Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I think if Walker comes next season we are serious contenders if we weren't already. Our biggest question mark was speed and with Walker and Tom T in the side, we have the injection of speed we require to compete with the best of them.

Well I heard (unreliable source ) that Gutho will take FB after 12 months. With Gordon first choice.
The only problem I see is French is rated very highly out west and some say he is thier long term FB,
But then again how many NEXT Peter Sterlings have they had since 1990?

P.s. the answer if you live out parra way is we don't have enough finger and toes to count

All well and good to discuss Walker's speed but I would think his state of mind and the clubs ability to help with that should be front and centre. A 21 year old kid who, following a near fatal overdose, is sacked by his club is a very tricky recruit. Does the club have a psychologist on staff? Who deals with player welfare?
And if his management is fielding many offers then that should be their concern rather than the financial difference. It's a long life after footy.

Well I heard (unreliable source ) that Gutho will take FB after 12 months. With Gordon first choice.
The only problem I see is French is rated very highly out west and some say he is thier long term FB,
But then again how many NEXT Peter Sterlings have they had since 1990?

P.s. the answer if you live out parra way is we don't have enough finger and toes to count
Is there something wrong with living out Parramatta way @Clay ???

Fox Sports seem to think we are the most likely option when rating the chances of those clubs chasing Walker.

Sea Eagles

This one is a no-brainer. Walker has reportedly already signed a contract to move north in 2017, so the issue would be whether the Sea Eagles could fit him under the salary cap in the coming season.

Reports say that if they can, the Rabbitohs will let him go.

A move to the northern beaches would be the most logical move for the dynamic young centre, who played most of his junior career at five-eighth. As luck would have it, Manly need a five-eighth to partner marquee halfback Daly Cherry-Evans.

This means Walker could either slot into the role or replace captain Jamie Lyon in the centres, freeing him up for an move to the halves.

Conveniently, Lyon is already training for a potential position switch under new coach Trent Barrett, but has admitted to Foxsports.com.au that his wish is to stay in the centres. Feleti Mateo, Isaac John and Tim Moltzen are the only other options to take over Kieran Foran’s spot at five-eighth in 2016.

Mateo, John and Moltzen the only options? I'm pretty sure there is a Manly player running round as the Kiwi 5/8 right now....

But cant you see the reason why some people mightn't comprehend ?
Im not hating on the club ,but even with your information ,it doesn't make sense why he would change his mind when nothing due to starting positions has changed.
Im sure it has more to do with the club needing to free up space & cash (I don't have a problem with this).

He resigned at the beginning of the season. At that point he was slated in the round one starting lineup. Tom had never played and was an unknown commodity. Hiku was always going to be our future centre. It's fair to assume at that point he was heir to Snake. A change in coach can change that sort of thing.

Just because a player "rates you" prior to the season means little. One or two good performances in reserve grade and a player will be promoted. Any player worth their salt must be confident in their ability. Gutherson would have had every chance to prove he was better than some of the established backline players, and/or adaptable to play in any backline position. Plus, his goalkicking could have been a further asset.

He resigned at the beginning of the season. At that point he was slated in the round one starting lineup. Tom had never played and was an unknown commodity. Hiku was always going to be our future centre. It's fair to assume at that point he was heir to Snake. A change in coach can change that sort of thing.
I don't think so ,pretty sure he had already been ruled out for the season & we were almost two months into the comp when he re upped.

http://m.nrl.com/manly-confirm-interest-in-walker/tabid/10874/newsid/90900/default.aspx
Manly confirm interest in Walker

Steve Zemek
Fri, Nov 13, 2015 - 03:26PM

Manly have confirmed their interest in troubled South Sydney NRL star Dylan Walker, amid speculation the former Test centre is facing the sack from the Rabbitohs.

Walker's future at Redfern appears bleak after he and teammate Aaron Gray overdosed on painkillers and were hospitalised in September.

The 21-year-old's fate will be decided at a Souths board meeting later this month when it is expected he will be axed, however chief executive John Lee has said his fate has not been sealed.

Walker has been linked to a number of clubs including St George Illawarra, Canterbury and Penrith but the strongest speculation is he is headed to Manly.

"We'd be interested if a deal can be worked out," Manly chairman Scott Penn told AAP.

