong thing nowadays.

It's like when someone famous is caught cheating on their partner- they're suddenly diagnosed as "sex addicts" requiring rehabilitation & support to recover, whereas the great unwashed are simply branded as scumbag cheats.

I think most on here in their 60’s would echo my opinion in that from about 50 your body seems to take ages to recover from a big night .

In my 20’s you’d sleep to 1pm the next day and all would be fine.

Not much different in the 30’s.

When I was 40 I used to sit on my recliner chair and say “ I’m never drinking again”.

When I turned 50 that time on the recliner was often 2 days.

Now in my 60’s I have 2-3 beers ( mid strength) and I know I’ve had enough.
I'm in my 70's and for some reason I don't and never have suffered hangovers, I still have the odd glass or two of red more than I should and apart from talking Braille I don't suffer any other ill effects, don't know whether it's due to being born with a low braincell count or whether there's something else missing but I have to say that after watching countless family members and friends including my sons suffer in agony the morning after over the years I am rather happy to have missed out on that particular after effect of imbibing

I'm in my 70's and for some reason I don't and never have suffered hangovers, I still have the odd glass or two of red more than I should and apart from talking Braille I don't suffer any other ill effects, don't know whether it's due to being born with a low braincell count or whether there's something else missing but I have to say that after watching countless family members and friends including my sons suffer in agony the morning after over the years I am rather happy to have missed out on that particular after effect of imbibing

wow

You need to donate your body to science....

NOW!

lol

You are obviously not drinking enough Ronny

Last edited:
A long time ago I was at a club and started to talk to one of the patrons there. After a while we disclosed who we supported I off course said the mighty Sea Eagles. The person disclosed that they followed South's. Not only was this person a South supporter but was related to Craig Fields. This piqued my intrest after all any former Manly Player deserves recognition and some accolade for their contribution to our team. This than became really interesting this relative stated that Craigs problems were all due to a certain Manly Player and a certain Manly coach. That he was a good bloke and family man etc,etc,etc. I left telling this person that it was a pleasure talking to them and I was very happy that Craig had got himself together because no on.e wants to see people with family suffer. A few weeks later we all know what happened and where he ended up and still is. My point is that perhaps if he had spent a shorter period time in custody it may have scared the **** out of him and could have avoided what happen. Walker has gotten away with so much **** that he probably he is Teflon coated. If someone makes the hard descion now be it Manly, the NRL it may avoid a terrible tragedy in the future. Sometimes the best rehabilitation is a stint in goal. Excuses don't fix problems only encourage further fcuk up. That's the obligation has to Walker to protect not only Walker but partner,child, extended family, and society itself. So please no more psychology 101 bull****, no more putting a bull**** label so that he can get away with the **** he does. When he punched the door in anger that was the cry for help. When he almost overdosed himself that was a cry for help. But everybody just wall papered and gave every fckun excuse but no plan or action. Now is time for tough love.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6