Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Is Dylan Walker > Clinton Gutherson taking pay grade into consideration?
Seems strange to punt a potential up and coming star for a more expensive player that has some baggage.

Gutherson was not released because of talent. The club wanted to keep him. They club wanted him as a future centre. He wanted to exclusively play fullback. Parra offered him the fullback spot in the future, we couldn't, so the club allow3d him to pursue the job.

If keeping Gutherson meant playing him at fullback when Snake retires it would have been at the expense of Trbojevic. The club made the right decision.

I'm as disappointed as the next man as I believe Gutherson is going to be brilliant but it would have been at a cost to Tom's development. Can we all move on and wish the kid well?

Is Dylan Walker > Clinton Gutherson taking pay grade into consideration?
Seems strange to punt a potential up and coming star for a more expensive player that has some baggage.
FFS why is it so difficult to comprehend that he left because he wanted to play fullback & he couldn't get that here

^ Yeah, this is what I don't understand. If he wanted to play fullback and fullback only, why go to another club where that's not going to happen? Gordon will be their fullback, not Gutho. And it's not like Gutherson wouldn't have been aware of Tom T when he resigned with us last year. Makes no sense.

^ Yeah, this is what I don't understand. If he wanted to play fullback and fullback only, why go to another club where that's not going to happen? Gordon will be their fullback, not Gutho. And it's not like Gutherson wouldn't have been aware of Tom T when he resigned with us last year. Makes no sense.

It's Parra, they'll give you a chocolate only to find a lump of sh!t after you unwrap it. Wouldn't be the first time they promised the world to get someone.

With Tom T & Peta Hiku in the side after Snake, Gutho was next to zero chance of playing full back for Manly. Somehow Parra don't have those sort of FB options standing in Guthos way.

But back to the topic it sounds like there are a couple of clubs trying to get Walker from under our feet. Unless it's a genuine title contender i think he is ours. Exciting times at our club when we are favourites to get in demand players. I hate his attitude but then again he playes for Souths and there isn't much to like about them lol

Gordon will be their fullback for one year only, then he will retire. Gutho will be it from 2017 onwards after he has had a year of experience in first grade (which he wouldn't of gotten here). It isn't a hard proposition to grasp.

FFS why is it so difficult to comprehend that he left because he wanted to play fullback & he couldn't get that here
FFS .I Will tell You why it May me difficult for some to understand.Gutho only months earlier re-upped his contract ,knowing Brett Stewart & (most likely) Turbo were both ahead of him for the fullback position.
So go right ahead and eat up whatever sheet you are force fed..

He isn't gonna get that at Parra either
Maybe not, but that's what the slimes do, they promise things and then renege. They have promised him the Fullback spot within 2 years when Michael Gordon goes. You could offer him more money yada yada, but he asked to go so he could play fullback so all this BS about the club pushing out a young star in the making is just that BS.

FFS .I Will tell You why it May me difficult for some to understand.Gutho only months earlier re-upped his contract ,knowing Brett Stewart & (most likely) Turbo were both ahead of him for the fullback position.
So go right ahead and eat up whatever sheet you are force fed..
My information about why he left is 100% reliable and is not from any media source or from the club, but hey I get it that him leaving like that doesn't fit with the hate people have on the club so go right ahead keep on rationalising it.

My information about why he left is 100% reliable and is not from any media source or from the club, but hey I get it that him leaving like that doesn't fit with the hate people have on the club so go right ahead keep on rationalising it.
But cant you see the reason why some people mightn't comprehend ?
Im not hating on the club ,but even with your information ,it doesn't make sense why he would change his mind when nothing due to starting positions has changed.
Im sure it has more to do with the club needing to free up space & cash (I don't have a problem with this).

It's the new paradigm. Adapting.

Players sign contracts and then move or get moved to another club. It's how clubs increasingly are responding to constantly changing circumstances.

Also interesting how we now focus on signing players/staff two years in advance and may end up getting the recruit for next year at a discount because of the De$ effect.

But cant you see the reason why some people mightn't comprehend ?
Im not hating on the club ,but even with your information ,it doesn't make sense why he would change his mind when nothing due to starting positions has changed.
Im sure it has more to do with the club needing to free up space & cash (I don't have a problem with this).
Now I am speculating on this point, but it's entirely possible that Tooves had him higher up the pecking order and told him so and then Bozo & Barrett told him he was down the order. Either way I can assure you he left for that reason and that reason only.

Now I am speculating on this point, but it's entirely possible that Tooves had him higher up the pecking order and told him so and then Bozo & Barrett told him he was down the order. Either way I can assure you he left for that reason and that reason only.

It certainly appears that a mutual agreement was struck as opposed to one side forcing the others hand. The club had the Taupau deal in the works and here is a young guy with potential on a decent contract (he would have signed elsewhere if it wasn't substantial because he was in demand) facing the prospect of another year in reserves. He wants to play first grade and the club wants to shed cap space...it's win win for both parties providing he can find a suitor and that was never going to be a problem for a kid with huge raps.

• 👍
Reactions: Ben

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11