"But it's really up to (incoming coach Trent Barrett) and our recruitment committee."

It has been reported that Walker has already agreed to join the Sea Eagles in 2017 and an early shift to the northern beaches would appear a natural move should he be moved on by Souths.

Barrett is in search for a five-eighth, following Kieran Foran's switch to Parramatta.

Walker filled at No.6 in the first three games of the Rabbitohs' 2014 campaign as well as playing there as a junior.

His departure would also ease salary-cap pressure following Sam Burgess' move back to Redfern for next season.

Last week, Lee said the club could not guarantee Walker would stay at the club in light of Burgess' return on a three-year deal.

"Like 15 other clubs in the NRL, it is important with your roster that you look at it day-in day-out, week-in week-out and we purposely freed up some of our cap space with Issac (Luke) going and Glenn Stewart going to Super League at the end of the year," Lee told AAP.

"It is important with your roster that you keep it fresh and you keep if fluid.

"If ultimately that will mean there is some movement, well that is no different to how it has been the last few months. Players have come and players have gone and, in the fullness of time, that will happen with every club."

Last edited:
http://m.nrl.com/manly-confirm-interest-in-walker/tabid/10874/newsid/90900/default.aspx

Steve Zemek
Fri, Nov 13, 2015 - 03:26PM

Manly have confirmed their interest in troubled South Sydney NRL star Dylan Walker, amid speculation the former Test centre is facing the sack from the Rabbitohs.

Walker's future at Redfern appears bleak after he and teammate Aaron Gray overdosed on painkillers and were hospitalised in September.

The 21-year-old's fate will be decided at a Souths board meeting later this month when it is expected he will be axed, however chief executive John Lee has said his fate has not been sealed.

"" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit;">

Walker has been linked to a number of clubs including St George Illawarra, Canterbury and Penrith but the strongest speculation is he is headed to Manly.

"We'd be interested if a deal can be worked out," Manly chairman Scott Penn told AAP.

"But it's really up to (incoming coach Trent Barrett) and our recruitment committee."

It has been reported that Walker has already agreed to join the Sea Eagles in 2017 and an early shift to the northern beaches would appear a natural move should he be moved on by Souths.

Barrett is in search for a five-eighth, following Kieran Foran's switch to Parramatta.

Walker filled at No.6 in the first three games of the Rabbitohs' 2014 campaign as well as playing there as a junior.

His departure would also ease salary-cap pressure following Sam Burgess' move back to Redfern for next season.

Last week, Lee said the club could not guarantee Walker would stay at the club in light of Burgess' return on a three-year deal.

"Like 15 other clubs in the NRL, it is important with your roster that you look at it day-in day-out, week-in week-out and we purposely freed up some of our cap space with Issac (Luke) going and Glenn Stewart going to Super League at the end of the year," Lee told AAP.

"It is important with your roster that you keep it fresh and you keep if fluid.

"If ultimately that will mean there is some movement, well that is no different to how it has been the last few months. Players have come and players have gone and, in the fullness of time, that will happen with every club."

Welcome aboard Dylan.

Nooooooooooooooo. We. Don't. Want. Trouble.
I'm pretty sure he is not the only NRL player to use drugs nor are Souths and Titans the only team to use them!
I hate to say it.................? No....Let's just say I've seen first hand that some players are a bit street smarter than others.
A disposable income at an early age can be seriously detrimental!
With the right culture and guidance this should be swayed!

Ok so if it's gonna happen does that mean they have to move Matai and if so, are we willing to take Walker, lose Matai and have Hiku in the centres? Would the fan base be OK with that series of events..?

Ok so if it's gonna happen does that mean they have to move Matai and if so, are we willing to take Walker, lose Matai and have Hiku in the centres? Would the fan base be OK with that series of events..?
I think for the future of the clubs up and coming stars and respect to the champions of the club.
Jorge should stand down !

He is the weakest link IMO

I'm pretty sure he is not the only NRL player to use drugs nor are Souths and Titans the only team to use them!
I hate to say it.................? No....Let's just say I've seen first hand that some players are a bit street smarter than others.
A disposable income at an early age can be seriously detrimental!
With the right culture and guidance this should be swayed!
Amen to that. Players at every club do it. Including this one. In a very blatant manner on a night out sometimes as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10