Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Brooke

Bencher
There was definitely talk of Buhrer being groomed for captain two seasons ago.There was on here atleast ,but many of you weren't here then.
Absolutely we have definitely spoken about this. He was our Under 20's Captain. Of recent times before his injuries he was an 80 minute player also.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
From Foxsports - Dylan Walker welcome at Manly .... Stewart, Matai
SUPERSTAR Manly fullback Brett Stewart has welcomed Dylan Walker’s possible addition to the Sea Eagles for the next NRL season and says he would prefer to stay at fullback rather than potentially moving to five-eighth.

Kieran Foran’s defection to Parramatta has left a playmaking spot vacant alongside Daly Cherry-Evans at Brookvale and Stewart has been touted as a possible replacement.

The two-time premiership winner’s preference is to stay at the back and Walker’s acquisition by new coach Trent Barrett could ensure that.

Walker played the majority of his junior football at pivot and would likely succeed Foran on the northern beaches if, or when, he does come across.

At training at Manly’s Narrabeen base on Monday, Stewart said he was keen to stay in the No. 1 jersey that he has made his own.

“If ‘Baz’ (Barrett) thinks that is best for the team I would be happy to play there at five-eighth, but I haven’t played in the six since I was 15,” Stewart said.

“Obviously the main difference would be the defence: the amount of blokes running at you.

“With ball in hand things won’t probably change but more just defensive change but I haven’t really thought about it too much.”

Walker’s potential move from South Sydney would bolster an already-strong Manly backline.

“I have heard a few rumours and nothing has been put to paper but Walker would be a good addition to any team,” Stewart said.

“If he did come here I would welcome him with open arms.”
Fellow Sea Eagles veteran Steve Matai also said Walker would be an important acquisition.

“He would be a good addition, he has good feet and great defence and he works hard,” Matai said.
Link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/dyl...-and-steve-matai/story-e6frf3ou-1227610982368

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hi guys
I'm relatively new to this site..
Is the the ironstine symble, a positive or taking the piss?
Depends who it's from...you'll find out soon enough who the haters are....the ignore button is your friend.

...( Just a little tip Mango, we have some Narky spelling demons here...you might want to slip in there and fix symble/symbol up before they get here....Just between me and you....hush hush like)

Mango

Reserve Grader
Depends who it's from...you'll find out soon enough who the haters are....the ignore button is your friend.

...( Just a little tip Mango, we have some Narky spelling demons here...you might want to slip in there and fix symble/symbol up before they get here....Just between me and you....hush hush like)
Haha I'll run with it, Bring it on!
Look... I would love to spell better but heck! That ain't happening....
Only a symple builder ;)

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
For @Mango (and me) can someone link up the thread that has all the special words/sayings for this site such as ironstine, sauce, yart, etc. I vaguely recall someone telling River Eagle about it and I thought - I must remember where that is. Haven't seen it since.@:worried:

It is the Silvertail's Rosetta Stone.:)

Thanks in ......well you know.;)

Ryan

Journey Man
Honestly, Walker is a great Centre, but so is Steve Matai. I don't see Matai ever transitioning to 5/8. Why can Walker all of a sudden do it?

He sure aint no Jamie Lyon.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
For @Mango (and me) can someone link up the thread that has all the special words/sayings for this site such as ironstine, sauce, yart, etc. I vaguely recall someone telling River Eagle about it and I thought - I must remember where that is. Haven't seen it since.@:worried:

It is the Silvertail's Rosetta Stone.:)

Thanks in ......well you know.;)

@Dan

Do you still have a copy of the Silvertails Memes as the link on the Site Information page points to a news article instead.

http://silvertails.net/articles/site-information.37/category

http://silvertails.net/threads/silvertails-memes.43458/

Rex

Bencher
Honestly, Walker is a great Centre, but so is Steve Matai. I don't see Matai ever transitioning to 5/8. Why can Walker all of a sudden do it?

It's beyond me why one works and the other doesn't.

But I'd guess Matai's deception (step/swerve outside) is seen to work better in space. i.e. He is a creator of opportunities for himself and his winger.

And Walker's pace is most effective when others create unstructured defenses for him to run at, and that the middle of the field is where Barrett is aiming to create these unstructured situations for him.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member

Its a matter of ability & experience ,apparently Walker has played 5/8 quite a bit.

BoomStickBarbie

Reserve Grader
Walker has played a lot more 5/8 then Matai has........ Walker was a 5/8 come centre..... Barrett wants a running 5/8. Walker has some of the best feet in the business.... Can also pass quite well. I can see Stewart and walker either side backing DCE up. So many options either side could prove to be a major headache to defend against

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
That's like asking why Hiku plays fullback better than Matai.
The 2 major factors include Experience in that position & the instinct to play the right card with what's in front of you.
Tbh Walker will never adapt 100% as a playmaker at 5/8, but its his explosive running game Barrett is looking to cash in on.
Exploiting a fast paced attacking structure on the back of quick play the balls & 2nd phase play to maximise Walkers broken field running game.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Maybe Lawrence should be made 5/8. Not sure about his passing and kicking game, but he's one of the fastest players in the club and has very good defense:giggle:

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Haha I'll run with it, Bring it on!
Look... I would love to spell better but heck! That ain't happening....
Only a symple builder ;)
We've got a builder in our street lives at the top of the hill in a mansion. Didn't get past 6th grade....didn't need too, his work is top shelf.
If you're bored and want to antagonize said demons...Just throw in a your/you're the wrong way ....they'll come snapping for that ****e....drives em nuts!

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15